Neverlake Reviews

• Aug 03, 2018

Oh. My. Good. God. Almost every damn horror movie trope in the book is covered in this from creepy, estranged dad with extra creepy "housekeeper" to creepy ghost kids in unnamed yet clearly haunted orphanage for creepy undead children. Utterly woeful, insulting script including v.o narration ripping mostly Shelley and Shakespeare to pad out the lack of (talent?) imagination for the dialogue. Don't bother.

• Mar 24, 2018

didn't finish watching it

didn't finish watching it

• Oct 02, 2016

Neverlake was just OK. At times, it seemed to drag on for a bit. The story itself is fine but the way it was executed took the scary part out of it completely. It's not a bad film though, it's very average.

• Jun 07, 2015

I attempted to watch this as a Netflix suggestion. I don't usually look at how they are rated because most people watch major movies and rate the b ones low. this however gets a low rating due to acting and the effects look fake, along with a story that moves really fast and if you aren't paying close attention, you will lose what is going on in about 10 seconds. not worth while.

• Feb 07, 2015

I went into this movie expecting your usual bad horror flick but I was very pleasantly surprised. The movie starts out slow and by halfway through I had guessed the link between the lake and the children but the last twist the movie had caught me by surprise. Overall, it was refreshing to watch something with a little more substance and creativity than the other offerings in the genre.

• Jan 19, 2015

Jenny is really weirdly trusting initially, but once she realizes she's in over her head adapts quickly to her new awful circumstances. Be nice if I could find more horror movies that didn't ever get weirdly rapey but whaddaya gonna do. I mean, I guess the answer is "teach writers new ways to use women in plots," but if you don't have any rape triggers this is a good choice for all your "wow adults are awful" needs (of which I, personally, have many).

• Jan 12, 2015

Pretty good movie with a twist you (most likely) won't see coming. Emotional and dramatic but not as scary as expected.

• Jan 10, 2015

While roaming through movies on Netflix my husband and I came across this one. He isn't big on horror movies so when I suggested we watch this he reluctantly gave in. At the end of the movie we were both left thinking we'd just watched a really good movie! I think its kind of a hidden gem, it appears to be a run of the mill "blah blah cheap scares" movie etc. It was anything but that. If you are looking for something creative and different, with an ending that will keep you talking, check out this movie!

• Dec 18, 2014

Hauntingly beautiful film, more like a supernatural story of he horrors and wonders of love and family. Not in the slightest bit cheesy as I just made it sound, points of horror that really have you guessing until the end. Answers every question at the end and yet leaves your imagination to fill in the rest- definitely one to keep. Clever, powerful (especially the quotes from Shelley,) a truly haunting film portraying the lengths that people will go to in he name of family. A tip, listen to the children, think about it...

• Nov 02, 2014

This was a rather slow movie, but the twist at the end was pretty good.

This was a rather slow movie, but the twist at the end was pretty good.