Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Reviews

½ January 14, 2017
Personal preference leaves me a bit disappointed as to what was left out, but the final product remains one of the superior entries in the Harry Potter franchise.
½ January 12, 2017
It's great to see these characters grow up from this point. Like just about every Harry Potter movie, Goblet of Fire is a well crafted film that has thrills, great effects, an imaginative atmosphere and great performances.
December 31, 2016
The first film of the series I lost interest in slightly.
½ December 23, 2016
Good, but not quite as good as the book.
½ December 20, 2016
By far my favorite Harry Potter movie. The only thing I would like to see next from the Harry Potter series would be a movie just about quiditch. That's my favorite part of any movie but with the cup in this movie it's almost just as good. The events were all amazing. Great movie. It has everything a good Harry Potter movie has and SO much more! Never skip this one when watching them all.
December 18, 2016
Eternal Glory For Harry Potter
December 18, 2016
Think i stopped watching these after the last one. But my daughter has read it and I will soon be watching it with her.
December 12, 2016
David Tennant is in this movie!? He rocks as Mr. Crouch!
½ December 11, 2016
A new darker step in the Harry Potter world. Offering up great entertainment for the whole family, all the way through to the end.
½ December 6, 2016
More rushed than Azkaban but about as good.
December 4, 2016
161121: Action packed episode. The Goblet of Fire is more pleasing than the previous films; at least to this 50 year old. Is it because of improvements in technology or a darker adult theme; or both? Perhaps it's the maturing of the cast? Regardless, I liked this one as much as the first. Some great special effects including...dragons! I almost want to say epic. Guess I did.
½ December 4, 2016
While it hits a few bumps on the road to PG-13 territory, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - rather unsurprisingly the highest grossing film of 2005 - still boasts more mature performances from its young cast of teens, amazing special effects, a few funny moments here & there and a thrilling electrifying climax which introduces Ralph Fiennes in one of his most famous roles to date. The end result is ultimately one of the most thrilling Harry Potter films to date which even boasts complexity in terms of storytelling.
December 3, 2016
well... i liked, it's a good movie and the first appear of Voldemort was great but i liked more the last one
½ December 3, 2016
My kids really like the Harry Potter series, books and movies.

I like them too, up to a point. It's a creative and interesting universe.

This brings book one of the series to life very well, although it wasn't exactly as I had imagined it, pretty close.
½ December 1, 2016
My favourite entry (so far) in the Harry Potter Series, The Goblet Of Fire has an emotional weight not quite reached in the previous 3 movies. The actors have really come into their own, and seem very comfortable with their roles. Radcliffe takes on the part of an angsty teen with realism and believability, showing us that, despite being a much-admired wizard, he has no magic to fight off the horrors of puberty. Burgeoning adolescence is an underlying theme here, and it's explored so effectively and with such heart that I actually found myself feeling deeply for the characters, particularly in regards to the romance between Ron and Hermione, which contains undoubtedly the most moving scene. The effects are still spectacular, the action scenes are tense and engaging, and while the supporting characters don't have a lot to do, the focus is maintained where it needs to be. It might go on a bit long, and the climax is somewhat disappointing, but it brings a greater depth and seriousness, while managing to be funnier than even. That's quite an achievement, and the film pulls it off with style.
November 23, 2016
I remember loving this movie!
November 21, 2016
I think the action picks up a bit more compare to the 3rd film. It is 4th year of wizard school. Daniel Radcliffe dream of Voldermort and his minions. When the family and friends attend a national Quidditch tournament, Death Eaters came and Daniel saw the guy (David Tennant) who appear in his dream. Brendan Gleeson is the new defense against the dark arts teacher. This year the school held the Tri-Wizard Tournament and under 17 years old cannot participate because it is dangerous. Robert Pattinson is chosen to represent Hogwarts. Stanislav Ianevski from another school and he is also a German national team Quidditch seeker. Clémence Poésy is another from the girls school of France. Daniel's name is chosen as the 4th contestant, to the dismay of Rupert Grint mostly and many speculate he cheated in order to join. The council head decide to let him join although he is underage. Then there is the ballroom dance which Emma Watson go with Stanislav. Daniel want to invite Katie Leung but she agree to Robert. So it was disastrous for both Daniel and Ron. The first contest Daniel luckily outwit the Dragon and got the egg for the next clue. But Robbie Coltrane warn him beforehand. Unable to decipher the egg clue, Robert tell Daniel to take a bath and Daniel submerge it underwater and hear the clue. Matthew Lewis got hold of a herb to let Daniel breathe underwater. Clémence is defeated by the sea creatures. Daniel want to save 2 "hostage" but the creatures only allow one. He save 2 and himself attacked, uses magic to propel back on land.
Stanislav save Emma and Robert save Katie. Clémence thank Daniel and Ron for saving her sister. While in the woods, Daniel saw the corpse of the council head. The last contest is to grab the winners cup in the maze. All are defeated except Daniel. He reluctantly save Robert from being grab by the branches and together they hold the cup but whisk to a cemetery. Timothy Spall resurrect Voldermort (Ralph Fiennes) and kill Robert who is in the way. Turns out Jason Isaacs is also one of his followers. Ralph is gonna kill Daniel when their powers clash, his parents and Robert appear to hold Ralph distract to let Daniel grab the corpse and cup to the victory venue. Brendan bring Daniel to his room and he blurted out details which Daniel never mention. Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman rush in and reveal the chest hold the jailed and real Brendan. The fake is David all along using disguise potion. He is the one who make Daniel been chosen and win the tournament to let Voldermort revive because it need his blood. Michael decide to tell the school who kill Robert and they go for summer break..
½ November 19, 2016
Much like with its predecessor, the film here definitely goes in a different direction in regards to its themes and sense of maturity and colour. But that's not to say that this is a bad thing, especially for this film specifically. While the plot still feels rushed, the pacing is much better than that of its predecessor. The characters still aren't as likeable, but they do have more moments that make them shine, and the action is still pretty intense. A good film overall.
November 18, 2016
After the massive critical success of "Prisoner of Azkaban" but its underwhelming box office numbers and Cuarón leaving the directing chair, the fourth book of the franchise was the perfect one for this time as its actiony story was what Warner needed to get more money.

Returning for his fourth year of learning magic, Harry finds himself in the middle of a magical tradition due to some mysterious circumstances, this tradition being the Triwizard Cup, a competition between magical institutions.

You know, reviewing 8 films from the same franchise is tiresome as each film goes by it is harder to mention something new, but still the fourth Potter adventure has some new elements that need to by mentioned, for better or worse. "Goblet of Fire" has some exciting action sequences that are among the best of the series, some set pieces are quite interesting visually, it finally introduces the main villain of the saga (which is quite crazy when you considered that the main threat arrives at part 4 of your 8 part saga, sure he is mentioned in all of them and has a cameo in "Philosopher's Stone" and a somewhat appearance in "Chamber of Secrets"), the special effects continue to impress, Newell proves to be a versatile director as combines genres in a variety scenes pretty seamlessly, and it is possibly the most fun film to watch out of the 8, due to its action oriented story. But this film has bigger problems than his three predecessors. The characters are quite forgettable (only Mad Eye Moddy stands out but only due to its costume), the pacing issue returns which is not surprising for a rushed film, it attempts to replicate Cuarón's balance of whimsical and dark but it just fails in the whimsical side, the plot holes are magnified, and the story is the most meaningless for the rest of the saga, I mean the whole story isn't necessary and will never be mentioned again as the point of this film is its ending, but the road to get there feels disconnected.

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" is the most action oriented film of the saga and the turning point from whimsical to dark territory for the rest of the franchise. It may not be the most well written film of the saga nor the smartest or even the most memorable, but it is undeniably the most exciting of the bunch and arguably the most rewatchable. A highly entertaining blockbuster that solidly ends the first half of the saga.