Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Reviews

Page 1 of 2016
February 16, 2019
This is such an iconic movie and goes so well with the book.
February 15, 2019
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Chris Columbus, who is the director of the movie, has created an incredible and magical adaptation about the record breaking best-selling novel by J.K. Rowling. Is an action, adventure, sci-fi and fantasy movie.
Despite the fact that the movie has a long length i enjoyed every second of it, this film has an amazing scenery and a lot of magical creatures, it is extremely entertainment, is a masterpiece. In addition, this film involves me in the story, i feel like i was in the movie, it has a lot of drama and is a super original story.
Other think i liked most is the cast, Daniel Radcliffe who plays as Harry Potter, have an incredible role in the movie, he´s the best person for that character. Another actress i´d like the most was Emma Watson, who is hermione in the movie, is the best model about an excellent student and a really good friend, despite that she is very young in the movie she acts incredible, he is too talented.
To sum up, i don´t know why i have not seen it before, for me is a five star movie, is my best fantasy adventure movie, it has amazing special effects and a lot of magic, everyone should watch it.
February 14, 2019
Some of the source material is altered or changed, but Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is still a magical start to the Harry Potter film series that always finds a way to consistently excite despite not always handling its world-building properly.
February 13, 2019
Welcome to a World of Magic and Mystery and More Magic and flying brooms the enemy that has no nose and this family action magic adventure movie will change your life of magic and the rest of the other movies
February 1, 2019
The best movie score ever composed!
½ January 31, 2019
THE SJW ADVENTURE BEGINS with obvious plagiarism and not one original idea. Do your family a favour and watch the Secret Garden instead.
January 30, 2019
love this movie i would definitely recomend watching
½ January 29, 2019
My favourite of the Harry Potter films. The kids can't act for love nor money at this stage, but a great starting chapter.
½ January 26, 2019
The film makes you wish the Wizarding World is real, but feels really expositional.
January 25, 2019
I watched this in VR and it was nice.
January 15, 2019
The best film adaptation of the Harry Potter books. This film has it all, well crafted storytelling, childhood wonder, and a proper Dumbledore.
January 13, 2019
Sweet but ultimately children's film.
January 10, 2019
A very good start to an amazing franchise. This feels like a set up movie, especially in the slow paced first act and a rather weak sub-villain, however It eventually gets going.
½ January 9, 2019
perfect start of a series, it introduces all the important characters and great actors!
January 6, 2019
Just re-watched and I have to say its not a good as I remember. The effects have not aged well at all and the acting was not particularly good. Story wise it is still fine.
January 5, 2019
best in the series
96%
January 3, 2019
The film doesn't really do a good job in terms of storytelling, it's more of an illustration of the book. If you watch it for the visuals (or maybe even just to answer the "How would they do that in the film?" and "Which renonwed English actor have they chosen for this or that role?" questions) it's indeed very enjoyable.
December 31, 2018
I had so much fin watching this franchise I bought reproductions of all there wands!
½ December 30, 2018
Brilliant film which introduces you to the magic of the Harry Potter franchise. Suffers from some weak performances from Radcliffe and co but this does not ruin the film.
½ December 30, 2018
This is my 7th favorite Harry Potter movie. The performances from the cast were stupendous especially Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Robbie Coltrane, Alan Rickman, Richard Griffiths, Fiona Shaw, Maggie Smith, and Ian Hart and the voice over performance from Leslie Phillips as the Sorting Hat was great. The visual effects were gorgeously done especially during the Quidditch game and the three-headed dog fluffy. The scenery and sets were well done and really cool looking. The writing, story and screenplay were fantastically done. All of the costumes were very nice. The filming of the movie was great. Also the film score was amazing.
Page 1 of 2016