Over the Hedge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Over the Hedge Reviews

½ October 18, 2016
One Dreamworks greatest
½ October 7, 2016
Silly, boring, cringy, any of these words could be used to describe this movie. A movie with this much importance in teaching kids should have been way better. Unfortunately, most of the jokes don't land and the whole thing just doesn't deliver.
September 9, 2016
Over the hedge is a good animated film with mature themes like deforestation and friendship. The human characters are very funny and the animal characters, particularly Bruce Willis as RJ, are great. As it reminds me of my childhood I find it very nostalgic too.
August 25, 2016
Underrated Masterpiece Because It's so Darn Funny And you Can't Deny It! :)
½ August 20, 2016
"Over the Hedge" is a fun Dreamwork's flick that has a colorful cast of characters, some terrific voice work, and some good animation.
August 14, 2016
Bruce Willis delivers a fine lesson in voice acting along with a talented cast. Over the Hedge is a film with a little something for everyone.
½ August 8, 2016
This was my childhood.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Ok film good funny story for all the family to enjoy but as all films are getting now days it's all been done before but using different characters and scenery.
June 27, 2016
Over the Hedge is a pathetic movie about animals stealing the humans food. This movie isn't that great. However, it does have a good plot. I wouldn't really suggest this movie.
June 26, 2016
This movie is so good and cute
Hammy is hilarious
½ June 8, 2016
Over The Hedge is Dreamworks most low-lazy installment, ripping-off its story from actual good animated movies like A Bug's Life while being predictable, annoying, over-saturated with color and low-tier humor.
½ May 12, 2016
Very creative but has a dumb ending!
½ May 12, 2016
I know this movie is no perfect masterpiece, in fact the explosion jokes are WAY to over the top, and the story is kind of predictable, even when I saw this as a kid I knew where it was going to go, but I guess it's the characters and how they portray the message of family is the reason why I enjoy this movie. Also how they adapt the characters from the comic strip onto the big screen is pretty good, character wise, and with better designs. Overall, not a perfect movie, I've seen this sort of thing before, but it's still a pretty enjoyable movie.
April 24, 2016
Want to see this movie....I like Pixar stuff!!!!
½ April 10, 2016
Wow! This movie sucks! Hammy is a disgrace to Surley Squirrel! This is one of DreamWorks disappointing movies. It is not like Shrek. Shrek was a inspiring movie. This was nothing like it. Steve carrell was the voice of hammy. He did better when he was Gru in the Despicable me movies.
½ March 31, 2016
A great animated film that will appeal to all ages, with it's great humor. Along with the great plot and wonderful characters. The animation's great as well.
March 29, 2016
With a surprisingly well done mix of adult satire and family charm, Over The Hedge isn't the greatest film ever made - but thanks to it's stellar voice cast and fast paced animation it succeeds.
½ March 24, 2016
loved it. I'm surprised about since it has all the hallmarks of a terrible movie. celebrity casting, cynically cool and lol random characters. it somehow surpasses all of that.
March 24, 2016
Enjoyably silly film with a warm heart. Some giggle-worthy moments, and William Shatner is officially awesome.
Null
March 9, 2016
Over the Hedge is okay. It may not rank highly above other great animated films but is still a pretty entertaining time and an okay film to pass the time.