Pajama Party - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pajama Party Reviews

May 24, 2014
Another Beach Party movie like "Ski Party" that's not quite really a Beach Party film, but is pretty close. In "Ski Party" Annette was gone from the film outside of a cameo and on this film it's Frankie who only briefly makes an appearance. Also, like "Ski Party" the beach does not figure into this film, though there is still a lot of bikinis for the various pool party scenes. Tommy Kirk fill's Frankie's role as the male lead, but he's playing a martian teenager who's been sent to earch to prepare for a martian invasion. Series regulars Jody McCrea, Buster Keaton, Don Rickles and Harvey Lembeck as Eric Von Zipper all appear in the film. Dorothy Lamour has a small role and if you watch the background dancers, you can see a very young Teri Garr and Toni Basil. Although it's hard to differentiate the Frankie and Annette Beach Party films, this one seemed the weakest, probably because of no memorable songs and the lack of beach.
½ April 14, 2013
More of the same beach party hijinks, by now on autopilot, with plenty of old Hollywood types dropping in. Keaton gets away with stereotyping Native Americans only cause he goofing himself just as much. You will ask yourself "why am I watching this?" but its still kinda goofy fun.
½ April 18, 2012
the beach and gang head to the bedroom
½ June 29, 2011
Another of the famed "Beach" Movies that are a bit of long lost Americana.Not great film making, but paints a picture of a Happy Time in our History
December 4, 2010
An average "Beach" movie, nothing special except maybe Keaton's small role, he was in another "Beach" movie as well, though. It's somewhat fun, but somewhat boring as well. Overall, it's okay.
January 28, 2010
Yes, it's corny just like all the other beach party movies, so it may not be for everyone but I just can't resist! Best known for the scene with the song "Pajama Party", and although Frankie Avalon only makes a small cameo, Tommy Kirk is a lovable fill in. After all, this duo has starred in other Disney movies together so it's a familiar pairing.
½ January 12, 2010
Once again, Disney's little do-gooder, Annette Funicello, has found her way onto the beach with a knack for finding romance. Surprisingly enough, her beau was not Frankie. No, it was Tommy Kirk, a martian. Let me repeat that... a martian. I feel so sorry for the teen and preteen population who found this bucket of slop a source of entertainment. Tommy Kirk was a fine pick for the love interest to replace Frankie Avalon. Until I found out he was gay. Then I had problems with him in the movie. I, also, had problems with Von Zipper. This being the fourth movie I've seen with Von Zipper I was to the point of nearly smashing my computer hoping he would leave the screen. I didn't smash my computer but I did watch the ten minute chase scene with Zipper and the nut with the red baseball cap. The point of the chase being ten minutes long is a mystery. Why Von Zipper didn't die somewhere in the chase is a mystery. WHY Von Zipper didn't die in one of the previous movies is ALSO a mystery. Why the screenwriters even wrote a babbling, idiotic, buffoon like Von Zipper is a mystery. His character has no point and I grow more sick of him as I watch these movies. But there comes along a character that you enjoy. Elsa Lanchester played Aunt Wendy in Pajama Party but if you've ever watched Mary Poppins you would know her face as being the woman who played Katie Nanna, the nanny who left in the first five minutes of the movie. Her role in Pajama Party was a relief to the dreaded acting of all other cast members.
½ July 16, 2009
In a preemptive strike in their war of the worlds mars sends it's most feared weapon.........Tommy Kirk. Once on earth he integrates himself into the beach party gang and puts the moves on annette. Sorry no frankie this time.
½ February 27, 2009
It's sooooo cheesy, i just love it.
October 17, 2008
This was a silly and interesting movie. I kind of spaced off halfway through because it was getting a little bit boring for me. Not one of my favorites but Tommy Kirk was kind of cute in it..ha..
September 7, 2008
One of the most surreal and fun beach movies. Toomy Kirk, Martian!
August 23, 2008
Annette cranked out many of these. This one is nothing special. What could have been a fun bit of retro fluff though is kind of spoiled by a portrayal of an native American character by Buster Keaton that will make you cringe.
July 12, 2008
this is a fun watch.
May 20, 2008
How did I not know how amazingly ridiculous 60s teen movies were?
½ May 19, 2008
Really not that entertaining. I'm not a huge fan of musicals, but I know what I like - and this was nothing special.
December 27, 2007
this movie is a reflection of how i wish the world could be, innocent teenage antics broken up with tacky song dance numbers.
August 30, 2007
I loved Annette during middle school!!! She inspired aspirations to be a beach singing tv/movie star.
½ June 1, 2007
Entertaining fluff from the fluffiest of all eras.
½ February 20, 2007
Another teen favorite of mine..Actually preteen.
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this