Mad Max - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mad Max Reviews

½ September 22, 2016
an amazing film and excellent build up of gibsons character (which i believe is the biggest purpose of this film)
½ September 22, 2016
While it could use more action, the "Mad Max" that started them all has enough weight to the narrative to save it from aging as badly as it could have.
½ September 16, 2016
More plot than the others to get in the way of the action, and things are perhaps a little too civilised, but what action there is is outstanding, it's full of colourful characters and awesome vehicles, and Hugh Keays-Byrne's Toecutter is one of my favourite ever movie villains. It's almost as though this one tells all the necessary story, allowing the sequels to exist as the extended action sequences they are. This is where Max gets mad.
September 8, 2016
Mad Max sure has all the madness we would expect, and it's great like that.
½ August 29, 2016
The Apocalypse is now Max's, full of rage and death
August 14, 2016
While essentially watchable for Keays-Byrne as Toecutter distinctively, Mad Max is slow to start but delivers the goods for those who are patient enough to wait.

V: 73%
½ August 9, 2016
Mad Max traz com perfeição corridas e acidentes acompanhado de uma ótima direção do George Miller e atuação de Mel Gibson
August 5, 2016
Triumphant and forceful! Theron and Hardy on fire - what's not to like?!
½ July 31, 2016
This must have been the first film of its kind. I'm not sure how it spawned a sequel. It's pretty boring throughout.
July 28, 2016
good but it just misses being great good story but it felt slow at times but apart from that good flim
July 26, 2016
Mad Max is an exciting action film with some unbelievable stunts and car crashes that are a sight to see!
July 25, 2016
I tought the plot was so weak. I've got to admit I was excepting way more of the beginning of this franchise. However the acting was good and the action scenes were thrilling. Loved the performance by Hugh Keays-Byrne
July 22, 2016
Although the film feels underwhelming at points, it hits the mark emotionally. The action is well captured, and the film can be really masterful at points, however the villains are not developed at all, and the revenge plot kicks in far too late. That being said, it's easily the most story-heavy Mad Max movie, which I appreciated.
July 19, 2016
This is a great movie but it's a bit forgettable. Its plot is about a cop who's tired of his job and wants to retire. After he kills a member of a gang, the other members try to get revenge on him and his family. The rest of the film, he has to survive them. The movie has a barren and rundown environment which draws the viewer into it. Mel Gibson did a great performance as a man whose tired of being a cop because he's seen way too many cops die. The movie takes a dark turn at the end and it makes one of the most memorable movie scenes of the decade. Its choice makes it into a cult classic. I do feel that it slowed down a bit at the middle though. In that time, we got to know the characters but I would've rather seen more action. It's still a pretty intriguing movie and it's pretty interesting. Sure the sequel is better but this is still a great movie. Fans of action movies will likely enjoy this movie because it's a great example of its genre.
½ July 18, 2016
There is a reason why Mad Max remains a cult classic, George Miller created a violent apocalyptic world where fuels are now scarce and violent gangs terrorise people. Mel Gibson was the star of this film in his very early film career, he truly did a marvellous job playing the titular character. Overall, Mad Max has enough car stunts to satisfy action buffs, even if the acting was not the greatest.
July 17, 2016
Mad Max? More like mildly irritated Max. Still fascinating to see how this whole franchise began.
July 11, 2016
Most overrated movie I have ever seen.
Just terrible.
Crap story, crap acting, crap soundtrack.......just crap.
What a disappointment!
July 9, 2016
this was an exciting presentation of life AFTER the end.
July 8, 2016
Ok start to the franchise
½ July 4, 2016
It's just the pre-cursor to the mayhem that's to follow. It's just a nice and simple exploitation flick. George Miller shows stylistic flourishes here that are new for the time and while it's not as fulfilling story-wise as it should be, it's still fun.