Happily N'ever After - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happily N'ever After Reviews

½ September 4, 2017
I like this movie, but it isn't one of my favorites.
½ June 12, 2017
A poorly made computer-animated fairy tale flick made solely to capitalize on the success of Hoodwinked! and Shrek.
½ April 1, 2017
Fuck, I mean fuck, Jesus Christ, this is probably the worst movie of the year if also one of the worst movies ever made I wouldn't recommend it to anyone not even kids, this movie was so awful it made me want to kill myself, I honestly don't know where to start with this movie because it's so awful
January 29, 2017
That's 1hr and 27 minutes of my life that I will not get back.
January 19, 2017
It's bad. It's REALLY bad. Would be half a star, but for some reason it has an awesome cast. THIS CAST DESERVES A BETTER MOVIE THOUGH!
September 30, 2016
Cute...but kinda stupid. The animation was also kinda weird.
August 23, 2016
All I ever wanted was to see a perfect movie. As I walked into the theaters, I knew this would be a great hit. I sat down with my buttered popcorn and my large soda and watched as my life was being changed. Through great animation and wonderful story plot with delightful characters, my standard for movies was raising higher and higher. By the end of this movie, I was was sobbing into my hands, praying that someday there might be a sequel to this perfect cinema masterpiece.

The second I heard this movie was coming out on DVD, I sprinted (literally because my car was stolen) to the store to get this so I can own one of the most perfect things human beings have ever created. I paid with the credit card that was already $90000 in debt. I was okay with that though because what is another $10 of you never have to own anything again! Anyways, as I got home, I unwrapped the box (you can find the unboxing video of mine on youtube at HappilyNeverAfter4Life). As soon as the disc hit that DVD slot, I started crying again. I started crying because I recalled all of the hilarious events that the main characters went through. That night I watched the movie 53 times. I soon realized that there was no point in going to work ever again. I called my boss to tell him that I was quitting my job. I told him why and he just laughed. I didn't care though because I knew someone like him would never understand the complexity of such a high level movie.

After that night I watched the movie at least 12 times a day. When I would wake up in the morning, my TV would automatically turn on and start playing the movie. Even before I got out of bed, I would watch the movie 3 times. After eating the limited edition Happily Never After cereal imported from Japan, I sit down and watch it another 4 times. After that, I eat my Happily Never After Mac & Cheese and watch it another 5 times, thus ending my day. I have repeated this for 2 years straight. During those 2 years, my wife and kids left because they feel that I was "wasting my life". Well, FYI, I am not wasting my life. Quite the contrary, because it is I who is truly living life. I didn't need them anyways. Also during those 2 years, I lost my house and all I own now is a TV, a DVD player, and the Happily Never After disc. I did not care though because that is all I ever needed anyways. After 2 years though, my life did start to feel empty. The only thing better than Happily Never After was released after 2 years. That thing was... THE SEQUEL! But that is a story for another day I suppose.
August 11, 2016
Happily N'Ever After is an attempt on "twisting" the fairy tales, but in fact, didn't.
½ August 9, 2016
The shocking part is that this was George Carlin's last role before he died. How did this film get him?
½ July 25, 2016
4% is too low for an animated movie.
This shouldn't be a movie!

Score: 0/10
½ July 25, 2016
Had potential. Bad voice acting. Boring animation. Flat characters. Find this at your dollar store. Still too much money.
½ July 21, 2016
It sounded great the first time i watched this Because it's got Sarah Michelle Gellar (Scooby-Doo), Freddie Prinze Jr. (Scooby-Doo), Andy Dick (Hoodwinked), Wallace Shawn (Toy Story), Patrick Warburton (Hoodwinked), Sigourney Weaver (Ghostbusters) and George Carlin (Dogma). Let's move forward. The film is like based on the whole story of Dreamworks' ogre. Even though it's still having a good cast. This was supposed to be released by 20th Century Fox and Regency Enterprises. But it was nearly complete. And I had to give Happily N'ever After a "C-" rating.
July 17, 2016
0/10. Probably the most boring movie I have ever watched in my life.
½ July 15, 2016
A reselling of a tale in a modern way can always get confusing, but sort of gets back on track in the end.
July 13, 2016
December 17, 2015
Not that great of an animated film
October 26, 2015
I think this movie is okay.The voice acting was amazing,but I wished that the story and the animation was fixed.Mambo and Munk were the best characters in the movie though,and they were fun to watch on screen.
½ August 23, 2015
"Happily Never After"? Happily, never again! I'd take on the rabid wolf before sitting through this nightmare at grandma's house. Although there are original aspects to the story, this is a predictable and underdeveloped tale with inelegant animation. The voice work is not impressive for any of the actors, except possibly Wallace Shawn, who just has such an interesting voice anyway. The jokes were not clever and the story was bland in its denouement. Having thoroughly bored me within the first 30 minutes, the 87-minute run time seemed overly long.
May 20, 2015
You're all yap and no zap!

The land of Happily Ever After has all our favorite fairy tales including Little Red Riding Hood, the Three Little Pigs, Sleeping Beauty amongst others. Our story centers around Cinderella and her dream of heading to the ball when all the villains of Happily Ever After decide to work together and shutdown all the heroes. Cinderella and an unlikely hero, the prince's squire, work together to save the day.

"You're not Prince Charming. You're the dishwasher."

Paul Bolger, who worked on Rock-a-Doodle, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Cool World, Duck Ugly, and The Pirates Band of Misfits, delivers Happily N'Ever After. The storyline for this picture is interesting and unfolds fairly well and the animation was better than I anticipated. The voices are well selected and include George Carlin, Sigourney Weaver, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr, Andy Dick, and John DiMaggio.

"I think she's a couple Hansels short of a Gretel, if you know what I mean."

I came across this picture (and its sequel) on HBOGO and decided to give it a shot. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it; and while some scenes were over the top and just to show off their cool CGI, this was worth a viewing and entertaining. I recommend giving this picture a shot with your family.

"I stole a baby! That's about as bad as it gets."

Grade: C+