Life Reviews

• Sep 14, 2020

The idea behind this film is pretty cool, it's ultimately rather dull. Robert Pattinson is good but Dane DeHaan seemed to lack the charisma and charm to nail James Dean.

• Sep 07, 2020

LIFE is director Anton Corbijn's biopic about the friendship that developed between James Dean (Dane DeHaan) and Life magazine photographer Dennis Stock (Robert Pattinson) during the weeks in 1955 leading up to Dean's premiere in "Rebel Without a Cause." Stock shot the iconic black and white photo of James Dean in Times Square and the famous Indiana farm photos. The film is beautifully shot by Danish cinematographer Charlotte Bruus Christensen and features cameos by Joel Edgerton (Stock's boss) and Sir Ben Kingsley (as Warner Brothers head, Jack Warner). Only downside to the movie is that DeHaan, while playing James Dean as moody and brooding, mumbles much of his dialogue. Pattinson manages to pick up the slack in a few of their characters' mumbled conversations.

• Mar 20, 2020

I went with 2 stars with this movie, I am a fan of James Dean and his movies, so I ran with this movie. I like Anton Corbijn as a director I liked his movie Control about Ian Curtis/Joy Division, so I thought that this movie would be in the same ballpark if you will. Loved Robert P. english (american accent) the actors/acting was great, but was kinda boring throughout. I only seen this movie once, idk if I'd watch it again 2 stars.

• Dec 26, 2019

As the movie life is a bit bland, Boring in parts, without much tension. But what helps life are the great performances and movie references of the era. The script is strong but the pacing could’ve been better. If you’re James dean fan you’ll probably enjoy watching this movie otherwise it’s a good film if you’re a fan of the lead actors.

• Dec 26, 2019

• Nov 28, 2019

Classic film. Records an interesting period in the life of Jamez Dean. Fascinating

• Oct 24, 2019

Bloody impossible to watch? Was James Dean this boring and a poor speaker? I cannot finish watching such a lame presentation. If Jimmy wasnt already dead, he would die of embarrasment.

• May 28, 2019

I thought this was a very good film. I went in wanting to watch some of Robert Pattinson's work and I was very satisfied. I didn't actually know who James Dean was before watching and I feel like that added to the viewing experience. If I had known his story and that the film was a biopic, I probably would have enjoyed it much less

• Feb 16, 2019

James Dean character overly dramatic. Bad acting. Hard to stay focus on story line what tone of voice he used. Too bad.

• Aug 19, 2018

Centred upon a photo essay by Dennis Stock for the titular magazine, Anton Corbijn's sensitive direction and Dane DeHaan's nuanced performance as James Dean render a very intimate portrayal of the modest Hollywood icon on his homecoming excursion to his hometown Indiana weeks before his premature death in a car accident.