Grow Your Own Reviews

• Nov 12, 2012

I liked this allotment-based film and would definitely encourage fellow plot holders to watch it!

• May 10, 2012

Heart warming hidden gem. A nice lazy Sunday afternoon film with some great British acting talent.

• Feb 06, 2012

Charming little movie. I enjoyed it very much and it reminded me of some folk I know. Now I want a plot too.

• Aug 01, 2011

A good light-hearted comedy-with-a-message focussing on racial tensions in the UK under the guise of an allotment plot scheme in London. The humour is quick and the characters are amusingly recognisable. A small, independent piece but well worth looking up.

• Jun 14, 2011

A really good film, far better than I thought it would be! Comical, serious and a good all rounder. Definitely one to recommend! Enjoy!

• Jun 10, 2011

Strong performances and likable characters - says it all, a little scant of the laughs for a comedy (it feels like it should have been funnier).

• Jun 10, 2011

A wonderful look look into the operations of the human condition

A wonderful look look into the operations of the human condition

• Jun 08, 2011

Pretty dull movie set entirely on an allotment, consisting of boring characters, boring storyline and uninspiring dialogue. I'd rather set up a deck chair and watch potatoes grow

• Apr 23, 2011

Dismal attempt at Britcom with stilted dialogue and script. Benedict Wong's superb turn, which looks like it has wandered in from a much better film, as a recently bereaved immigrant with two children in tow is just about its only saving grace.

• Mar 12, 2011

Loved it!!!!! Based on research of real life stories from refugee families and mixed with the strange world of allotment owners I think this film educates on some of the issues of immigration and explores prejudice in a really accessible non threatening way. Bravo!