Moneyball - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moneyball Reviews

April 21, 2018
Pitt, Hill e Seymour Hoffman tre giganti.
½ April 19, 2018
some of the dialogue is smart but brad pitt tries too hard and occasionally the script is corny. a flawed but overall pretty good sport movie.
March 4, 2018
Great movie loses out to a silent film in many categories.
February 28, 2018
Strengths: If you ever read the book this was based on, you'd wonder how someone ever adapted it to film. It just doesn't read like something that could transition, but the writing team did a masterful job with it. It's some of the best work by Aaron Sorkin, which is saying something. It's not just a baseball movie either, as anyone who appreciate an underdog can get behind it. Brad Pitt (Billy Beane) is excellent in one of his more grounded roles. He brings a realness to the role and dominates the screen whenever he's on it. Jonah Hill (Peter Brand) is good in his role, as are Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Art Howe) and Chris Pratt (Scott Hatteberg). The baseball scenes that we get are beautifully shot and they give you just enough to keep you interested. The off the field stuff is never boring, even when they're just sitting around talking about scouting players. They also did a great job inserting pieces of Billy's past and home life, to give the character more depth. It was also never done to the point where it felt overly long or took away from the main plot.

Weaknesses: It's hard to find any. I guess the final scenes do feel to go on longer than you'd expect. Just when you feel the film is wrapping up, the trip to Boston and stuff after can certainly drag a bit.

Overall: An incredible film. The acting, writing, and cinematography are all great. There's a well-told story that everyone can relate to, while still being great for baseball fans. Outstanding work that turns out to be the best baseball move in history.
February 22, 2018
Brilliantly acted, even for the ones who do not know about baseball, it is a great experience.
½ February 22, 2018
now i will..

Moneyball

If it comes to bits and pieces and scoring on intense sequences; it doesn't hold back, especially all the scenes between Billy Beane and his daughter which are beautifully innocent and probably the only things that helps binding all of it. Moneyball works as a majestic entertainer for the Baseball fans but if not, then it may come off as reading news as it depends a whole lot of on factual events which may sometimes sound like just plain old news. Bennett Miller is perfect for the job and holds onto it but what really factors in is the screenplay which is filled with compelling arguments and amazing dialogues; kudos to Aaron Sorkin and Steven Zaillian. And on performance level, Brad Pitt offers some of his best work along with a great supporting cast like Jonah Hill. Moneyball has its ups (exhilarating conversations) and downs (an over stretched drama) and more importantly plays for more than 2 hours which could have been edited better but all in all it works.
½ February 17, 2018
I don't like many Brad Pitt performances. In many of them he comes off as conceited. But here is finally a role where I liked him. More down to earth. He makes the movie enjoyable. All by himself.
February 3, 2018
If your a baseball fan, this is a must watch. Pitt does great job.
February 2, 2018
Wasn't sure what to expect but did not disappoint
½ January 30, 2018
Knowing little about baseball but a lot about sport, I could relate to many aspects of this movie. It lagged a bit towards the end but was still enjoyable. Winner or Loser? You decide. AAN GGN AFI
January 12, 2018
Amazing baseball flick.
½ January 1, 2018
(First and only viewing - 7/10/2012)
December 27, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.5

Una obra maestra, soberbio guión, soberbia dirección y brillantes actuaciones.
½ December 23, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie, which somehow made baseball statistics come to life.
November 27, 2017
Great movie, but hard to keep track of if you're not really into baseball much.
November 24, 2017
Just about the most perfect baseball movie. And they stayed close to the real story as well.
November 10, 2017
10/10 masterpiece, inspirational!!
October 22, 2017
This movie is really good - like, really. It made me think and touched on my emotions and all that, but this review is really all about Brad Pitt because I think he stands out in this movie. First of all, I loved his jumpsuits. They look really good on him. Second, I think of all his movies, this is where he looks the absolute cutest. Especially his hair.
½ October 9, 2017
Smart and entertaining
September 5, 2017
Moneyball is a great movie about baseball! If you like baseball it's the right movie for you to watch! It's a true story about Billy Beane and the Oakland Athletics baseball team. It gives very thoughtful and good performances by Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill and the rest of the cast. It's definitely one of Brad Pitt's best performances. The struggle the team goes through and how they never give up and try to win really shows a lot about the team and what the real people did.