Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Reviews

½ August 12, 2017
Classic. Close behind snatch.
June 26, 2017
It Quentin Tarantino was British he'd make a badass movie like this.
June 7, 2017
Know what your getting in for. Some people will hate this but I found it really entertaining and I really enjoyed it
½ March 12, 2017
Enjoyable caper, very funny, very British.
January 29, 2017
This film fits perfectly for Guy Richie's unique directing style. The film does a great job of bringing everything together at the end. It blends comedy and crime perfectly.
½ January 26, 2017
8/10, great piece of work and action
½ January 15, 2017
full of twsits, smart ass lines, and style in spades
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 29, 2016
I thought this movie was better than Snatch. The cast was good in this movie. I thought the plot was great in this movie and that is why this movie was better than Snatch in my opinion. The plot focused on three groups trying to get the money and the two guns. This movie was funny and entertaining especially the ending.
October 21, 2016
It may be hard to tell anyone apart at the beginning of the movie, but as the ball gets rolling this film is utterly brilliant. I really feel like Ritchie out-Tarantinoed Tarantino in this film and Snatch, which are both more consistently funny and witty in their screenplays than anything big old T has done. Anyway, this movie is just bloody hilarious and a slice of truly genius cinema, which is astonishing given that this is a debut. It's delightfully madcap and convoluted. Not a film that will change your life, but it will make you glad you're living one so you can see it.
August 18, 2016
One of the best movies of all time.
July 28, 2016
one of my fav films of the '90s maybe even ever great characters great plot great humor great songs great acting
July 20, 2016
In 1992, an independent filmmaker changed cinema for the rest of the decade as he took audiences by surprise: Quentin Tarantino. His style was imitated to death for the rest of the 90s with many failures, but a notable success of said imitation is what can be the equivalent to the British "Reservoir Dogs": Guy Ritchie´s debut "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels".
Eddy, Tom, Soap (not kidding) and Bacon (seriously) are four small time criminals that get themselves into trouble as they end up indebted to a notoriously violent mobster who gives them a week to pay. As the amount of money is almost impossible to earn in seven days, the foursome decide to make a heist but they aren't aware of the consequences their actions will bring upon them.
With such an atrocious name and a counting with unexperienced producers and director, it would be safe to assume that this film would be a failure, but surprisingly Guy Ritchie´s directorial debut is the exact opposite. "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" counts with solid performances, the comedy is downright hilarious, a shockingly functional use of numerous rock songs, a script that's a combination of Tarantino´s style with "Magnolia" type of intertwine writing, dialog that's basically a Tarantino wannabe but focus on sarcastic characters, and it's extremely fun to watch. But this fun and memorable debut film has two major issues: The pacing is so fast that for the first 30 minutes you will most likely struggle to process every character or even the dialog itself, but once you get used to it you will enjoy the ride; and overall Ritchie himself. Guy Ritchie has made name for himself due to his energetic and over produced style that at times works (especially when he focuses on comedy) but at others it just comes off as he is trying too hard to appear as smart as Tarantino by mimicking moments of Quentin´s debut, but let's give credit where credit is due: His almost music video style works perfectly in this crime comedy as it is overall what makes this film fun and hilarious.
"Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" is hilarious, entertaining and overall well-crafted film, despite the fact its pacing is extremely fast and Ritchie´s over produced directing style is at time disorienting. Highly recommendable if you want a good laugh or just want to watch a memorable film that has attitude. Undeniably Ritchie's best film to date and possibly the best Tarantino film not made by Quentin himself.
½ July 18, 2016
Very entertaining... but somehow I never quite followed what was going on. Also, a few years after the fact, if you asked me to recall a single scene from this caper I'm not sure I could. Not good.
June 25, 2016
Sharp, funny, classic.
June 23, 2016
Partenza col botto di Guy Ritchie! Prende molto da tarantino (forse anche troppo), ma riesce ad incastrare una storia interessante e abbastanza complicata. Rispetto a tarantino Ritchie ci mette molto più humor e non sembra prendersi troppo sul serio, anche se a volte esagera con questo tono poco "serio". Comunque un film interessante.
June 3, 2016
This had it all ...Action , Comedy ! The Money travels fast from one gang to another ...Cool ! SOMDVD
May 19, 2016
This is my favorite movie, from witty lines to a magnificent soundtrack. The only glaring flaw it's repeated almost completely in Snatch another great Guy Riche film. I would suggest grabbing a coke and rum for this ride.
May 8, 2016
delightfully messy and a plot tied up nicely together.
½ March 31, 2016
Good, funny, violent british pulp movie.