Mamma Mia! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mamma Mia! Reviews

March 12, 2017
Honestly couldn't even finish this one.
½ February 26, 2017
This movie...it's not good.
February 12, 2017
Lay All Your Love On Me!!
February 11, 2017
I really want to get it but not pay for it but it is the best film ever
February 8, 2017
Te es imposible no cantar ni bailar
January 17, 2017
Did you know Meryl Streep can do a toe-touch? Seriously! And that Pierce Brosnan has a raspy yet macho singing voice? Kind of like a deeper Bryan Adams. Basically, if you like ABBA, if you like fun fluffy musicals, if you dig that type of energy, this is a blast. If not, move along. Colin Firth adds charm, Amanda Seyfried's got some pipes, the Greek scenery is gorgeous, and there's a lot of girl-power going on. Not a lot of substance, but that's not what it's going for. It just wants to give you a good time, and it succeeds. ***1/2 (out of five). Rated PG-13 for innuendo.
January 10, 2017
One of the worst musicals ever made. This movie makes "The Apple" look like "Singing in the Rain". The popular musical this movie is based upon was fun and entertaining. The main reason why is because it did not take itself seriously and talented actors were cast in the respective roles. However this movie is just the opposite of that. The movie tries to be serious instead of fun and none of the actors can sing. The biggest liability is the horribly miscast Pierce Brosnan. Listening to him try to sing is excruciating. Well deserving of the Golden Raspberry Award (aka Razzie) for Worst Supporting Actor. None of the cast can sing. Watching attempt to do so is torture. If this is not bad enough Stellan Skarsgard gives us probably the most embarrassing (Not to mention completely unnecessary.) nude scene since the late Walter Matthau in "Grumpy Old Men". Do yourself a favor and instead just listen to an ABBA greatest hits album instead of wasting your time with this terrible movie.
January 10, 2017
i didn't love it much, didn't hate it either.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 19, 2016
I don't wanna talk... about the things I've gone through... watching this trashy, tacky and poorly directed ABBA musical in which nearly no one can sing decently - especially Pierce Brosnan, who sounds like a dog barking -, and it only makes me wonder what the point is.
December 7, 2016
Shallow, silly and irritating, Mamma Mia is a poor excuse to put a popular bands' songs in a soundtrack.
November 27, 2016
Chick flicks CAN be good, but this one just goes through the motions like an animatronic at a kid's entertainment venue.
½ November 20, 2016
I also saw the stage version on Broadway (not my decision). I am disappointed I was not recognized and called out by the cast for my general awesomeness.
½ October 4, 2016
Music, Dance and most importantly... Fun!

For all ABBA fans, I would recommend this movie, if you can get past Amanda Seyfried's girlish and annoying squeals that she calls acting.

Overall movie was fantastic, songs were brilliantly added (similar to the play) without affecting the plot. And let's face it, Meryl Streep, Julie Walters and Christine Baranski are a fearsome trio! Sadly, the "younger trio" weren't as convincing. As I had seen the play many years ago, this film was very much anticipated.

Feel good movie and be warned, you'll want to sing along! The actors were having fun and it was completely contagious for my family and me, we were dancing, singing and crying throughout the movie. The film ends on a high that makes it a great ending, leaving you feeling good for the rest of the evening.
September 14, 2016
It's enjoyable and fun to watch... but just nothing too great.
August 18, 2016
Fabulous feel good show. Would go again.
August 16, 2016
Repleto de falhas e situações histericamente constrangedoras, além de um certo desperdício de elenco onde nem a própria Meryl Streep escapa dos excessos, "Mamma Mia!" acaba se sustentando no seu repertório musical popular e em raras cenas ridículas que funcionam. É um filme errado com bons momentos.
August 14, 2016
This is an amazing movie. All the songs are awesome. This site is wrong about a 66 percent. I would say 100 percent.
½ August 11, 2016
Many of the songs are at the expense of continuity but if you can drag your mum away from the tv long enough you'll see a film that's good for a laugh and much like the band for us teenagers, a good guilty pleasure
August 11, 2016
The film is a disgrace to ABBA's original song. And, for that matter, the stage play.