Ip Man: The Final Fight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ip Man: The Final Fight Reviews

½ March 26, 2017
The other 3 are way way better. The Yip Man was way way way better
December 16, 2016
I loved this ip man movie
August 8, 2016
Didn't follow from #3. 1950 his son is in college. His wife past away in 1960 . That was in Ip Man 3. Did he have more than one son or did someone make a mistake ? Not keeping me interested.
½ July 24, 2016
160724: Though I really appreciate Donnie Yen's Ip Man, it seems I appreciate the non-Yen films, like this one and The Legend is Born, more. This was a good story, a decent film. Not much else to say.
February 26, 2016
An obviously exaggerated final installment of the Grand Master's life the film still packs more than enough genuine moments of drama and excitement to excel.
½ November 18, 2015
Lovely biopic of a great story!
October 12, 2015
A strange yet interesting film. More thoughtful than many martial arts flicks, and not so flamboyant. This seems to be as much a soliloquy on aging and life as it is a kung fu showcase. I can see how this can easily be underrated, even if it is not quite a great martial arts film.
August 28, 2015
It's a little meandering, but I think that's because it's based on a true story. The cinematography is gorgeous, the acting is good, and the martial arts is great.
½ July 7, 2015
For the record, it is not a sequel to Donnie Yen's 'Ip Man' duology. This movie tells the story of grandmaster's last few years of life especially his personal life problems. Where he stayed alone in a rented rooftop house teaching martial arts to the young generation. Actually it won't tell anything about Bruce Lee-Ip Man's relationship. I kinda expected that and got disappointed. This story was mainly narrated by Ip Chun's perspective about his father. That he struggled his new livelihood in Hong Kong who was apart from his wife. As usual good in making friends who visited him often. After his wife's death his son joins him who witnesses a local singer who had affair with his father but that he resisted it. More likely a fine sentimental drama with the couple of fights now and then.
½ July 1, 2015
is so slow movie to star to the end is good so is ok make more action to slow
June 8, 2015
INCREDIBLE FILM, I loved this movie, a touching story of an amazing man!!!
April 6, 2015
Good Movie, although its the poorest of the 3, it reminds us the we are mortal.
Nothing is permanent

3 Stars
March 7, 2015
Good Movie, although its the poorest of the 3, it reminds us the we are mortal.
Nothing is permanent

3 Stars
½ January 7, 2015
Not as good as the Donnie Yen movies, but was still a good watch.
½ January 2, 2015
This film had some great moments but the mishandling of his romantic life and the conflict with his students, particularly the females, stained it. I love how the students, the females, seemed to be in some form of jealousy and I was disappointed at the glossing over by saying she disappeared from his life. It just puts a brake on the whole thing.
December 19, 2014
This is not the final part of the Donnie Yen/Wilson Yip 'Ip Man' films, but rather a re-telling of Master Yip's life. Anthony Wong is fine as Ip Man, but not as charming as Yen, and the support cast is fine. The major issue is it's too focused on his personal life and the romance/drama - to the detriment of the actual kung fu/Wing Chun! Definitely needed more fight scenes and action. OK, just not great.