Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Reviews

September 9, 2017
Still enjoyabe, but the worst movie of the series. It had none of the mystery and intrigue of the previous three and concentrated too much on being a flashy tournament than anything else.
September 8, 2017
Didyouputyournameinthegobletoffire?!?!
September 2, 2017
Harry Potter was interesting it's cool how he has to take these tests and do the tournament, but over all Harry potter movies are not my favorite
September 2, 2017
There was too much source material for this movie to be coherent, so it ended up wandering aimlessly around while missing all the crucial parts from the book.
August 29, 2017
I'm always uneasy of book to movie mergers. Dre likes it, so, I might have to check em out.
½ August 22, 2017
The turn in the franchise that finally pushes the Harry Potter movies forward, filled with much more darkness, a little more comedy, and a lot more tragedy.

Harry is introduced to yet another Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher: the grizzled Mad-Eye Moody (Brendan Gleeson), a former dark wizard catcher who agreed to take on the infamous "DADA" professorship as a personal favor to Headmaster Dumbledore (Michael Gambon). Of course, Harry's wishes for an uneventful school year are almost immediately shattered when he is unexpectedly chosen, along with fellow student Cedric Diggory (Robert Pattinson), as Hogwarts' representative in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, which awards whoever completes three magical tasks the most skillfully with a thousand-galleon purse and the admiration of the international wizard community.

Without question, I think this film is the best film in the franchise up to this date. It's easily the darkest, it has the most magic we've ever seen till now, it has deeper character development, it has a little more comedy, and it's just even more crazy. Without a doubt, it's one of my personal favorites in the entire series, which is saying a lot considering how good all the movies have been till this point.

One of the best things about this film is just how dark and emotional it is. This is the first PG-13 film in the franchise, and they really take advantage of that. This feels like the film that finally immerses you into the lore of Voldemort. From the very first scene, they establish the tone of what this film is going to be. It's much darker and more serious, showing us that the stakes are a lot more higher than we could ever imagine. The film is also simultaneously emotional, with a very impactful ending. It was a tragic ending and a perfect way to end this film. It ends on a question mark and a darker note, making us excited for what's next.

I think that this film easily looks the best of the first four films. Granted, I feel like that's an obvious, but this easily is the most least dated movie till this point. Did that make sense? Probably not, but you get what I mean. The CGI and the sets look amazing in this film. The monotone and color pallet used suggests a much more darker and grim film. The camera work and the elaborate angles help tell a story through its visuals, which makes it even more impactful. I think this film looks amazing and it definitely deserves praise in that department.

With our main protagonists, I think this is also the point where you not only see them transition as older kids, but their acting also evolves a lot in this film. You can see their acting skills and how they've grown throughout the year. They're kids, but they act like they're older. Our characters also go through the same problems that a kid would at their age. They have problems expressing their feelings for one another, they struggle with their self image, they struggle finding dates to the ball, and so forth. It makes them even more relatable, and it makes us love our characters and cherish their relationships just as much.

In the end, this has been the most exciting film so far, while also being the dark turning point that makes this franchise what it is. I thought this film was fantastic, and a near perfect film.
August 22, 2017
Good, but for me it started to back away towards the end, as the plot got more dark and uninteresting.
August 17, 2017
It is exciting, it is sad, and it is magical. It shows yet again another memorable moments of the Harry Potter series. It goes down a bit darker from The Prisoner of Azkaban, as it's vibe is more spooky and grim. But this Harry Potter has to be in my Top 3, it is that good.
August 14, 2017
An amazing addition to the franchise that has now become a family classic and must see. It involves many of the beloved moments and characters from the movies. It involves an even further step into the darker places of the wizarding world. If you love Potter this is a film for you
August 13, 2017
161121 & 170809: Action packed episode. The Goblet of Fire is more pleasing than the previous films; at least to this 50 year old. Is it because of improvements in technology or a darker adult theme; or both? Perhaps it's the maturing of the cast? Regardless, I liked this one as much as the first. Some great special effects including...dragons! I almost want to say epic. Guess I did.
August 8, 2017
To my mind the best HP film of the lot!
August 6, 2017
The fourth installment, in this ever growing film franchise, doesn't disappoint. Radcliff is still an amazing Harry Potter and his acting abilities just keep growing. He is no longer a pinning pre-teen. Now Harry is an edgier teenager that knows more about himself and his abilities. His return to Hogwarts is thrown into a loop when the Triwizards tournament finds its way to the school. Watching Harry tackle the different obstacles and challenges that await him in the tournament has the audience at the edge of their seat. The CGI has come a long way since the sorcerers stone. The dragon sequence alone is breathtaking in how gorgeous it looks. The story telling is astounding, but falls just a bit shorter than The Prisoner of Azkaban. That is no knock against the film at all, as I saw that as a near masterpiece. I highly recommend this to any Harry Potter fan, and any fantasy fan alike.
½ August 6, 2017
Loved this movie. Adaption from the books was pretty on point. Though the maze seen was more thrilling in the book. Otherwise, great movie.
July 21, 2017
The Goblet of Fire is pretty intense in this movie :)
½ July 15, 2017
A good Potter entry and my favorite film with Robert Pattinson in it. It wasn't my favorite film in the franchise but it has a great cast, good moments and overall is a good film.
July 4, 2017
Not the best but still good.
July 1, 2017
Second Favorite Book 3rd favorite movie Why in the name of Merlin is Harry's and Ron's hair longer as they never were in the books
½ July 1, 2017
Worst Harry Potter movie
½ June 26, 2017
This film was quite a bit darker then the last three films. Ralph Fiennes was great as Lord Voldemort. Still a lot of fun.

8.6/10
½ June 17, 2017
Just like the books, the Goblet of Fire changes the whole series. Unexpectedly dark, great performances from Radcliffe, Grant and Watson, interesting and ends with one of the greatest climaxes I've ever seen, this movie, while not as complex as the 743 page book, is amazing.