Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! Reviews

August 28, 2016
Best Dr. Seuss Adaptation Ever
½ August 27, 2016
Although most Dr Seuss movies aren't as good as the books or the tv specials,this is the rare exception where it's true to the source material and adds the spices of improvements that were a bit unexpected and unnecessary but still a great movie. Although the thing I hate of ALL Dr Seuss movies is modernizing it by adding pop culture references,adult jokes,etc. But this and the animated version will have a place in my heart.
August 27, 2016
Es bonita y me rei que jode
½ July 31, 2016
I haven't read many Dr. Seuss books as a child. The ones I had, which were The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, Green Eggs and Ham, and The Foot Book, were hand-me-downs. So when this film came out, I was pretty excited. I knew about the story and the characters because I watched the old cartoon, and even though I didn't read the book, I realized that this was the only Dr. Seuss film to capture the spirit of the source material. It's animation is bright and colorful, the message is well established, and I'm always left with a great feeling when the film concludes. I like Horton's determination and kindness, as well as the Mayor's. Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell do good voice acting jobs. Seth Rogan and Vin Diesel were funny additions. Speaking of humor, the film does have lots of funny moments. The dramatic moments are also done pretty well. I just really enjoy this film. It has a couple of problems though. While I do think the film is funny, I think it relied too much on pop cultural references to make it humorous. The anime scene had me dying, but at the same time I thought it was really silly, and the references slightly suck out the whimsical tone of the story. I also kind of thought the villain was a little too serious. She kicked a child like a football for God's sake, leading to another pop cultural reference. The dialogue is little dumb at times too, and some of the jokes were a little inappropriate for a Dr. Seuss film. Other than that, I like this film. It's hard to make a Dr. Seuss film work, and I'm glad they pulled it off. Horton Hears a Who is a cute, delightful little treat.
July 25, 2016
Great animation, Please don't spoil it by doing a sequel, Really funny in places and kids will love it, Worth a watch.
½ July 8, 2016
Funny, heartwarming and beautifully animated, Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears A Who! is an undeniably enjoyable treat for all audiences and features an outstanding and talented voice-lending cast lead by the sharply comedic talents of Jim Carrey and Steve Carell.
½ July 8, 2016
What if I told you that there was a good Dr. Seuss film adaptation? You would probably be confused because The Grinch was meh and The Cat in the Hat was an absolute insult to the original source material. But with Audrey Geisel involved with Blue Sky's Crew, they managed to make Horton Hears a Who not only a faithful adaptation, but also, a great film. While the pop culture references are VERY out of place, and the plot is pretty predictable, it doesn't stop the movie from having wonderful animation, fantastic characters, top notch voice acting, mostly great humor, and an engaging story with a good heart. If you're one of those people who say it's bad because it's a Dr Seuss film, please give this film a chance because it truly is something special. Kids will adore this movie, and adults will love it too. Check it out. You won't regret it.
June 28, 2016
Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! is fantastic and hilarious. This movie relates so much to the book. This movie also has some special voice talents including Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell. I would suggest this movie.
June 27, 2016
As someone who grew up with Dr. Seuss I love when it's done right.
June 10, 2016
It isn't anything that hasn't been seen before, but HORTON HEARS A WHO manages not to drown it's original Seuss message in pop culture references or Jim Carrey. Steve Carrell is an admittedly likable lead.
May 27, 2016
Horton Hears A Who, is definitely worth a watch, it shows evidence of a great film in both it's story as well as visually.
May 17, 2016
It's in the DVD player right now ...
May 16, 2016
I think Seuss books are more for American kids really, I never really got into them as a child and they don't really feature in our house. As a result, I had no preconceptions really sitting down to watch this with my son. The first half struggles, it's so off-beat and wacky that you're a bit lost and a bit bored. My son was fidgeting a lot and only sporadically gained interest. In the second half it really starts to find it's stride, the peril of the Who's on the speck and Horton's struggles with collapsing bridges etc start to take your interest. It's not quite enough, but it does rally at least towards a touching conclusion.
April 3, 2016
Despite that awful scene referencing Horton anime, this movie does have a likable charm to it. I'm not saying this is a perfect representation of Dr. Suess, as in there are still some pop-culture references, but I think the spirit of this film is in the right place.
½ April 2, 2016
i remember watching this for like 5 years ago. its fucking terrible
i had to watch this at school btw
March 23, 2016
Great book that they turned into a good movie! Bright colors, great for all ages
½ March 12, 2016
Like it for it's voice acting and animation
February 26, 2016
Such a great, funny movie. I had like no problems with it whatsoever. Very unique story, very funny and had awesome animation and a great cast and characters as well. Horton and The Mayor were hilarious, as well as Vlad and Katie, the weird yellow guinea pig thing. It also has a great message as well and makes you think outside the box a little bit.
½ January 15, 2016
Dr. Seuss movie adaptations really get under my skin! But this one stayed really true to its source material. Yes there are some stupid moments but it's not enough to call this a bad animated movie. The colors and visuals really capture the world of Dr Seuss and the character design is good too. It's fun for the whole family! But whatever you do, do not watch the others!