Happily N'ever After - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happily N'ever After Reviews

September 30, 2016
Cute...but kinda stupid. The animation was also kinda weird.
August 23, 2016
All I ever wanted was to see a perfect movie. As I walked into the theaters, I knew this would be a great hit. I sat down with my buttered popcorn and my large soda and watched as my life was being changed. Through great animation and wonderful story plot with delightful characters, my standard for movies was raising higher and higher. By the end of this movie, I was was sobbing into my hands, praying that someday there might be a sequel to this perfect cinema masterpiece.

The second I heard this movie was coming out on DVD, I sprinted (literally because my car was stolen) to the store to get this so I can own one of the most perfect things human beings have ever created. I paid with the credit card that was already $90000 in debt. I was okay with that though because what is another $10 of you never have to own anything again! Anyways, as I got home, I unwrapped the box (you can find the unboxing video of mine on youtube at HappilyNeverAfter4Life). As soon as the disc hit that DVD slot, I started crying again. I started crying because I recalled all of the hilarious events that the main characters went through. That night I watched the movie 53 times. I soon realized that there was no point in going to work ever again. I called my boss to tell him that I was quitting my job. I told him why and he just laughed. I didn't care though because I knew someone like him would never understand the complexity of such a high level movie.

After that night I watched the movie at least 12 times a day. When I would wake up in the morning, my TV would automatically turn on and start playing the movie. Even before I got out of bed, I would watch the movie 3 times. After eating the limited edition Happily Never After cereal imported from Japan, I sit down and watch it another 4 times. After that, I eat my Happily Never After Mac & Cheese and watch it another 5 times, thus ending my day. I have repeated this for 2 years straight. During those 2 years, my wife and kids left because they feel that I was "wasting my life". Well, FYI, I am not wasting my life. Quite the contrary, because it is I who is truly living life. I didn't need them anyways. Also during those 2 years, I lost my house and all I own now is a TV, a DVD player, and the Happily Never After disc. I did not care though because that is all I ever needed anyways. After 2 years though, my life did start to feel empty. The only thing better than Happily Never After was released after 2 years. That thing was... THE SEQUEL! But that is a story for another day I suppose.
August 11, 2016
Happily N'Ever After is an attempt on "twisting" the fairy tales, but in fact, didn't.
½ August 9, 2016
The shocking part is that this was George Carlin's last role before he died. How did this film get him?
½ July 25, 2016
4% is too low for an animated movie.
This shouldn't be a movie!

Score: 0/10
½ July 25, 2016
Had potential. Bad voice acting. Boring animation. Flat characters. Find this at your dollar store. Still too much money.
½ July 21, 2016
It sounded great the first time i watched this Because it's got Sarah Michelle Gellar (Scooby-Doo), Freddie Prinze Jr. (Scooby-Doo), Andy Dick (Hoodwinked), Wallace Shawn (Toy Story), Patrick Warburton (Hoodwinked), Sigourney Weaver (Ghostbusters) and George Carlin (Dogma). Let's move forward. The film is like based on the whole story of Dreamworks' ogre. Even though it's still having a good cast. This was supposed to be released by 20th Century Fox and Regency Enterprises. But it was nearly complete. And I had to give Happily N'ever After a "C-" rating.
July 17, 2016
0/10. Probably the most boring movie I have ever watched in my life.
½ July 15, 2016
A reselling of a tale in a modern way can always get confusing, but sort of gets back on track in the end.
July 13, 2016
December 17, 2015
Not that great of an animated film
October 26, 2015
I think this movie is okay.The voice acting was amazing,but I wished that the story and the animation was fixed.Mambo and Munk were the best characters in the movie though,and they were fun to watch on screen.
½ August 23, 2015
"Happily Never After"? Happily, never again! I'd take on the rabid wolf before sitting through this nightmare at grandma's house. Although there are original aspects to the story, this is a predictable and underdeveloped tale with inelegant animation. The voice work is not impressive for any of the actors, except possibly Wallace Shawn, who just has such an interesting voice anyway. The jokes were not clever and the story was bland in its denouement. Having thoroughly bored me within the first 30 minutes, the 87-minute run time seemed overly long.
May 20, 2015
You're all yap and no zap!

The land of Happily Ever After has all our favorite fairy tales including Little Red Riding Hood, the Three Little Pigs, Sleeping Beauty amongst others. Our story centers around Cinderella and her dream of heading to the ball when all the villains of Happily Ever After decide to work together and shutdown all the heroes. Cinderella and an unlikely hero, the prince's squire, work together to save the day.

"You're not Prince Charming. You're the dishwasher."

Paul Bolger, who worked on Rock-a-Doodle, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Cool World, Duck Ugly, and The Pirates Band of Misfits, delivers Happily N'Ever After. The storyline for this picture is interesting and unfolds fairly well and the animation was better than I anticipated. The voices are well selected and include George Carlin, Sigourney Weaver, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr, Andy Dick, and John DiMaggio.

"I think she's a couple Hansels short of a Gretel, if you know what I mean."

I came across this picture (and its sequel) on HBOGO and decided to give it a shot. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it; and while some scenes were over the top and just to show off their cool CGI, this was worth a viewing and entertaining. I recommend giving this picture a shot with your family.

"I stole a baby! That's about as bad as it gets."

Grade: C+
½ April 6, 2015
Trying to mimic the Shrek formula but failing miserably, Happily N'ever after is too juvenile, horribly written, and confusing at executing some of it's ideas that it's hard to recommend to really anyone. If you've seen any fairy tale satire, then you've seen this movie, except that satire was most likely better
February 24, 2015
A terribly forgettable rip off of shrek and other fairy tales gone crazy tales. Happily N'ever after is wrecked by flat animation, little to no subversiveness, and dearth of laughs
February 23, 2015
I had never even heard of this film, from 2006, until I happened to find it on cable. It seems that the viewing public were not impressed with what they deemed a sub-standard, Shrek rip-off, and it was buried in the rubble of film follies. I agree that it in no means captures the creative wonder of Shrek; and perhaps I was still reeling from the horror of the last children's film I had watched, but I honestly didn't think this movie was awful.

The clumsy attempt at cleverness with the spelling in the title is most definitely lame; and the plot is admittedly predictable (as with the majority of kids films). It was, however, average in its entertainment value. It provided an hour and a half of fairy tale fun for the kids; and I had the added bonus of spotting Sarah Michelle Gellar and George Carlin's voices.

There are assuredly worse family films out there to pick on. Besides, it seemed to do well enough to inspire a sequel! I have yet to sample that one, but I will be sure to pass on a verdict.
½ October 12, 2014
After discovering her world is nothing but a fairy tale, the evil Frieda takes matters into her own hands and starts to make bad the new good - but happy endings won't give up so easily - and a new revolution takes shape. This movie fails on everything on jokes and animation.
September 20, 2014
Another fairy tale like the "Shrek" movies that's mix-and-twist things up in all fairy tales into one, but way less enjoyable. (C+)