Hairspray Reviews

• Jun 30, 2021

I love the look of Hairspray. The costumes are fantastic, and the choreography is delightful. However, the songs aren't that memorable, the story drags on a little too long, and the message is heavy-handed in parts. Plus, I don't think John Travolta was right for his role as Edna Turnblad, even if seeing him and Christopher Walken together was amusing. I wish I liked this movie more.

• May 26, 2021

The songs are top-notch, which is good because they compose 90% of the movie. The in-between bits are serviceable - but they're not what you're here for. Fun film with a good (if a bit on-the-nose) message.

• Apr 07, 2021

AMASING!!!!! you see what I did there ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

AMASING!!!!! you see what I did there ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Mar 01, 2021

The best segment is where John Travolta sings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best segment is where John Travolta sings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jan 18, 2021

This movie is so vibrant, with songs that are super catchy and make you wanna get up and start getting up and dancing, and its talented cast makes this movie a go-to favorite, and Link is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

• Nov 09, 2020

One of the best musicals I've ever seen. It's fun to see everyone in the movie having fun doing what they do. Especially John Travolta.

• Oct 16, 2020

LOVE this movie, ahead of it's time in a way, must watch!

LOVE this movie, ahead of it's time in a way, must watch!

• Aug 29, 2020

John Travolta in drag and Christopher Walken dancing, couldn't get enough, film worth watching for just those 2. Interesting anti segregation message. Seemed like a lot of songs, not so many memorable ones but maybe that's because there were so many of them, not because they weren't good.

• Jul 29, 2020

That one didn't do it for me. I was very curious about this film for a long time. Then I finally decided to give it a chance only to be very disappointed. I did not get the whole thing with J.Travolta playing Tracy's mother. It made no sense to me ... Anyway that's just details. The songs weren't that good (in my opinion). I found it quite hard to connect with Tracy and every other character to be honest. The plot is quite weak and not that interesting (again personal opinion here!). I'm sure some enjoyed it, I just wish I could say the same.

• Jul 20, 2020