Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! Reviews

August 24, 2017
This movie is all about a elephant named Horton, who believes that there is a world in a tiny speck. He tries to find a safe place for it to be at, undisturbed. But a kangaroo and her teams try to stop him.

This movie is good with a message: A person is a person , no matter how small.

If all else fails, and Horton kills the world, he can always twerk in front of the screen. (one of the controversial jokes)

He CAN twerk. I enjoy his fat butt.

Besides those, its a great movie for kids.
August 20, 2017
I remember really liking this movie when I saw it as a kid.
August 9, 2017
Closely mirroring the beloved classic book, Horton Hears A Who! is a well-cast, well-animated comedy and also manages to sneak some important life messages in along the way.
August 2, 2017
Funny, entertaining, creative story and original characters on a very colourful animated set, made this movie a good experience to see!
½ May 27, 2017
Nicely animated and faithful to the original, this is the one Dr. Seuss adaptation that you shouldn't skip.
Story:7|10
Visuals:10|10
Characters:4|10
Overall:7|10.
½ May 15, 2017
090403 & 120208: Except for a couple scenes, and you'll know which ones I mean, this is another film that borders on four stars. Almost as much fun as the books. The Lorax is coming soon. So excited.
April 12, 2017
This movie is clearly the best animated film to be made , because of not only the amazing whit and talent of the writing team, but the amazing story telling of Dr suess. At the end of the day this is a timeless classic story, that should be past from generation to generation.
February 19, 2017
This is a remake that is good because it does not try to be anything good.
½ February 13, 2017
Dr Seuss' work are a staple of childhood, but sadly I don't think any of the feature film adaptations are entirely doing his books great justice. Though out of all the feature films, this probably is the best.
½ February 9, 2017
I haven't read many Dr. Seuss books as a child. The ones I had, which were The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, Green Eggs and Ham, and The Foot Book, were hand-me-downs. So when this film came out, I was pretty excited. I knew about the story and the characters because I watched the old cartoon, and even though I didn't read the book, I realized that this was the only Dr. Seuss film to capture the spirit of the source material. It's animation is bright and colorful, the message is well established, and I'm always left with a great feeling when the film concludes. I like Horton's determination and kindness, as well as the Mayor's. Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell do good voice acting jobs. Seth Rogan and Vin Diesel were funny additions. Speaking of humor, the film does have lots of funny moments. The dramatic moments are also done pretty well. I just really enjoy this film. It has a couple of problems though. While I do think the film is funny, I think it relied too much on pop cultural references to make it humorous. The anime scene had me dying, but at the same time it felt forced, and the references slightly suck out the whimsical tone of the story. I also kind of thought the villain was a little too serious. She kicked a child like a football for God's sake, leading to another pop cultural reference. The dialogue is little dumb at times too, and some of the jokes were a little inappropriate for a Dr. Seuss film. Other than that, I like this film. It's hard to make a Dr. Seuss film work, and I'm glad they pulled it off. Horton Hears a Who is a cute, delightful little treat.
½ January 8, 2017
i hated it in school
January 2, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
½ December 23, 2016
despite its weird name it's #1 at the box office for 2 weeks now, I'd watch it.
December 21, 2016
Great animated movie come from the mind and story of Dr suess starring the voices of Jim Carey and Steve carrell. I like the storys of horton and Dr Seuss's books like when he lays an egg and of course the speck. The adventure of him and the people of whoville on the speck. The story is slow at times but along the way it picks up speed. Jojos character could have a lot of potential but he only had the spotlight for 8 minutes. I like the feel good attitude of the ending and just makes feel good inside and hortons character is just so funny and Jim Carey just makes it good, he was born, well not born but he suprised me as how good of horton he is.
December 15, 2016
Okay, admittedly, I thought that this movie was going like all of the other big budget Dr. Seuss movie adaptations (The Grinch, The Cat in the Hat [2003] and The Lorax [2012]) because of how those movies completely missed the point of why people kept coming back to their original source materials, respectively. But, I've started to watch this one and.....I was shocked to find out that this movie is absolute 100% faithful to its' original source material!!!! Yeah, a big-budget Dr. Seuss movie that actually understood, appreciated and respected its' original source material?! Could this really be heaven?! But, like most movie adaptations, it's not always perfect. But, I will say that this without a doubt the best Dr. Seuss movie adaptation that we've gotten so far and I actually am glad that the production crew, the studios, and the cast put in a lot of effort into making this movie. So yeah, this movie is definitely worth a watch, if you're a huge fan or an average fan of Dr. Seuss.
½ November 8, 2016
A cute, light-hearted and gentle family movie that is perhaps the most faithful adaptation of a Dr. Seuss book.
½ October 8, 2016
Solid, but not spectacular. The ending is pretty awesome.
August 28, 2016
Best Dr. Seuss Adaptation Ever
½ August 27, 2016
Although most Dr Seuss movies aren't as good as the books or the tv specials,this is the rare exception where it's true to the source material and adds the spices of improvements that were a bit unexpected and unnecessary but still a great movie. Although the thing I hate of ALL Dr Seuss movies is modernizing it by adding pop culture references,adult jokes,etc. But this and the animated version will have a place in my heart.
August 27, 2016
Es bonita y me rei que jode