Liz & Dick Reviews

• Jul 07, 2015

"?????? ????, ? ??? ??? ????. ??????? ?????? ???????, ???? ??? ??? ???????? ?? ?????".

• Jun 13, 2015

Was anyone even trying on this feature? So, so, so bad.

Was anyone even trying on this feature? So, so, so bad.

• Feb 26, 2015

Horrible storytelling....acting....just...horrible.

Horrible storytelling....acting....just...horrible.

• Spencer S Super Reviewer
    Jan 22, 2015

The first thing that everyone goes to, in lambasting this film, is the performance from vacant eyed starlet Lindsay Lohan as Liz Taylor. I would say that this film actually suffers most from compacting forty odd years into a 90 minute film without any exposition. Most of the film's events happen without clarification to when in time they occur, why they're important, or who the surrounding characters are. I would say that most of the people in this film can be identified by those who know the many loves of Elizabeth Taylor, but for anyone coming in blind, none of this film will make much sense. Characters, places, costume changes, are all thrown at you without explanation. There's a time jump of some ten years that's not explained, and then the film just ends. Lohan isn't the perfect Elizabeth Taylor, but then again Lifetime isn't the best venue for this film, in the first place. Lohan has problems with her accent work, but besides that she seems to be really trying throughout. She and Grant Bowler (Burton) have monologues, (possibly from heaven) and there's one in particular where Lohan shows real emotion and bravado in her acting that I haven't seen from her in some time. That scene gave me hope for Lohan's future endeavors, and showed that beneath the bleary eyed stare she still cares about her work. Bowler also gives his all, even with the corny poetry and his weirdly perverted take on seduction. If you like watching train wrecks, this may be the film for you.

• Sep 28, 2014

Lohan's performance is terrible but she sure looks like Elizabeth Taylor.

Lohan's performance is terrible but she sure looks like Elizabeth Taylor.

• Aug 07, 2014

I thought it was entertaining. The guy that plays Burton was great, looked and sounded just like him. Lindsay was not good, her acting is bad, she didn't even try to use the Liz voice and she didn't look like her. They needed to hire one of those makeup artists that transform people to look like stars, Plus when she was supposedly fat they didn't even bulk up her clothes.

• May 30, 2014

This was truly awful.

This was truly awful.

• Mar 16, 2014

Poor poor Lohan this sucked from start to finish... she didnt even try t act as Liz Taylor. Her voice is too husky and smokey. Grant Bowler faired better as Burtonits a bit sprawling and i just wish it would have been a bit camper and sillier to have entertained more.

• Feb 05, 2014

So fake... Burton & Taylor are turning in their graves. Great actors' overcast by ones giving awful performances with really bad cheesy storytelling. I couldn't watch past Cleopatra a few minutes in. Terrible! Sooooo awful! Shame.

• Jan 09, 2014

Lohan looks good, but doesn't have it. Pop culture enjoyment though on a cringe level.