Lemmy Reviews

• Jan 07, 2020

Think I only know like 1 MOTORHEAD song (Ace of Spades) even so this Doc. is definitely worth seeing I enjoyed.

• Nov 04, 2018

I love the hell out of this movie. I have long enjoyed hearing Lemmy speak over the years, and it was a blast watching this documentary. What a great way to honor the memory of this legend. I've seen this twice. I own the Blu Ray DVD and I'll certainly watch it again and again.

• Mar 05, 2018

The greatest rock-doc of all time! Such a compelling story, even if you've never heard of Lemmy.

• Oct 11, 2017

Love it. J'ai connu sa musique de son vivant, mais pas assez et surtout pas assez connu ce personnage intéressant.

• Nov 19, 2016

A fun, super-cool portrait of the legendary Lemmy Kilmister. A collection of some great scenes & great stories.

• Oct 10, 2016

Excellent documentary exploring Lemmy's life and times. The man who first merged Punk and Metal, the man who changed his bass from background noise to the headlining sound, the man whom female Metal artists owe a lot of their current opportunities to for his pioneering role in incorporating women into the medium. The documentary explores these things and a lot more as it details his life up to 2010. Feels very poignant given his death at the very end of 2015. It was also very humanizing to see Lemmy discuss his family life with his son; obviously, Lemmy being Lemmy, it was more like a broken family life with him on the road nonstop and Lemmy only finding out he even had a son after his baby's mother sought him out in a drug den. I recommend watching the extras to see some great stories about probably the nicest guy to ever pick up a guitar. He also briefly discusses why he got into music in the first place (it involved the ladies).

• Aug 13, 2016

A must-see for all Lemmy fans, it balances between interviews, backstage footage, live clips, musical and personal discussions and pure fun to present the portrait of a very interesting man and legendary musician. It does leave things to be desired by anyone looking for a more complete, linear retelling of his career or for more talking heads (obvious omissions include the dudes from Saxon and the Metal Queen Doro Pesch), yet remains informative and enjoyable. Some of the clips are pure gold.

• Jul 05, 2016

If you think this is going to be one of those really good music documentaries like ones about Janis Joplin, James Booker, Ginger Baker, Bob Weir, Keith Richards, etc., beware! This movie is mostly interviews of people talking about Lemmy - how cool his clothes are, how he loves to play slot machines, how he met Little Richard, etc. There's also footage of him jamming with Dave Grohl, smoking with Billie Bob Thornton, showing all the shit in his cluttered apartment, but none of it goes together. There's no history, no insight into Motorhead or its music. Got to be a serious Lemmy fan to like this one (or at least the first hour, because we gave up after that).

• May 02, 2016

Fuckin' Lemmy Kilmister!

Fuckin' Lemmy Kilmister!

• Jan 12, 2016

It'll show you a side of Lemmy you might not have known, but I wish there had been more archival stuff. That said, it's a great look at the man and the music.