Gun Shy Reviews

• Nov 15, 2020

Not sure why this gets such a low score. Original and funny even if it was a little over acted.

• Aug 01, 2020

Light-hearted fun. A playful romp , filled with oddball characters, if you like quirky I think you'll like this.

• Jul 02, 2020

It's cast is the only thing going for it.

It's cast is the only thing going for it.

• May 27, 2015

The low brow approach helps not hurts this film.Silly and course and I liked it that way.

• Jun 20, 2014

Entertaining interwoven plots create an interesting result to a sting-operation-gone-sour. Looks like Charlie, Judy, Fulvio & the guys from group therapy are blessed with a chance to make things better. Friendship triumphs over betrayal & deceit.

• May 18, 2014

You'd think a movie with Liam Neeson, Oliver Platt, and Sandra Bullock would be sure to be good, but this film is just more proof that good actors is only one ingredient to making a good film. Story is key and this one just isn't that interesting. There are a few good laughs, but it gets old fast as it continues with the same jokes throughout the film.

• May 09, 2014

Hell of a mess will be undisputed in this rank for a long time.

Hell of a mess will be undisputed in this rank for a long time.

• Apr 21, 2014

Not funny, but somewhat ironic. Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but far from the best, especially from such a good cast. I guess there is only so m,ugh one can do with a non-funny script.

• Dec 23, 2013

Gun Shy (Eric Blakeney, 2000) [originally posted 22Nov2000] It's utterly amazing to me, even after so many examples of it, that a film containing A-list, top-of-the-line B-list, and excellent underrated actors can still miss the mark so widely, but there it is. Gun Shy is Eric Blakeney (Baywatch, Generation X)'s big-screen debut, and casting-wise, at least, he pulled out all the stops. Liam Neeson is a DEA agent who's become disenchanted with his job, and it's turned him into something of a neurotic. He's assigned to go undercover to sting the mob, and he meets a similarly neurotic hit man, whom he befriends (Oliver Platt), while falling in love with, yes, his enema nurse (Sandra Bullock) and trying to achieve rapport with his support group. Sound like a cute comedy? It could have been. Or a decent thriller, playing the mob-infiltration angle. Human drama? Well, maybe not, given the enema-nurse angle, but it might have managed a stab in the right direction. Romance? Maybe. Combine any two of those and you may manage a serviceable movie; comedy-action thrillers have been all the rage since Lethal Weapon. But even that vaunted team couldn't add a third element and keep it working correctly (did anyone really like Lethal Weapon 3?). Not surprisingly, Blakeney comes up with a mess that looks like someone attempted to cook spaghetti, with sauce, in a pressure cooker that exploded. Pass on this one. Really. * 1/2

• Aug 24, 2013

I really like this movie. Not because of the script, or direction, but because of the main cast which gave it all. Especially Oliver Platt, who has been cast as a gangster in need of a friend.