The Grudge 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Grudge 2 Reviews

June 18, 2017
Boring................
May 19, 2017
Mientras The Grudge 2 merece algunos créditos por crear y sostener una atmósfera espeluznante, no importa mucho cuando el argumento no va a algún lugar
½ March 15, 2017
In terms of story, it isn't as good as the first but it has nice scares and great imagery.
January 7, 2017
I did not enjoy, characters sucked here bit off the ring like the prequel and is just so plain not scary!
½ January 2, 2017
uses the same type of scares as the original so it's not nearly as effective. Still not awful.
December 10, 2016
Wow. Just wow. And I don't mean that in a good way either. This is easily one of the worst horror movies I've ever watched. The most nauseating part is the plot, which seems as though it has been cobbled together by a bunch film school students struggling to agree on what constitutes a good storyline, and end up just throwing a bunch of random ideas together and somehow hoping it works. Basically, logic and continuity are severely lacking.

This movie has some scary parts, but they are far outnumbered by the silly parts. For example, one of the "kills" consists of a girl being pulled gently off a bed and disappearing into thin air, and another victim being pulled *into* her coat and vanishing. And if that sounds
silly, it looks even sillier in the movie itself. Basically, I'd only recommend this movie to you if you enjoy laughing at hilariously terrible movies. If not, avoid it at all costs.
November 29, 2016
pretty decent film good amount of scares in it my second favorite
½ November 7, 2016
SMG got lucky early on and removed herself from the movie. There is nothing redeeming about this trash heap.
October 18, 2016
The Grudge 2 is directed by Takashi Shimizu, and it stars Amber Tamblyn, Arielle Kebbel, and Teresa Palmer in a supernatural horror film about Karen's sister going to Japan to find her sister as she's in a hospital after the previous film's events, and after Karen gets killed, not spoilers as the trailers showed it, Aubrey (Amber Tamblyn) wants to find out why and she goes to the house where the curse is at. Consider that I liked the first movie, I thought that the sequel would turn out to have the same effort as the first one despite worse reviews, well, that didn't turn out to be so for me as the critics are right this time. The acting is passable at best, and it feels like they're better at screaming than actually acting, even though Sarah Michelle Gellar is still good for what small screen time she had in it. The good scares from the first one are gone here, there's nothing here that got me, or even creeped me out, heck even the "creepy" scenes are just silly. The characters are even more forgettable, and there's not a single character that I care about. There are some good aspects that I liked, the effects look decent, even if they were used for scares that didn't work, the hospital scene is very effective and is the best part of the film as Sarah Michelle Gellar's character was one of the characters from the first film that I like, and wanted her story to continue, but when her character dies, I was both surprised, even though I saw it from the trailer, and irritated at the same time as she was one of the best parts of the film, and to see her get axed off really disappointed me. The history about the main antagonist is interesting, which answer some questions, but gives off to even more questions that were not explained. It's really confusing to the point that I don't even care anymore, and it barely answered any questions from the first one that they missed. The Grudge 2 is a very dull sequel that brings off nothing new to the table.
October 10, 2016
Unnecessary sequel, and I guess the best reasons why the movie suck is first, the plot does not connect with the story in its predecessor, and second of all, it is because of the death of the real original leading lady (Gellar)...
July 18, 2016
Atmosphere and suspense make The Grudge 2 a worthwhile watch.
June 26, 2016
Wow, completely not scary which is funny because the first one scared the pants off me.  All in all I don't think I would recommend this movie.  Yes, it adds a new chapter to The Grudge series (not to mention completely sets up for a sequel) but it just wasn't that great.
January 18, 2016
another great ghost story if not slightly worse than the original and a little more ridiculous. the grudge two succeeds as a sequel and stands on its own new ground.
December 25, 2015
i want to play this movie
really really much but it wont work
½ December 22, 2015
I never saw this one in theaters but I wish I did. I thought this one was much better than the first.
½ October 27, 2015
Completely, utter, effing, useless crap. Nothing redeeming, full-on completely useless. Confusing, convoluted, misguided, wrong, boring, dragged on. It's just ridiculous. You have 4 separate storylines that are all supposedly tied together, nothing makes any sense, people die or disappear. What a horrendous waste of time.
September 26, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......
½ September 20, 2015
Some creepy visuals and clever scares can't save The Grudge 2 from feeling repetitive and silly.
September 17, 2015
A sequel to a remake is never a good line to be caught in and this movie only does that worse.
July 23, 2015
About as good as its predecessor, which isn't saying much. [C]