New York, I Love You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

New York, I Love You Reviews

October 25, 2016
Pluralism is nice and be celebrated, in particular in this day and age, but felt uninspired.
August 7, 2016
my best friend is a NYer :D
July 22, 2016
"New York, I Love You"? The feeling is far from mutual. A self-absorbed melodrama that's like a high-budget student film without the nave charm. And Christensen must be stopped.
May 7, 2016
Ils ont tellement mise sur le casting (avec un nouvel acteur CONNU qui apparait au 2 minutes!) qu'ils ont oublie l'histoire. Pas pour moi du moins. Cute petites histoires, mais rien de bien interessant. J'aurais aim (C) qu'il y est plus de points communs.
March 9, 2016
It would have been fine as just separate short films, honestly. The last segment is the best.
½ January 27, 2016
It can get boring at times, a lot of the stories are interesting, some just didn't grab me. The cast was great! Yes, you heard me right, even Hayden Christensen and Orlando Bloom! I don't know why a movie so clever received such negative scores when movies like Antman and Cars have fresh scores.
½ December 12, 2015
Between the actors and directors, there's talent to spare, but not a single moment feels sincere in this New York schmaltz-fest.
½ August 22, 2015
Never before did so many cool actors align for a film, and left an audience high and dry. While there was intelligent dialogue and well acted scenes, way too many stories that didn't at all align. Were they all shorts left to pitch a bigger film?
½ August 2, 2015
A bunch of love stories done by a bunch of directors, all of them sat in NY. Cool idea, but not a great effort.

There are loads of known faces here, they are everywhere. The small stories are fittingly short but few of them invites me to something very interesting or original. I don't have any real favorite segments, but the one with Shia LeBeouf and the Brett Ratner one was probably the better of them for me.

OK to sit through, but with so many big names and their potential I can't help but be disappointed.

5 out of 10 famous faces in famous places.
April 27, 2015
Patchy. Like all movies made up of many short stories, some of it is interesting, some of it may have not bothered.
April 17, 2015
I didn't care for the movie.
March 5, 2015
What is the point of this movie?
October 25, 2014
Boring boring boring lame...
October 8, 2014
I usually love such movies, which are like a puzzle of different stories... This time, however, my feelings are mixed... I liked some stories, but not all of them...
August 9, 2014
Not my favorite movie, disjointed and hard to follow.
July 31, 2014
will never get that time back :(
½ July 16, 2014
In the beginning, you notice the movie is all over the place and you think, "maybe there's a reason for this chaos". Then, by the end of the movie the chaos doesn't come together; we aren't notified of why the movie is here, there, and everywhere. Then again, I guess it's even more-so a reflection of New York.
July 16, 2014
I liked this about as much as Paris, Je T'aime, which is to say not so much. The attraction of course is the all-star cast involved, its a regular omnibus of talent in a series of 10 artsy, disjointed short stories about love and relationships in New York. It's a mixed bag; some good, some boring, some make you think and some are just plain bizarre but none of them are really long enough to matter. This didn't leave its mark on me and if there was a bigger message meant to be conveyed, I didn't get it. Mostly it was a waste of time. A couple stories did stand out I guess; Natalie Portman as a Hasidic Jew fantasizing about her East Indian diamond broker, Anton Yelchin was good -weird, silly story, Um yeah, a big waste of talent. 7/15/14
March 5, 2014
ethan hawke's monologue is fucking gold
February 10, 2014
The premise seemed to make for an interesting film but there was not much cohesion to it. Some of the stories are either too short or too artsy and left me with a sense of not really "getting it".