Over the Hedge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Over the Hedge Reviews

June 25, 2017
This is such an underrated movie, especially for DreamWorks. However, it is among one of my favorite ones from the studio. It's filled with a lot of memorable moments, as well as a lot of funny ones too, and it's just an all around great movie. 8.5 out of 10. It may not be at the level of something like Shrek or How to Train your Dragon, but compared to a lot of other DreamWorks movies, definitely one of my favorites. You can watch it again and again, because trust me, I have!
½ June 7, 2017
Formula Kid Storyline Of Accepting Those You Don't Understand. The Soundtrack By Ben Folds Ain't Too Bad Tho.
June 1, 2017
Over the Hedge is an engaging, funny film about forest animals fighting back from urbanization.
½ May 31, 2017
It is some excellent satire, and lots of fun. Of course, there's some pretty bad jokes sprinkled in there throughout, too.
½ May 16, 2017
Very creative but has a dumb ending!
May 8, 2017
Silly, boring, cringy, any of these words could be used to describe this film. A movie with this much importance in teaching kids about deforestation should have been way better. Unfortunately, most of the jokes don't land and the whole thing just doesn't deliver.
May 5, 2017
Caught in a paradox of being both misanthropic and anthropomorphic, it still looks fun, has anti-working class music from Ben Folds and a huge sense of humour.
½ April 15, 2017
So Darn Funny And you Can't Deny It! :)
½ April 6, 2017
Only two words to describe this, fun and clever. Also, what happened to Steve Carell? He broke up with Dreamworks to make cash with Illuminati Animation.
March 23, 2017
Good movie, watched this one a few times.
March 12, 2017
Okay.
Story and characters aren't that memorable, visuals are fantastic.
March 10, 2017
Amazing nothing more that turtle be lit tho lmao hashtag lmao hashtag nigher
February 23, 2017
"One of Dreamworks more underrated movies."
½ December 24, 2016
That was unbiblical of this, but this is not DreamWorks best film of all time, but there have circular animal live by against neighbor house. Rj raccoon who have a deal with friend grizzly bear name Vincent both play by Bruce willis and nick volte while group there live in log here name Vernes is turles want have find something everyone is trust meeting what is wrong outside everyone don't go in there. but there have not have straight down the middle what come up with.
December 16, 2016
Oddly for a film which isn't considered an animation classic, Over the Hedge is somehow my favourite DreamWorks Animation movie of all time. I practically enjoyed the entire film for what it was. The film benefited from a talented cast, most of its characters were colourful both in terms of rendering and personalities, the film was pretty funny especially in the two shots of Earth from space - now those were good visual gags - and it even found seemed to have a heart as the film goes from a raccoon tricking a group of animals into helping him get food which primarily consists of fictional brands of crisps such as Spuddies (because DreamWorks didn't want to get in trouble with Pringles :p) to a film where he himself ends up learning a message about family. It makes me sad that a sequel is highly unlikely especially since Garry Shandling died this year, may he rest in peace, but overall this still remains my #1 favourite DreamWorks movie.
September 9, 2016
Over the hedge is a good animated film with mature themes like deforestation and friendship. The human characters are very funny and the animal characters, particularly Bruce Willis as RJ, are great. As it reminds me of my childhood I find it very nostalgic too.
½ August 20, 2016
"Over the Hedge" is a fun Dreamwork's flick that has a colorful cast of characters, some terrific voice work, and some good animation.
August 14, 2016
Bruce Willis delivers a fine lesson in voice acting along with a talented cast. Over the Hedge is a film with a little something for everyone.
½ August 8, 2016
This was my childhood.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Ok film good funny story for all the family to enjoy but as all films are getting now days it's all been done before but using different characters and scenery.