Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Reviews

• 5d ago

Still a treat. Radcliffe and company are all kids, but cute kids! The story runs along nicely, and the adults compliment the kids well.

• Jul 13, 2019

I love the harry potter series

I love the harry potter series

• Jul 12, 2019

Perfectly cast, with an amazing set design, the first film in the Harry Potter franchise opens the series with a wonderful start. Every actor plays their role perfectly, and we love every character from the very start. John Williams's score, as to be expected from him, is also perfect in every way. This faithful adaptation of the beloved novel began this series wonderfully.

• Jul 10, 2019

Funny, Entertaining.

Funny, Entertaining.

• Jul 09, 2019

A timeless feel good story.

A timeless feel good story.

• Jul 08, 2019

I hope you get your owls to send your invitation to Hogwarts, because we're about to look at J.K. Rowling's fantasy world come to life at the movies.. by going through a ton of set-ups.

• Jul 07, 2019

A fabulous start to an amazing series.

A fabulous start to an amazing series.

• Jun 28, 2019

The dazzling world of Harry Potter makes its first entry to the big screen with the Sorcerer's Stone. This movie allowed me to truly envision the popular universe created by J.K. Rowling. While this movie was fascinating to watch with the unique setups, it's not a perfect movie. Because of the lengthy and well-developed narrative in Rowling's novel, director Chris Colombus had to minimize the hours of storytelling and thoroughly developed work into a two and a half hour film. It is upsetting that many aspects I loved to read about in the book were not included, or shallowly touched, but we can't have a 12-hour movie, can we? The special effects strewn throughout were fun and creative, especially the quidditch matches! The well popular book series for all ages provides a strong first step as it tries to create the first film.

• Jun 21, 2019

Would have gotten 5 if Hermione and Harry smashed

Would have gotten 5 if Hermione and Harry smashed

• Jun 20, 2019

The Philosopher's Stone is a great film.

The Philosopher's Stone is a great film.