Mamma Mia! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mamma Mia! Reviews

½ October 4, 2016
Music, Dance and most importantly... Fun!

For all ABBA fans, I would recommend this movie, if you can get past Amanda Seyfried's girlish and annoying squeals that she calls acting.

Overall movie was fantastic, songs were brilliantly added (similar to the play) without affecting the plot. And let's face it, Meryl Streep, Julie Walters and Christine Baranski are a fearsome trio! Sadly, the "younger trio" weren't as convincing. As I had seen the play many years ago, this film was very much anticipated.

Feel good movie and be warned, you'll want to sing along! The actors were having fun and it was completely contagious for my family and me, we were dancing, singing and crying throughout the movie. The film ends on a high that makes it a great ending, leaving you feeling good for the rest of the evening.
September 14, 2016
It's enjoyable and fun to watch... but just nothing too great.
August 18, 2016
Fabulous feel good show. Would go again.
August 16, 2016
Repleto de falhas e situações histericamente constrangedoras, além de um certo desperdício de elenco onde nem a própria Meryl Streep escapa dos excessos, "Mamma Mia!" acaba se sustentando no seu repertório musical popular e em raras cenas ridículas que funcionam. É um filme errado com bons momentos.
August 14, 2016
This is an amazing movie. All the songs are awesome. This site is wrong about a 66 percent. I would say 100 percent.
½ August 11, 2016
Many of the songs are at the expense of continuity but if you can drag your mum away from the tv long enough you'll see a film that's good for a laugh and much like the band for us teenagers, a good guilty pleasure
August 11, 2016
The film is a disgrace to ABBA's original song. And, for that matter, the stage play.
August 9, 2016
i like it i love it like a lot
½ August 6, 2016
The Title Explains Mario Why he doesn't wanna see the movie.
Abba Isn't in this movie, The Actors were bad and i hate the way they act,
This is the worst Musical film of all time it is not memorable at all
This is Worse than Hairspray and You all know what this movie is going to get.

Score: 0/10
July 20, 2016
This comedy made me discover Abba again. The singer's voices are far from great, but in no way does this harm the unforgettable songs of Abba.
July 19, 2016
I don't wanna talk... about the things I've gone through... watching this trashy, tacky and poorly directed ABBA musical where nearly no one can sing decently - especially Pierce Brosnan, who sounds like a dog barking -, and it only makes me wonder what the point is.
½ July 9, 2016
A simplistic film that can be best described by the words "ABBA - sentimentalism - song - dance - fun". And yes, I had fun.
½ July 6, 2016
An absolutely disastrous film with no heart, bland story and characters, and no meaning of it's existence.
July 2, 2016
Hands down favorite movie musical, I suggest you should see it(note: the best time to watch it is in the summer).
June 25, 2016
Pure unadulterated cheese! Bad singing, over-acting extras and Abba songs do not an Oscar winner make but for a fun film which quite deftly uses Abba's back catalogue to weave a story it's not half bad.
June 19, 2016
Fun silly nonsense with lots of ABBA songs
June 7, 2016
A fun, musical masterpiece. This film combines the stunning settings of Greece with the fluent chemistry of the starring roles perfectly, making this film a diamond in the rough.
May 6, 2016
Love it. Great casting.
April 29, 2016
I give it three stars because it's so over-the-top and delirious that it gets really funny to watch.
½ April 22, 2016
I would rather be tortured and killed than suffer through this tripe ever again. When I do die and if I was to be sent to hell, I'm pretty sure I shall be strapped to a chair and forced to watch this film over and over for eternity. This is the anti Christ of the film world.I've never self harmed but found myself coming close when Pierce Brosnan started singing in this. Let's be honest the whole premise of this so called film is that basically the Meryl Streep character is a slut who doesn't know who her daughters dad is! Of all my regrets and mistakes in life, if I could erase one thing permanently from my memory it would be this demonic garbage!!!