The Man Who Cried Reviews

• Mar 17, 2019

Amazing movie by Johnny depp

Amazing movie by Johnny depp

• Oct 02, 2017

It's not bad but it is merely a collection of clichés with no personality: girl is separated from her family, gets bullied, remains working-class despite the temptations, hooks up with the laconic, 'cool' outsider, reunites with her dying father to sing him 'their song'. In the meantime the WWII manhunt takes place but who cares as long as a) gypsy Depp looks good, b) Blanchett and Turturro say things in stupid accents and c) someone sings that ditty every time an 'important' scene comes round.

• Mar 26, 2015

It was an alright movie slow in some places a lot of singing acting was not to bad Christina Ricci played a good roll so did Cate Blanchett as well

• Nov 16, 2014

I may be growing as a movie enthusiast. This is another period piece, 1920s and 30s, and I must admit I enjoyed it. Ricci is wonderful as Suzie, the misplaced Russian Jew in search of her father. Johnny Depp, as always, takes a role and gives it a little extra flair and oddity. Excellent acting and a decent story, though knowing history makes it predictable. A nice movie about a tough subject.

• Jul 17, 2014

I watched this movie 7 years ago. Now, I don't remember one single shot of it. So, it doesn't worth it :/ I give 2 stars anyway :))

• Jul 07, 2014

its a pretty dull story.

its a pretty dull story.

• Feb 05, 2014

One line summary: Russian Jewish singer makes her way to America during the Nazi period in Europe. ------------------------------------------ Fegele (later Suzi) grows up in Russia in a small Jewish settlement. Her father leaves the family to seek his fortune in America. After he has left, the settlement is burnt to the ground, and many die. After reports of this, the father does not look for his daughter. Suzi gets evacuated to England, and learns other languages there. When she is a bit older, she expresses an interest in singing and show business, and gets a berth in Paris. There she meets Lola, another expat Russian; Cesar, a gypsy; Dante, an Italian opera singer; Felix, who runs the musicals that Dante stars in. Paris is OK for Suzi for a while, but eventually the Nazis get closer, and closer, then take Paris. After a period of occupation, it becomes clear that she should leave. She would like to stay with Cesar, but he advises her to go. Lola gets tickets for Lola and Suzi, and they get on a ship headed for America. Do they make the crossing safely? Does Suzi find her father in America? --------Scores------- Cinematography: 9/10 Fine looking picture for the most part. Sound: 8/10 OK. Acting: 5/10 Kudos to Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci, Harry Dean Stanton, and Cate Blanchette for individual performances. The chemistry between characters seemed a bit lacking, though. John Turturro was a major detriment, especially the dreadfully fake lip-synching. His portrayal of a racist bully was fairly good, but did not make up for the rotten performance as a singer. Screenplay: 5/10 This was a nice 15 minute story stretched over 99 minutes.

• Sep 27, 2013

it was just ok for me

it was just ok for me

• Apr 24, 2013

serious but very touching movie.. and its not understandable how after going through such things in past, now jews are killing other innocent people just to take their land... :s

• Feb 21, 2013

u prijevodu "cmizdravi cigo"

u prijevodu "cmizdravi cigo"