Jobs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jobs Reviews

½ July 18, 2017
While it is overly sentimental, this film is actually great in my opinion, despite what others may say.
½ July 9, 2017
Kutcher captures Jobs' mannerisms quite well and has even been recognized by Woz for that aspect of his acting. None of the content is really new and can be quickly read up online, but some of the points are inspiring for any entrepreneurs, innovators, or people simply looking to be active thinker in their lives. I personally enjoyed Kutcher's depiction of Jobs and his dedication to getting it accurate was very apparent in the film. He unfairly gets discredited for his previous roles, but he's much more intelligent than the average person than he gets credit for and he has actually been a successful contributor to the Silicon Valley tech scene.
½ May 4, 2017
I think Ashton Kutcher nailed the whole look and mannerisms of Steve Jobs, including that frumpy walk he did, however thats pretty much the only positive thing I can give this movie. I appreciate it' being ambitious but there are many things about the life of Steve Jobs that were left out, and there are many many scenes in this movie that could have been done a lot better.
April 28, 2017
Decent biopic. It's a good companion piece to the other (apparently better) Steve Jobs movie. Fleshes out other details I was more interested in at the start of his rise. It's a little scattershot to be a great biopic, but Kutcher and the rest of the cast do good jobs in their roles.
½ April 25, 2017
It worked for me, as a normal enjoyable film. I really like some of the moments they had captured. Maybe i get why the rating's down, i do. But maybe the Steve they have was way too interesting for me to mind those flaws they had pointed out.
½ February 12, 2017
Informative, but was there much else?
January 31, 2017
I thought it was awful. Every scene was overly dramatic, people chewing the scenery, and something about a little kid tryna go to school but she keeps jawing with Jobs. Then he walks up on the roof and tries to explain life to her while being interrupted every 2 seconds with some emergency about a square computer that is one micron thicker on one side or some such nonsense. I gave it One Star. I thought it was going to be a documentary but like I said, just way to over dramatic and too lengthy concerning one day (?) in Jobs life, can't recall.
January 30, 2017
A good film well intended film, however it should have focused more on Steve Jobs personal life after all he was a very personal and enigmatic individual. However considering the pacing of the film which was it's major let down I would suggest that this is a great film for those who looked up to Jobs and/or have Netflix. Otherwise go and take the time to go and look into the amazing life of this one individual who took part in one of the most amazing technological revolution to crossover three generations (I am including Millennials other wise it would be two).
½ January 10, 2017
I like this movie better than Steve Jobs. I recommend it.
December 30, 2016
Ashton Kutcher is not the actor for iconic character
½ December 30, 2016
A GOOD STORY , WAS A LITTLE SLOW IN GETTING ME TO CARE ABOUT THE MAN
December 25, 2016
It's solidly cast and practically convincing, but the plot-holed script takes every chance it can get to portray Steve Jobs as a tyranical jerk, and somehow show that off as an inspirational drive more his entrepreneurial vision.
December 25, 2016
Liked the movie! Shows Jobs history with Apple and shows how he has shaped the past so we could have a better future.
½ December 8, 2016
Pretty Good ??? 3.5/5
½ November 22, 2016
I liked this better than the Michael Fassbender version. I felt this one told a more complete story. Not sure why this got killed in the reviews.
November 20, 2016
In this film, it seems as if Steve Wozniak came up with the design for the computer all on his own. In the original film they tell the truth. They got all the research & development from Xerox Corp.
½ November 17, 2016
There is no cinematic effect. Felt like watching documentary.
November 2, 2016
I think this film is one of the most underrated biographies I've ever seen. It's obviously been given a Hollywood shine, but what film isn't. I think it's an amazingly warm, insightful interpretation of Steve Jobs and his life. It captures some of the pivotal moments in his life that empowered him and crushed him, both being of great importance. Ashton Kutcher has captured the almost Autistic nature of him with uncanny resemblance to smile, walk and speech patterns. I watched this film and felt so uplifted. Who cares if it isn't 100% accurate; I'm sure Rose and Jack didn't actually float on a broken door when the Titanic Sank. Just like the limited views of those in his actual life, a lot of people aren't seeing the message behind the picture. All I know is that it inspires me, and that's all I care about.
September 20, 2016
This movie was awesome. It brought me back to when computers and programming was in its infancy.