Let Me In Reviews

• Feb 18, 2021

Let Me In is an American remake of Let the Right One In that evokes the tone of the original, but is different enough from the original to stand on its own.

• Feb 08, 2021

Let Me In is unrealistic to other vampire movies its lacks gore and undermines how the body actually works. not scary interesting though.

• Jan 21, 2021

Movie Review by Zanele Jiane Let me in is a very tough people to make, any film involving children is by default tough, but Matt Reeves explores the subject with dignity and cinematic flair. It is a story of a powerful young-looking vampire and a weak bullied school boy. The movie deals with packaging, what is evil is working at warming up to find a world where a relationship with a person without malice exists, while the innocent young bullies are increasingly getting every malicious towards other school kids. Owen (Kodi Smit-McPhee) has the ground beneath him shaking as his place in his home is in question as a result of parents who cannot continue to have a relationship with each other, at school his place in the school is questioned as bullies whittle away at his fledgling manhood. The story shows the power of love and the subsequent sacrifices it takes to make the love possible – the characters are magnetic in that they pull us in their world effortlessly and allow us to imagine the possibilities. Elias Koteas is genuine as a first-class detective trying to piece together a case that ends his life horribly, The Father (Richard Jenkins) is solid and anchors the story with his blood. Matt Reeves opens the story with wide shots showing a sliver of emergency light in a wide forest, telling us that the story and the emergency is only the microcosm if a much larger narrative, but when we look inside, we find that there is nothing much else. In 2021 a movie from 2010 does not look dated but fresh and rewatchable. We can all relate to two misfits fumbling around trying to find each other.

• Jan 11, 2021

It was ok, but don't bother, just watch the original version, sooo much better. This is a very lazy remake. They did the EXACT same story, just not as good.

• Nov 10, 2020

Let Me In and Let the Right One In basically are the same movie just with different languages and cinematographic styling. Let Me In will probably cater better to the average Western viewer than Let the Right One In will, but if you fancy yourself a multi-cultural connoisseur than both should provide a memorable experience. The only faults with this one are some slow scenes and brief moments of awkward acting, but that's more of a stylistic discrepancy for me. Let Me In obviously benefits from higher budgeting when it comes to effects, so the blood, gore and violence in this one are much more intense and pronounced, but that adds to the experience.

• Oct 29, 2020

I am very confused as to why this movie has high ratings. First of all this remake has no reason to exist at all. Second the characters motivations are confusing and bad characterization makes it impossible to care for the characters. But most importantly the movie is just boring from start to finish with a shallow message of nurture thrown in. And to top it all of it is weirdly romanticized to artificially make you feel something for the characters I guess? It's weird. My synopsis of the movie remake : girl is bad because she's a vampire (spooky cgi). Boy is good but cries a lot and environment makes boy bad. Sad. Boy wants to kiss vampire girl. Honestly I can only recommend this movie for people who really like vampires or for people who want to be confused as to why this movie exists. I rarely bash movies like this but I am just very confused by the reviews online.

• Oct 24, 2020

Scary. Sweet and blessed with it’s unbreakable chemistry. Let Me In is a sweetly romantic and at times terrifying story about young love in the 80’s.

• Oct 22, 2020

A mysterious thriller that chills and reinvents the vampire genre. The use of shadows and lighting in this film is absolutely brilliant. We never get to fully see a lot of action up close because it’s beautifully shot from a distance. This effect gives this film a bigger scope and a more mature tone. The acting and chemistry between our two leads is charming. This is a very slow burn of a film, but that gives the audience a larger focus on the story between a mortal and a cursed young vampire.

• Oct 17, 2020

A flaccid brain dead vampire compared to the original, learn to read. The male leads character development doesn't even make sense, his motivation is akin to a pop punk song.

• Sep 22, 2020

Really boring story of a girl vampire who gets involved with a boy who gets beaten up a lot.