Last Vegas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Last Vegas Reviews

October 8, 2016
This film is a perky example of how the quality of the cast alone can't make a good movie if the screenplay has obvious flaws.
This Vegas trip of often haughty lifelong friends can't quite manage to entertain as one would expect from the names on the movie poster.
½ August 27, 2016
So light it could float away, this very slight movie is entirely anchored by the affectionate interplay between the four principals, who all know what they're in and spar off each other wonderfully. Kevin Kline in particular raises the biggest laughs as the partially-deaf sex-obsessed one. It's completely implausible but great fun.
½ August 12, 2016
Ok. I'm a sucker for Michael Douglas.
½ July 2, 2016
Last Vegas is entertaining and hilarious. A movie about four men going to Vegas to have a bachelor party to celebrate their friends marriage is a great plot. This movie also has some great actors. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 25, 2016
Sam (Kevin Kline): The thing is... It's crazy, but whenever something spectacular happens to me, the first thing I want to do is tell my wife about it. And, after 40 years of marriage, if I can't tell her about
something wonderful that happened to me, it sort of stops being wonderful.

This was alright, just tad bit too cutesy for my taste; I mean, it was entertaining enough, but the primary cast didn't seem to have any chemistry together-- separately they were great but together they didn't seem to belong as friends. Nonetheless, this was still not a bad way to while away an hour and 45 minutes of your life...you could do worse.
½ May 18, 2016
Just watched it on Showtime. Boring and predictable. Easy money for the stars.
½ April 18, 2016
Grumpy Old Men go to Vegas in this predictable comedy.
March 8, 2016
All these men have been in far better films, seems like an attempt at a geriatric 'Hangover' type film, that fell flat.
½ March 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. Despite knowing pretty much how the movie was going to turn out, the movie did an absolute fantastic job at showcasing each individual actor equally in my opinion, and that was the movies biggest charm. 4 old best friends decide to go to Vegas for a bachelor party after one of them decides to get married to a woman 40 years younger.
The 4 friends share a unique bond, and have quite the history between the 4.
Despite feuding between a couple of them, they come together for a fantastic weekend that shows just how special a true friendship can be.

I think one of the main things shown here was forgiveness and not holding grudges to people you care about.
The movie had a good message and I loved some of the laughs that were on display. There were some truly funny parts on display in the movie as the old crowd intertwined with the young crowd. It was cool to see.
The movie does have flaws but you cannot ignore the talent on the screen.

Each 4 of the legendary actors had their chance for a showcase and they all shined brightly.
February 21, 2016
Adorable, good-natured and harmless fun
February 21, 2016
I think sometimes you can have too many stars and it upsets the balance of a quality film. These four actors are all used to having the limelight and it feels weird that they are all performing a more supporting role than the lead. It's not exactly the blockbuster some might expect either, with such talented ingredients at its disposal. Often when an older English cast come together it produces a highly comical movie, such as the Marigold Hotel for example, but this just didn't float my boat too much for some reason. As you would expect it is very American with Bachelor parties, sleazy older men lusting after young women, gambling in casino's, and pool parties, and it's just lacking on much of the humour. Sure, I can follow the story easy enough and it's entertaining to a degree, but nothing special given the wealth of experience it has at its helm. Maybe it's just me, but seeing these four cast in such a film is not what we're used to seeing and I don't think it's their speciality, they're natural born bad asses and should stick to what their gift is. I don't mind it as a one off, and the storyline of going to Vegas to rekindle their youth whilst having a stag night is very lighthearted, so it's very watchable and doesn't get too dull. I just think this is aimed at an older American audience that can relate to this a tad more than us British. Still, if I were to have a stag night now, this has given me one hell of an idea as to how it should be done :)
February 20, 2016
Enjoyable film. Not really a must-see, but worth your time if you're a De Niro fan, as he gives a solid performance here.
½ February 1, 2016
What moron in Hollywood thought people want to see a movie about four old crusty dried up bachelors that are so pathetically shallow they felt the need to go to Las Vegas for a bachelor party. Who cares. The only sight more pathetic than four very old men in Las Vegas for a bachelors party was the sight of Mary Steenburgen and her horrific face lift. Mary Steenburgen was once cute. Now she looks more like the Joker from Batman than the cutie she once was.
This movie gets a negative five for a score (-5) and off with the head of whatever studio executive gave the green light for this movie.
½ January 16, 2016
Not much of a storyline, but the all-star cast is as charming as ever!
½ January 9, 2016
Great film with some really funny moments. Really enjoyed this one.
½ January 5, 2016
Superstar cast and personally because of this I feel as if the movie was a major flop. The potential of an epic movie was there but it just never happened.
December 31, 2015
I've heard this movie described as "the Hangover with senior citizens" and its four stars as "the Mount Rushmore of Acting". Both descriptions are apt. "Last Vegas" (PG-13, 1:45) brings together four men (Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Kline) whose average age was 71 at the time of the film's release, and who have a combined 300+ movie and TV credits to their names over careers that total about 200 years and who, as a group, have racked up over 25 Golden Globe noms (with several wins) and about 15 Oscar noms (with several more wins). These actors have starred in such iconic films as "The Godfather, Part II", Sophie's Choice", "Taxi Driver", "Driving Miss Daisy", "Wall Street", "A Fish Called Wanda", "Fatal Attraction" and "Independence Day" as well as underappreciated gems like "The Game", "A Bronx Tale", "Seven" and "Grand Canyon". Attention should be paid.

In "Last Vegas", four childhood friends get together in Sin City to throw a bachelor party for the ladies' man of the group, the last of them to finally get around to getting married. The set-up is similar 2013's "The World's End", complete with one attendee who, due to an old grudge, had to be tricked into joining the reunion. As the four men air their grievances, remember the past and worry about the future, they're working their way through a weekend in Vegas in which they make new friends (of varying ages) and figure out how to party "like it's 1959", although the calendar is working against them.

This movie, with these four acting legends, and ably supported by Mary Steenburgen, Michael Ealy, Romany Malco and Roger Bart, is a good bit of fun. Jokes about aging abound, but just as those gags are about to go stale, the film shifts gears to focus more on the drama that has developed among these four men, yet still manages to work in a few more laughs here and there. It's a pleasure to see these four cinematic legends share the screen and it's obvious that they're having a great time playing these characters. There are a couple interesting plot twists along the way, which culminate in a resolution that is predictable, but heartfelt. "Last Vegas" is funny, but could have been funnier, interesting, but could have been more interesting and well-acted, although not quite award-worthy, earning, from me, a "B".
December 25, 2015
Love the cast!! Great fun.
½ December 16, 2015