Home Alone 2: Lost in New York - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York Reviews

½ May 20, 2017
Not as good as the first. "Home Alone 2" is a tired retread of the original "Home Alone" movie, and it get's old fast. Only watch if you're bored.
May 1, 2017
Kevin is back but in New York! Are we missing any thing yes, Kevin!!!!!
March 12, 2017
Same formula as precedent which this film is boring.
½ February 26, 2017
This is another shock to me, that it doesnt have at least 80% rating!
This movie was just as good as the Original. Greatness!
February 5, 2017
I Totally Forgot About This Movie Yeah It Was Kind of Okay ?? I Loved the New York Idea That Was a pretty good Idea Making a Sequel Was probably a good idea!
January 31, 2017
The kid thought the guy was his dad, travels to New York, and gets a fancy hotel, the robbers come back, the problem is the coincidences. All in all, still a good movie.
January 30, 2017
The biggest sin a sequel can commit, asides just being bad, is being a complete retread of the first. Home Alone 2 occupies a strange place in sequel history. Objectively, it is beat for beat the same as the first but with a change in local. Yet strangely, it has a certain charm to it that prevents me from being too hard on it. I can't tell you if it is the performances, the flavor of change in location, or what but it still holds a very special place in my heart. Objectively it makes no sense, but film is art, and art is often of ever objective. Make what you will of that.
January 20, 2017
Underrated with funny moments and great characters in it in my opinion.
January 12, 2017
It has some moments and very nice shots of New York, but this is such a cash in of the first one. (I think even the people making it admitted this).
January 8, 2017
Quite fun and joyful, one of the best movies to watch during the holiday season. Culkin's charm is undeniable. If you remove the iconic and quite interesting moments from the movie, with all the traps and stuff, nothing important stays in the core as a message. Still its charm is undeniable while it's pretty close to the first movie.
½ January 7, 2017
A step by step recreation of the original movie in a different scenery.
½ December 26, 2016
Despite a largely rehashed story and a cameo of Donald Trump, the movie packs enough laughs to make itself a decent sequel to a highly enjoyable holiday classic.
December 24, 2016
As funny and entertaining as the first!
December 24, 2016
A sequel that is just as funny and warm hearted as the original..........,,¢,,,¦,,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦......?...
December 23, 2016
better than the the first movie
December 23, 2016
Much of it shamelessly copies the original's beats and is coated in smugness, but it's still pretty funny and Culkin, Pesci, and Stern keep it going at their best.
December 21, 2016
I actually cannot believe the attacks on this film on here. Those that are criticising this film are totally missing the point or choosing to ignore it perhaps. The film is slapstick, it is dumbed down and may not register at all on the intellectual plains around which the minds of the overly analytical experts on here seem to gravitate but it's purely escapism,. It's unrealistic and silly but it's also amusing and, at times, heartwarming. It's right in tune with the time of year at which it has been set. Personally, it's a must-see event every Xmas. I think only a joyless, miserable and soulless cynic could pour scorn on this movie. Maybe that's harsh on the opinion of others but if people watch it and take it in the spirit it is intended rather than trying to over intellectualize it, I fail to see his it cannot be enjoyed to at least some degree.
December 16, 2016
November 26th 2010
December 1st 2013
December 15th 2016
½ December 14, 2016
This is one of those very strange films that somehow manages to be even more entertaining than its predecessor, and yet is nothing more than an exact copy of said predecessor. I honestly don't know what it is, but for some reason this movie comes off as being less memorable, yet more of a delight to watch.
December 14, 2016
Unlike many people I find Home Alone 2 to be a great movie. Yes it is a retread of the first one, but it helps by changing the location to one of the biggest cities in the world, which factors the outcome. Macaulay Culkin, Daniel Stern and Joe Pesci are still funny in the film. The comedy is still great and the cinematography is better than the first. Just a great looking film. It also has heartfelt moments like the original. The standout is definitely Tim Curry. And today it is kind of odd to see Donald Trump's cameo.