Over the Hedge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Over the Hedge Reviews

½ April 15, 2017
So Darn Funny And you Can't Deny It! :)
½ April 6, 2017
Only two words to describe this, fun and clever. Also, what happened to Steve Carell? He broke up with Dreamworks to make cash with Illuminati Animation.
March 23, 2017
Good movie, watched this one a few times.
March 12, 2017
Okay.
Story and characters aren't that memorable, visuals are fantastic.
March 10, 2017
Amazing nothing more that turtle be lit tho lmao hashtag lmao hashtag nigher
February 23, 2017
"One of Dreamworks more underrated movies."
½ December 24, 2016
That was unbiblical of this, but this is not DreamWorks best film of all time, but there have circular animal live by against neighbor house. Rj raccoon who have a deal with friend grizzly bear name Vincent both play by Bruce willis and nick volte while group there live in log here name Vernes is turles want have find something everyone is trust meeting what is wrong outside everyone don't go in there. but there have not have straight down the middle what come up with.
December 16, 2016
Oddly for a film which isn't considered an animation classic, Over the Hedge is somehow my favourite DreamWorks Animation movie of all time. I practically enjoyed the entire film for what it was. The film benefited from a talented cast, most of its characters were colourful both in terms of rendering and personalities, the film was pretty funny especially in the two shots of Earth from space - now those were good visual gags - and it even found seemed to have a heart as the film goes from a raccoon tricking a group of animals into helping him get food which primarily consists of fictional brands of crisps such as Spuddies (because DreamWorks didn't want to get in trouble with Pringles :p) to a film where he himself ends up learning a message about family. It makes me sad that a sequel is highly unlikely especially since Garry Shandling died this year, may he rest in peace, but overall this still remains my #1 favourite DreamWorks movie.
½ December 11, 2016
Silly, boring, cringy, any of these words could be used to describe this film. A movie with this much importance in teaching kids about deforestation should have been way better. Unfortunately, most of the jokes don't land and the whole thing just doesn't deliver.
½ October 18, 2016
One Dreamworks greatest
September 9, 2016
Over the hedge is a good animated film with mature themes like deforestation and friendship. The human characters are very funny and the animal characters, particularly Bruce Willis as RJ, are great. As it reminds me of my childhood I find it very nostalgic too.
½ August 20, 2016
"Over the Hedge" is a fun Dreamwork's flick that has a colorful cast of characters, some terrific voice work, and some good animation.
August 14, 2016
Bruce Willis delivers a fine lesson in voice acting along with a talented cast. Over the Hedge is a film with a little something for everyone.
½ August 8, 2016
This was my childhood.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Ok film good funny story for all the family to enjoy but as all films are getting now days it's all been done before but using different characters and scenery.
June 27, 2016
Over the Hedge is a pathetic movie about animals stealing the humans food. This movie isn't that great. However, it does have a good plot. I wouldn't really suggest this movie.
½ June 8, 2016
Over The Hedge is Dreamworks most low-lazy installment, ripping-off its story from actual good animated movies like A Bug's Life while being predictable, annoying, over-saturated with color and low-tier humor.
½ May 12, 2016
Very creative but has a dumb ending!
½ May 12, 2016
I know this movie is no perfect masterpiece, in fact the explosion jokes are WAY to over the top, and the story is kind of predictable, even when I saw this as a kid I knew where it was going to go, but I guess it's the characters and how they portray the message of family is the reason why I enjoy this movie. Also how they adapt the characters from the comic strip onto the big screen is pretty good, character wise, and with better designs. Overall, not a perfect movie, I've seen this sort of thing before, but it's still a pretty enjoyable movie.
April 24, 2016
Want to see this movie....I like Pixar stuff!!!!