Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Reviews

April 12, 2018
A very good show with an excellent cast
½ January 11, 2018
What's interesting about this standard adventure tale is how it tells it's story: the barest bones of construction, and only the points you are already well versed with (from all the other adventure tales they've "borrowed" from) to get to the point quickly. Quite literally they find a "secret map written in code" and decipher the thing in less than 5 minutes, and then "it's off to the island!". Everything happens fast, and everyone's only playing a cliche, and so after a minute it becomes cool simply watching the race to the end. Should I tell you "no surprises here"? If I did, that would be the only surprise of this feature.
January 1, 2018
I normally try to avoid movies that look like I might not enjoy them. Unfortunately, I didn't have much of a choice because it was the only movie on a long bus ride with no books or devices to distract me. Unless held at gun-point, I would avoid this movie at all costs. It's annoying, childish at all the wrong times, and kind of ridiculous. The only objective reasons I can see for watching this are Josh Hutcherson, and seeing The Rock make his nipples move. Personally, I didn't get much enjoyment out of either.
December 21, 2017
Good movie, no complaints. It was how the trailer showed. Its about the same quality as the other journey movie.
November 19, 2017
Predictable, but watchable. I bet the cute tiny elephants couldn't swimn at the finale...
November 12, 2017
I love this movie so much! Why do people hate it?
November 7, 2017
Mary and I got some laughs from it.
½ November 6, 2017
Great action packed SQL it was funny and The scenery to the movie looks so real looks like a real jungle so it looks beautiful when you watch it my favorite part was when they are flying on the Bees and getting chased by a wild bird. See the adventure
So I Can't comment on the first one because I cut this one on TV never seen the first one
jamrcla
September 23, 2017
Better than the first mostly due to the fact that the cast were more likeable and the story wasn't as cheesy, It's still cheesy but it's fun, The effects were ok but some looked pretty bad in places, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but just like the first it looked like it would be good in 3D, The story was predictable but fun and most of all my kids enjoyed it and that's the films target audience so it's hard to be too critical.
August 30, 2017
Sean Anderson partners with his mom's husband on a mission to find his grandfather, who is thought to be missing on a mythical island.
August 23, 2017
i don't get all the negative reviews. sure this movie isn't perfect but it is highly enjoyable and extremely entertaining
June 3, 2017
A more enetertaining, hilarious, and satisfying sequel.
½ June 3, 2017
It's not all bad some of the conclusions are cheesy and some of the acting is cheesy but it's still entertaining and enjoyable
May 25, 2017
okish movie based on Jules Verne's novel with Dwayne Johnson.
May 21, 2017
Moleque bobo resolve ir atrás de seu avô que é mais bobo ainda e vivia em razão dos livrinhos de Julio Verne, porém seu padrasto vai junto para garantir que ele volte... filme que tinha tudo para ser bem ruim e que The Rock dá uma ajuda para não desandar, porém ainda não é um grande filme.
½ May 7, 2017
Regular but intersting.
April 15, 2017
It's... boring for the most part.
½ March 11, 2017
3/5/2017: An ok fun adventure movie. Can't go wrong with the Rock and hello Vanessa Hudgen. It could have been so much better though.
½ October 30, 2016
Never thought I'd see the rock ride a giant bee.
October 12, 2016
I enjoy this movie every time I watch it. Some very impressive filmmaking & the musical score, especially, was amazing!!