Mobsters Reviews

• Dec 14, 2019

Almost cringe worthy. Remake this with an actual budget and it will be amazing. The writing is terrible.

• Dec 21, 2017

The plot is iffy, but for what the movie is, I think it does the job. Christian Slater does great as Lucky Luciano. People rate this way too harshly.

• Jul 16, 2016

Wow, the critics really hated this movie - and I don't get it. It's definitely not Goodfellas, but it's a serviceable, if not enjoyable flick. If you're looking for something different to watch, and you like 1920's gangster movies , then I think this would be an enjoyable selection.

• Oct 20, 2015

Its Literally The Worst Gangster Film Of All Time And The Cheesiest, Weakest, Dullest, And Poorly Acted Film Of 1991, I Watched This For The First Time Thinking It Would Have Good Structure And Story But Instead I Saw A Film Poorly Set Up In The Crime Era Of The New York Era And A Almost Tv Movie Like Gangster Film That Stars Weak And Tuns Into A Comedy Parody By How Bad It Is. Mobsters Has Some Of The Weakest Performances Ive Ever Seen In A Gangster Film Yet And All Were Up For Razzie Awards That Year Same For The Film. The Toughness Of The Characters And The Acting Isn't Real And Almost Weak Way Like Where You Don't See A Mob Movie You See A Lame Tv Set Up Movie That Stars Bad And Stays Bad Getting Worse All The Way With Terrible Overshot And Dull Talk Scenes That Aren't Serious At All, Its A Very Weak Film. Mobsters Is A Terrible Movie "Two Thumbs Way Down" I Couldn't Stand It, And I Cant Recommend It To Anyone.

• Aug 17, 2015

Ranked as one of the worst summer movies? Give me a break. An above average mobster movie that loosely follows history. The four leads do a nice job of portraying, although glamorized, their subjects. Another movie that grows on you.

• Apr 01, 2015

Oh aint that sweet....the kiddies get to play dress up gangsters.

Oh aint that sweet....the kiddies get to play dress up gangsters.

• Mar 20, 2015

One of the dullest mob movies, this Mafioso spin on the Young Guns formula is flat and lax to the extreme. Bland direction, characters that are every flavour of tired 'mob' tropes and a paper-thin, clumsily constructed narrative, render any investment nonexistent.

• Mar 07, 2015

Mobsters is by no means an awful film, but it's certainly several rungs removed from the best genre films out there, several of which are not only classics of the type but bonafide superstars that demonstrate the best the cinematic medium has to offer. Mobsters plays like a secondhand film, one that simply wants to jump on the bandwagon, a movie that's sort of like an involved Halloween costume: it dresses up real nice, looks the part, and feels the part, but underneath is just another anybody playing make-believe. It's a solid enough time waster and holds a decent replay value, but as far as the best Mob movies out there? Fuggedaboutit.

• Dec 03, 2014

Don't waste your time with "Mobsters" if you want to watch movies about the Mafia. Stick with the classics. And pray that Slater comes to his senses someday and turns his career around, and that someone gives Dempsey another chance in a real movie someday - Dempsey's movie career apparently cratered with "Mobsters"...fortunately seems to have landed on his feet and moved permanently into television projects.

• Sep 12, 2014

Great Movie. Very Informal!

Great Movie. Very Informal!