Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Reviews

½ April 24, 2018
Guy Ritchie's popular first feature film is brimming with Tarantinoesque dialogue, characters and situations.
½ April 21, 2018
Such a fantastic and entertaining directorial debut by the the great Guy Ritchie. A comedic gangster twist like its perfect successor SNATCH, Lock/Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is a brilliant and funny British adventure.
March 30, 2018
LS2SB ... is there a sequel? Would enjoy it.
March 3, 2018
the needy from the greedy..

Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels

If its anything that enlightens this sketchy gangsta feature, its the gripping and hilarious screenplay which even though walks on the same tone in each phase works like a charm. Guy Ritchie's eerie execution and tone takes time to settle in but the writing part is too strong for anything to factor in which later on creates issues as it is a flat out zero on character's perspective. And on terms of performance level, the feature delivers the expectancy and nothing beyond than that for the actors weren't given enough space and range in it. Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels is of course a plot driven movie that satisfies the fantasy of gangsta movie goers as it spices it up with comic sequences but as far as genuine reasoning, characters and practicality is concerned; its a no go.
½ January 4, 2018
decent movie with a decent story. but i was kinda bored. i'm not a huge fan of these types of movies. snatch is similar but i liked it better (3.0). i think guy ritchie is a good director, but these types or narration movies with so many different characters and stories that connect every now and then, they don't do much for me. (about 2 viewings)
December 29, 2017
I actually loved the movie and how it binds all the stories and characters. While doing that, it also made clever jokes to the audience too but not as a comedy movie, but as a clever director. In addition, very very similar to Snacth! but still has some differences from that. I think I lost some of the parts, I could have understand and appreciate more beucasue it was going a bit fast.
December 24, 2017
I love this movie. It's got a lot of heart. It's insanely funny. It's insanely gritty. The characters are just way out there and brilliant. This movie basically defined a new genre, so there's not much more to add. One of the best endings of any movie ever.
October 2, 2017
2017-10-02 watched 8 min of British accents, stopped.
jamrcla
September 27, 2017
Not as good as I thought, I was expecting another film like snatch, But was a little disappointed, But a good ending makes up for most of the films downtime.
½ August 26, 2017
One of the more successful Tarantino rip-offs, Guy Ritchie's debut excels in action and comedy
½ August 12, 2017
Classic. Close behind snatch.
June 26, 2017
It Quentin Tarantino was British he'd make a badass movie like this.
June 7, 2017
Know what your getting in for. Some people will hate this but I found it really entertaining and I really enjoyed it
½ March 12, 2017
Enjoyable caper, very funny, very British.
January 29, 2017
This film fits perfectly for Guy Richie's unique directing style. The film does a great job of bringing everything together at the end. It blends comedy and crime perfectly.
½ January 26, 2017
8/10, great piece of work and action
½ January 15, 2017
full of twsits, smart ass lines, and style in spades
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 29, 2016
I thought this movie was better than Snatch. The cast was good in this movie. I thought the plot was great in this movie and that is why this movie was better than Snatch in my opinion. The plot focused on three groups trying to get the money and the two guns. This movie was funny and entertaining especially the ending.
October 21, 2016
It may be hard to tell anyone apart at the beginning of the movie, but as the ball gets rolling this film is utterly brilliant. I really feel like Ritchie out-Tarantinoed Tarantino in this film and Snatch, which are both more consistently funny and witty in their screenplays than anything big old T has done. Anyway, this movie is just bloody hilarious and a slice of truly genius cinema, which is astonishing given that this is a debut. It's delightfully madcap and convoluted. Not a film that will change your life, but it will make you glad you're living one so you can see it.