Love And Honor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love And Honor Reviews

½ February 22, 2016
was disappointed with the ending plus Peter's such a douchebag
½ December 25, 2015
The beginning of the movie made me feel that this movie maybe wasn't going to be so good after all. Although, after the first ten minutes had passed it got better and then it wasn't difficult to sit through it at all.
Besides Teresa Palmer, the acting wasn't great, but it was never something that bothered me. Love and Honor was a sweet romantic war love story. I quite enjoyed it and it did give me a happy feeling by the end of it.
May 31, 2015
beautifully weitten.. love it...
March 4, 2015
Was disappointed in the movie. Not that great.
December 3, 2014
I was sure that was a cute love story but nonono...there is too much hippie all over the place! Too bad. The relationship between Jane and her soldier was interesting in a good way, Candace and her soldier though... too classic, (SPOILERS) I hate you, I love you, I'm sorry don't leave!
November 24, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. It was a little different than I had imagined, but it was a nice little story to watch unfold.
½ September 20, 2014
Predictable and cliched, and these are not characteristics typical of movies based on remarkable true stories. One can only assume that the story was pressed through so many filters of production that they hoped it could squeeze into a Notebook-lite story. One of the most tedious cliches is the good looking, "all American" soldier shown as a wise and worldly man, doing what needs to be done, contrasted with the silly hippies who are so naive for opposing war. As a person with plenty of military in his family, I can assure you that soldiers are just as clueless as anyone else, and it's a dehumanizing trope to try to peg either stereotypes this way. And it's hard to have exciting chemistry between characters when their humanity is so soundly ground out.
September 2, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014

(2013) Love And Honor
ROMANTIC DRAMA

This movie is like watching the stocks exchange where it sometimes goes up and down, and then it falls so far down that it can't get back up again. It takes place sometime during the first moon landing in 1969 during which was also when Americans were still fighting in the Vietnam war. Anyways, the set up has army soldier, Dalton Joiner (Austin Stowell) having a keen eye on some very thin wire, and was admired for it by former soldier, Mickey Wright(Liam Hemsworth). By the time this particular regimen group got to Hong Kong for a week of 'R&R', 'rest and recuperation', 'rest and relaxation' or 'rest and recreation', Dalton decides to use his by flying back to a small town in the United States to see his girlfriend, Jane (Aimee Teegarden). And because, Mickey has already built a rapport with him, he decides to go with him. Anyways, a portion of this film centers on a silly white lie since the group of people Dalton and Mickey are living with are protestors against the Vietnam war. And it was also during at this point I start to role my eyes and start to cringe at some scenes just because the movie lectures us like the Vietnam War was still happening as viewers are watching it so it's like why are we going back to listen to opinions about it like it's still happening.

2 out of 4 stars
July 7, 2014
3 Stars. 1 star for Liam Hemsworth, 1 Star for Teresa Palmer and 1 star for them together.

Again 3 Stars!
July 4, 2014
I thought it was a pretty good movie
½ May 10, 2014
Review:
I really wasn't a big fan of this movie. I found it quite corny and the acting wasn't anything special. It's predictable from the beginning to the end and the whole, leaving war for my girl thing became slightly tedious. It amazed me how these 2 soldiers go to some strangers house and spend all there time that they have on leave, without thinking about there parents or there other friends. I'm sure they had phones in those days. Anyway, the storyline was weak and the acting is pretty terrible, but for some unknown reason, you end up sticking with the movie, just to see what these teenagers are going to do with there life's. It's not a movie that I would recommend for entertainment but it's a watchable drama. Average!

Round-Up:
Liam Hemsworth is definitely not in the same league as his bigger brother, Chris Hemsworth who has done a great job with Thor. Every movie that I have seen him in has been disappointing, which is due to the fact that he just hasn't got any screen charisma. I just hope that he finds his genre soon because all of his movies have seemed to have gone straight to DVD which is not a good start in an actors career. I've seen the girl who is playing the lead, Teresa Palmer, in other movies like I Am Four and Warm Bodies and she just seems to act the same. She looks very much like Kirsten Stewart who also has an emotionless way of acting. Anyway, this movie really needed someone to pick up the draggy storyline.

I recommend this movie to people who are into there drama/romance movies about a man who trying to get his girlfriend back on his leave from Vietnam. 3/10
April 14, 2014
Chilling, funny and lessons for society. Critics don't like because its objective on Vietnam and not full of Liberal media bias.
½ March 26, 2014
The title pretty much says it all with two sets of a characters divided in principle by the continuing war in South-east Asia. It's gentle and subtle for the most part with thought over action.
February 9, 2014
Great war story. Hemsworth & Palmer had good chemistry as well.
½ January 21, 2014
The review looks alot better than the actual film but it is quite a decent film
December 28, 2013
Not usually into war movies but liked this one and appreciated the theme of the movie.
December 13, 2013
Should i stay or should i go x 7
November 13, 2013
I didn't pay too much attention to this bc I was more interested in Liam Hemsworth & Austin Stowell. I do enjoy hearing The Funeral by Band of Horses in any movie.
November 10, 2013
This flick wasn't much about the Vietnam war but about love in all the wrong places. There isn't much honor but love with an okay script and okay B rated cast. Skip this one.
½ October 21, 2013
A decent movie. Super predictable though