Happily N'ever After - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happily N'ever After Reviews

½ July 21, 2016
It sounded great the first time i watched this Because it's got Sarah Michelle Gellar (Scooby-Doo), Freddie Prinze Jr. (Scooby-Doo), Andy Dick (Hoodwinked), Wallace Shawn (Toy Story), Patrick Warburton (Hoodwinked), Sigourney Weaver (Ghostbusters) and George Carlin (Dogma). Let's move forward. The film is like based on the whole story of Dreamworks' ogre. Even though it's still having a good cast. This was supposed to be released by 20th Century Fox and Regency Enterprises. But it was nearly complete. And I had to give Happily N'ever After a "C-" rating.
July 17, 2016
0/10. Probably the most boring movie I have ever watched in my life.
½ July 15, 2016
A reselling of a tale in a modern way can always get confusing, but sort of gets back on track in the end.
July 13, 2016
½ June 26, 2016
4% is too low for an animated movie.
This shouldn't be a movie!

Grade: A Fat F
December 17, 2015
Not that great of an animated film
October 26, 2015
I think this movie is okay.The voice acting was amazing,but I wished that the story and the animation was fixed.Mambo and Munk were the best characters in the movie though,and they were fun to watch on screen.
½ August 23, 2015
"Happily Never After"? Happily, never again! I'd take on the rabid wolf before sitting through this nightmare at grandma's house. Although there are original aspects to the story, this is a predictable and underdeveloped tale with inelegant animation. The voice work is not impressive for any of the actors, except possibly Wallace Shawn, who just has such an interesting voice anyway. The jokes were not clever and the story was bland in its denouement. Having thoroughly bored me within the first 30 minutes, the 87-minute run time seemed overly long.
May 20, 2015
You're all yap and no zap!

The land of Happily Ever After has all our favorite fairy tales including Little Red Riding Hood, the Three Little Pigs, Sleeping Beauty amongst others. Our story centers around Cinderella and her dream of heading to the ball when all the villains of Happily Ever After decide to work together and shutdown all the heroes. Cinderella and an unlikely hero, the prince's squire, work together to save the day.

"You're not Prince Charming. You're the dishwasher."

Paul Bolger, who worked on Rock-a-Doodle, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Cool World, Duck Ugly, and The Pirates Band of Misfits, delivers Happily N'Ever After. The storyline for this picture is interesting and unfolds fairly well and the animation was better than I anticipated. The voices are well selected and include George Carlin, Sigourney Weaver, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr, Andy Dick, and John DiMaggio.

"I think she's a couple Hansels short of a Gretel, if you know what I mean."

I came across this picture (and its sequel) on HBOGO and decided to give it a shot. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it; and while some scenes were over the top and just to show off their cool CGI, this was worth a viewing and entertaining. I recommend giving this picture a shot with your family.

"I stole a baby! That's about as bad as it gets."

Grade: C+
½ April 6, 2015
Trying to mimic the Shrek formula but failing miserably, Happily N'ever after is too juvenile, horribly written, and confusing at executing some of it's ideas that it's hard to recommend to really anyone. If you've seen any fairy tale satire, then you've seen this movie, except that satire was most likely better
February 24, 2015
A terribly forgettable rip off of shrek and other fairy tales gone crazy tales. Happily N'ever after is wrecked by flat animation, little to no subversiveness, and dearth of laughs
February 23, 2015
I had never even heard of this film, from 2006, until I happened to find it on cable. It seems that the viewing public were not impressed with what they deemed a sub-standard, Shrek rip-off, and it was buried in the rubble of film follies. I agree that it in no means captures the creative wonder of Shrek; and perhaps I was still reeling from the horror of the last children's film I had watched, but I honestly didn't think this movie was awful.

The clumsy attempt at cleverness with the spelling in the title is most definitely lame; and the plot is admittedly predictable (as with the majority of kids films). It was, however, average in its entertainment value. It provided an hour and a half of fairy tale fun for the kids; and I had the added bonus of spotting Sarah Michelle Gellar and George Carlin's voices.

There are assuredly worse family films out there to pick on. Besides, it seemed to do well enough to inspire a sequel! I have yet to sample that one, but I will be sure to pass on a verdict.
½ October 12, 2014
After discovering her world is nothing but a fairy tale, the evil Frieda takes matters into her own hands and starts to make bad the new good - but happy endings won't give up so easily - and a new revolution takes shape. This movie fails on everything on jokes and animation.
September 20, 2014
Another fairy tale like the "Shrek" movies that's mix-and-twist things up in all fairy tales into one, but way less enjoyable. (C+)
½ August 6, 2014
Copyright lasts 50 years, not five you idiots.
½ July 12, 2014
WHAT THE FUCK IS GEORGE FUCKING CARLIN DOING HERE?!?!?!?!?!?
½ July 9, 2014
Apparently I liked this movie more than everyone else. It was cute. Sarah and Freddie made me laugh.
½ June 4, 2014
-_- A 'whatever' fairy tale... So bad it suck... :-(
½ April 22, 2014
They had some idea, but it's not developed at the end. It's not bad, but i could be so much better.
March 20, 2014
this looks really interesting & good