Mad Max - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mad Max Reviews

August 12, 2017
Great low budget movie and it is set before the apocalypse starts witch is different.
August 10, 2017
What an awesome and classic film. MAD MAX was the most incredible and very good film even though it was low budget but it was so good with intense scenes and the way it looks was cool and Max is a badass character and I like it. Well done George Miller you made one hell of a movie the first film was awesome love it a lot.
½ July 31, 2017
Great fantastic interesting movie starring Mel Gibson. I thought this movie would be more apocalyptic but it's not, it's Mel Gibson playing as max and his family fighting and trying to survive. Can't wait to see the next installment in this franchise.
½ July 11, 2017
This is a great movie but it's a bit forgettable. Its plot is about a cop who's tired of his job and wants to retire. After he kills a member of a gang, the other members try to get revenge on him and his family. The rest of the film, he has to survive them. The movie has a barren and rundown environment which draws the viewer into it. Mel Gibson did a great performance as a man whose tired of being a cop because he's seen way too many cops die. The movie takes a dark turn at the end and it makes one of the most memorable movie scenes of the decade. Its choice makes it into a cult classic. I do feel that it slowed down a bit at the middle though. In that time, we got to know the characters but I would've rather seen more action. It's still a pretty intriguing movie and it's pretty interesting. Sure the sequel is better but this is still a great movie. Fans of action movies will likely enjoy this movie because it's a great example of its genre.
½ June 21, 2017
Although I usually hate when films lack narrative and emotion, I would have preferred if the whole narrative had been shaped around scenes involving the cars, because the car chases are some of the most exhilarating, and heart-pounding ever.
½ June 17, 2017
This Australian cult classic can't be taken too seriously. With some great action sequences and quirky characters, this film pushes the boundaries. A classic Australian film. 1001
½ June 7, 2017
Dated and with terrible acting. Mostly consists of Mel Gibson grunting and men dressed in bondage yelling/grunting. The feral child was really really really annoying.
June 2, 2017
good for the budget and for bringing us mel gibson
½ June 1, 2017
Did not like it, very weird, confusing and just bad.
½ May 25, 2017
Mad Max is my favorite movie series. Although this isn't the best movie in the series it's still amazing and better than the 3rd one. And made with only 300,000 dollars!!!!
April 26, 2017
Mad Max is a great road film. The sequels were dumb
½ April 22, 2017
2017-04-20
i felt it very uncomfortable to watch
April 10, 2017
For a movie of its time the action sequences were impressive.
½ March 21, 2017
This was something I hadn't revisited since the VHS days, so I was pleased to give it a spin on Blu-ray with the recent Anthology release. The story is simple and while I dug the film overall as I'd expected to, the ending always feels slightly anticlimactic for me for some reason that I can't quite articulate.

Still, well worth a look and something any action fan deserves the chance to revisit.
½ February 10, 2017
a classic full of action
January 15, 2017
Great low budget action movie from the 70s, the movie that started the great franchise. It's stunning how marvelous and interesting this movie is, how skillfuly executed by Miller. And of course the very young Mel Gibson. Sadly they forgot how to make movies without CGI, movies that look way compelling and realistic without CGI.
December 25, 2016
Mel Gibson's family is killed buy a biker gang. He goes after them. Pretty good!
December 20, 2016
By the artful direction of George Miller, these films each stand as thriller-masterpieces with practice stunts and action to immerse their viewers.
½ December 19, 2016
A decent cult action movie full of great stunts and car crashes that make the best of a very low budget, even though the story takes a bit too long to speed up, making the entire beginning a little dragged and reaching its narrative core with only fifteen minutes left to end.
December 17, 2016
Dark, Thrilling And Pulse Pounding, George Miller's Mad Max Is A Brilliant Piece Of Post-Apocalyptic Action With Mel Gibson At The Front Of It All.