Night of the Comet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night of the Comet Reviews

November 9, 2017
Good movie. The actresses in the film were good. And the film was good science fiction.
October 30, 2017
can't really call this a horror movie
it's more along the lines of a post-apocalyptic drama
minor terror elements like zombies are sprinkled throughout but the real focus is more on these people making their way through an empty civilization
two sisters wake up the next morning after a comet passes over the city only to find that much of the human population has been turned into calcified dust
with only them, a man named Hector and a few cannibals the whole entirety of the human race falls upon them
plus they have to face against a scientific operation base combating the disease the only way they know how
sadly there's no real scares here but it's filled with likeable leads like Catherine Mary Stewart and Kelli Maroney and some rocking 1980's tunes
it's not all grim like most of these movies are today either
a more lighthearted-end of the world affair
not all of it has to be hopeless
simple, straightforward and actually kind of fun
October 21, 2017
I don't care, I loved this movie ,lol
October 13, 2017
I originally dismissed this on first seeing it, probably because I was looking for a serious post apocalyptic Zombie movie.
Now it ticks all those 80's nostalgia boxes perfectly, and what I wouldn't give for some of those movie posters in that cinema lobby at the start.
A nod to various films in the same genre ,it doesn't take itself too seriously, and it was great to see 2 females leading the action instead of the usual square jawed ham.
Oh yeah , anything with " Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" in the soundtrack can't be that bad.
September 20, 2017
I turned it off when it got to the "Girls just wanna have Fun" montage because i realized that i was watching a piece of shit
August 18, 2017
Recently on Twitter I used a quote from this movie, and so found out there is a cult following for "Night of the Comet," and a Twitter account devoted to it. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this movie is a cult classic. In 2017, with "Eclipse fever" at its peak the weekend before the Eclipse, what I had said was, "Um, am I the only one who saw Night of the Comet?" And my comment was "hearted" by a certain DMK. Naturally, I followed his link to the site, and found dozens of people had quoted that famous line, "Great, See, that's the problem with these things. Daddy would have gotten us Uzzis." If I had a nickel for every time I said that since 1984....
½ June 10, 2017
I give this a 86/B+.
April 13, 2017
This will always remain one of my favorites . It has more than it share of hokey scenes and script language but it is by far very nostalgic for a teen girl in the 1980's and it has a kick ass ending to boot !
September 27, 2016
Aunque Night of the Comet sea otra de esas películas que no solemos recordar tan a menudo en nuestro momentos de nostalgia ochentera, pero sin duda es una pequeña joyita a tener en cuenta.

Lo más curioso de la cinta es lo increiblemente tan autoconsciente que es en su trama y personajes. Tanto es así que hasta parece ser una parodia en sí misma del cine ochentero (aunque con obvias referencias también a la ciencia ficción "drive-in" de los cincuenta). Esto es especialmente evidente en esa representación tan insustancial de sus dos protagonistas, ambas con un encanto y química especial, y en la forma en la que ambas se relacionan con el mundo que las rodea y el resto de variopintos personajes que lo pueblan.

Cierto es que si esta cinta se hiciera a día de hoy el chiste sería mucho más precioso y afilado, sin embargo, la película destila una magia especial como pocas películas.

Muy recomendada para los nostálgicos.
DrStrangeblog
July 12, 2016
Minimalist zombie apocalypse finds two teenage sisters and a trucker as possibly the last humans left alive after Earth's orbit passes through the tail of a comet. There aren't many 'comet zombies' on hand either so don't expect any "Dawn of the Dead" mayhem, this is more of a character study than action movie. The characters are what make it watchable as Rachel and Samantha aren't the brightest bulbs in the box and the script humorously captures the teenage mindset with unusual accuracy. They encounter some memorably creepy stockboys at a clothing store, and while the effects look cheap the deserted city locations give a real sense of dereliction.
February 22, 2016
If you love the sci fi 80's films, this is for you.
February 15, 2016
It's a strange experience re-watching movies you thoroughly enjoyed as a kid. Nowhere near as deep as I remembered it. Right or wrong, I still kinda like it... parts of it at least.
February 1, 2016
One of my favorite trashy '80s movies.
October 27, 2015
Post-Apocalyptic teen wish fulfillment from 1984 featuring a young Roberrt Beltran, 15 years before his stint ac Chakotay on Star Trek Voyage. An artifact of the era.
½ October 24, 2015
Who's likable in this movie? Killer soundtrack & '80s visuals. Too bad about the moral drawbacks. I don't know that there's one redeemable character.

Mall guys: Why would you try to kill the only girls left on earth?! ...both of whom are decently hot.

It's a shame such good music, scenery, & ideas were wasted on a pretty below-average story.
½ October 22, 2015
Lots of fun. End of the world flick with a couple of Valley girls. It's like last man on earth meets Buffy the vampire slayer.
October 10, 2015
This movie starts off as an interesting take on the postapocalyptic and undead genres (with some references to earlier movies), then rapidly turns full 80's with bad music all over the place and the usual unfunny, improbable storyline and ending. Amusingly enough, it features a young Robert BELTRAN (from Star Trek : Voyager fame).
September 16, 2015
If you like b-movies, you gotta check this one out.
½ August 26, 2015
Where Night of the Comet fails in remaining interesting, violent, and unpredictable, it succeeds by having undeniably funny moments, impressive set pieces, and a unique batch of villains. The film can best be described as the zombie movie John Hughes never directed.
April 13, 2015
If remade today,this B movie gem would get the Hollywood treatment and take itself too seriously and be ruined from the outset....the tongue in cheek cheese is what makes this movie.