Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Page 1 of 2007
½ January 22, 2017
a fantasy classic better then I remember. Full of wonder
January 17, 2017
If you've read the book, it's not that great.
January 17, 2017
It's certainly not in league with most of the rest of the saga films that follow; but the one job that The Sorcerer's Stone had was to lay a strong foundation on which to build a franchise, and what a solid foundation it layed.
January 7, 2017
In my opinion, one of the worst Harry potters but it adds much to the story.
January 7, 2017
A decent introduction to the series. other movies have been trying to copy it since.
½ January 3, 2017
Not the best harry movie but a must watch!
January 3, 2017
I really enjoy this movie. It is fun to be introduced to the wizarding world. The tone is pretty light and upbeat. The story is interesting to follow but more importantly makes a good introduction for the rest of the series. Hermione is more annoying in this movie than I remembered. The special effects are still pretty good and fun to watch.
½ January 3, 2017
A start to many more...the books are better...the movie helps you visualize
January 1, 2017
Magical opening to the world of Harry Potter, the casting of Daniel Radcliffe seems spot on to me
December 29, 2016
Adapta eficazmente la magia de Hogwarts y su mundo ficticio sin llegar a empalagar, mientras que los personajes tienen suficiente personalidad para asegurar que no llegue a ser cursi. Proveyó una emblemática melodía para el resto de la saga y es bien divertida (no siempre intencionalmente me parece). 6/10
December 22, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: The first Harry Potter film was a success because, like most good franchise starters, it set up a world and a group of characters extremely well. This is not only thanks to the source material, but also the film's faithfulness to it, and the cast that backs it all up.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Also like most franchise starters, it fails rather dramatically in some story departments. Instead of a compelling sequence of events, we're left with a group of magical obstacle courses where the stakes seem somewhat forced and the reasoning is weak - even for my small brain.
VERDICT: It was a good start, but the franchise hadn't really got going yet at this point.
December 20, 2016
Great beginning to an outstanding set of movies
½ December 19, 2016
I like that they wear the school uniform they don't look like muggles and they are more to the books
½ December 11, 2016
A fun introduction into the world of Harry Potter.
December 10, 2016
Harry Potter Philosopher's Stone now get it right
December 6, 2016
Good start, it feels magical and it gives me a lot of nostalgia.
December 4, 2016
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone serves as an amazing first entry to the film series that led Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson into stardom. And it's all thanks to beautiful visuals, amazing special effects,a talented cast, a good director and a great mix of fantasy, thrills, drama and humour. No surprise that this movie went on to become the highest-grossing film of 2001. Thumbs up all around.
December 3, 2016
i love Harry Potter and the beggin of this history is just awesome!!
½ December 3, 2016
While it may have had several inconsistencies (Hermione not knowing Nicholas Flamel, the children attempting to blame Snape at first for no real reason other than because Harry thought so, Quidditch as an actual sport being inherently flawed, and a few others I'd rather not go on about to keep the review short) and the acting could have been a little better, this movie shines with brilliance in developing a fantastic world, a downright perfect score, and an interesting story. While I mentioned the acting wasn't great, the fact is many of the main cast is comprised of children who acted very well considering the fact, even if it wasn't great by regular acting standards. This is a great movie and I would recommend it to anyone.
November 28, 2016