The Man From Nowhere Reviews

• Apr 26, 2019

A watchable but sluggish and overlong Korean action thriller which starts and ends well, but sags in the middle.

• Apr 24, 2019

simple yet fascinating

simple yet fascinating

• Feb 02, 2019

Bonecrushing and mean like usually only the Koreans can imagine it...i felt good entertained

• Jan 22, 2019

The ending is what makes this movie. Itï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s a little slow to start, but is worth it in the end. Itï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s all heart!!

• Dec 29, 2018

Everyone should be required to watch this movie. One of my favorite films.

Everyone should be required to watch this movie. One of my favorite films.

• Aug 16, 2018

Seriously this is the best South Korea movie I've watched, I don't really like their movies, but I love this. Thumbs up to everyone that made this movie a success

• Jun 01, 2018

Best of the man on mission type movie.

Best of the man on mission type movie.

• Apr 09, 2018

An incredibly violent, brutal, and visceral movie with a LOT of heart. This movie feels like a passion project, it has a lot of beauty in it, but although sometimes it's executed in a bit of a clumsy and on the nose way. The cinematography here was surprisingly great, some really pleasing shots here. The music was pretty fitting, but used too much and not very subtly or creatively. The pacing stumbled a bit too. The action, oh man, the action was insanely good. So fucking visceral and gritty, choreographed really well. The knife action was intense. Probably the best knife fighting I've ever seen. Now the story starts out pretty simple, but gets a whole lot darker than I expected. Which is dumb of me to say, because I should know by now that Koreans aren't afraid to explore some really fucked up things in our world. The plot mostly makes sense, but some of the motivations are shown in a bit of a clumsy and blunt way. A bit more subtlety would probably work better. Ultimately, it's a very satisfying movie that keeps you interesting, and makes up for it's shortcomings with a whole lot of passion. It left me with a good taste in my mouth, I didn't feel like the film was marred by it's somewhat clumsy execution at times. Another great Korean movie. Edit: Forgot to mention the morbidly hilarious villains. Such over the top pure evil. One of them reminded me a lot of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. Very fun character.

• Mar 20, 2018

Many scenes could've been bad but they masked them well and made the movie watchable, there was only one bad fighting scene where they placed unnecessary knife sounds. The plot is good, acting is also really good and on top of that, story makes you feel all kinds of emotions, from sympathy, anger to sadness and happiness. I loved it (:

• Mar 06, 2018