Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! Reviews

½ March 12, 2017
Nicely animated, kinda funny at times, and faithful to the original, this is the one Dr. Seuss adaptation that you shouldn't skip.
February 19, 2017
This is a remake that is good because it does not try to be anything good.
½ February 13, 2017
Dr Seuss' work are a staple of childhood, but sadly I don't think any of the feature film adaptations are entirely doing his books great justice. Though out of all the feature films, this probably is the best.
½ February 9, 2017
I haven't read many Dr. Seuss books as a child. The ones I had, which were The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, Green Eggs and Ham, and The Foot Book, were hand-me-downs. So when this film came out, I was pretty excited. I knew about the story and the characters because I watched the old cartoon, and even though I didn't read the book, I realized that this was the only Dr. Seuss film to capture the spirit of the source material. It's animation is bright and colorful, the message is well established, and I'm always left with a great feeling when the film concludes. I like Horton's determination and kindness, as well as the Mayor's. Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell do good voice acting jobs. Seth Rogan and Vin Diesel were funny additions. Speaking of humor, the film does have lots of funny moments. The dramatic moments are also done pretty well. I just really enjoy this film. It has a couple of problems though. While I do think the film is funny, I think it relied too much on pop cultural references to make it humorous. The anime scene had me dying, but at the same time it felt forced, and the references slightly suck out the whimsical tone of the story. I also kind of thought the villain was a little too serious. She kicked a child like a football for God's sake, leading to another pop cultural reference. The dialogue is little dumb at times too, and some of the jokes were a little inappropriate for a Dr. Seuss film. Other than that, I like this film. It's hard to make a Dr. Seuss film work, and I'm glad they pulled it off. Horton Hears a Who is a cute, delightful little treat.
½ January 8, 2017
i hated it in school
January 2, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
½ December 23, 2016
despite its weird name it's #1 at the box office for 2 weeks now, I'd watch it.
December 21, 2016
Great animated movie come from the mind and story of Dr suess starring the voices of Jim Carey and Steve carrell. I like the storys of horton and Dr Seuss's books like when he lays an egg and of course the speck. The adventure of him and the people of whoville on the speck. The story is slow at times but along the way it picks up speed. Jojos character could have a lot of potential but he only had the spotlight for 8 minutes. I like the feel good attitude of the ending and just makes feel good inside and hortons character is just so funny and Jim Carey just makes it good, he was born, well not born but he suprised me as how good of horton he is.
December 15, 2016
Okay, admittedly, I thought that this movie was going like all of the other big budget Dr. Seuss movie adaptations (The Grinch, The Cat in the Hat [2003] and The Lorax [2012]) because of how those movies completely missed the point of why people kept coming back to their original source materials, respectively. But, I've started to watch this one and.....I was shocked to find out that this movie is absolute 100% faithful to its' original source material!!!! Yeah, a big-budget Dr. Seuss movie that actually understood, appreciated and respected its' original source material?! Could this really be heaven?! But, like most movie adaptations, it's not always perfect. But, I will say that this without a doubt the best Dr. Seuss movie adaptation that we've gotten so far and I actually am glad that the production crew, the studios, and the cast put in a lot of effort into making this movie. So yeah, this movie is definitely worth a watch, if you're a huge fan or an average fan of Dr. Seuss.
½ November 8, 2016
A cute, light-hearted and gentle family movie that is perhaps the most faithful adaptation of a Dr. Seuss book.
½ October 8, 2016
Solid, but not spectacular. The ending is pretty awesome.
August 28, 2016
Best Dr. Seuss Adaptation Ever
½ August 27, 2016
Although most Dr Seuss movies aren't as good as the books or the tv specials,this is the rare exception where it's true to the source material and adds the spices of improvements that were a bit unexpected and unnecessary but still a great movie. Although the thing I hate of ALL Dr Seuss movies is modernizing it by adding pop culture references,adult jokes,etc. But this and the animated version will have a place in my heart.
August 27, 2016
Es bonita y me rei que jode
jamrcla
July 25, 2016
Great animation, Please don't spoil it by doing a sequel, Really funny in places and kids will love it, Worth a watch.
½ July 8, 2016
Funny, heartwarming and beautifully animated, Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears A Who! is an undeniably enjoyable treat for all audiences and features an outstanding and talented voice-lending cast lead by the sharply comedic talents of Jim Carrey and Steve Carell.
½ July 8, 2016
What if I told you that there was a good Dr. Seuss film adaptation? You would probably be confused because The Grinch was meh and The Cat in the Hat was an absolute insult to the original source material. But with Audrey Geisel involved with Blue Sky's Crew, they managed to make Horton Hears a Who not only a faithful adaptation, but also, a great film. While the pop culture references are VERY out of place, and the plot is pretty predictable, it doesn't stop the movie from having wonderful animation, fantastic characters, top notch voice acting, mostly great humor, and an engaging story with a good heart. If you're one of those people who say it's bad because it's a Dr Seuss film, please give this film a chance because it truly is something special. Kids will adore this movie, and adults will love it too. Check it out. You won't regret it.
June 28, 2016
Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! is fantastic and hilarious. This movie relates so much to the book. This movie also has some special voice talents including Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell. I would suggest this movie.
June 27, 2016
As someone who grew up with Dr. Seuss I love when it's done right.
June 10, 2016
It isn't anything that hasn't been seen before, but HORTON HEARS A WHO manages not to drown it's original Seuss message in pop culture references or Jim Carrey. Steve Carrell is an admittedly likable lead.