Paranormal Activity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity Reviews

January 22, 2017
After hearing so many people say this film was legit creepy I decided to cave and see for myself. Despite realizing in the first few moments of the 'movie' that it was going to be shot like Quarantine I forced myself to endure. I wish I hadn't. Not only was it NOT scary in the least bit, but the main character grated on my nerves to the point of inducing a migraine.

You would think she would be over the stair creaking, door moving "demon" if it's been happening to her since she was eight, but no. She needed to get eaten.
½ January 7, 2017
depopulated horror for the innovative method to create a new type of mockumentary
½ December 28, 2016
The ending partially redeemed it to be a 1.5/10, but this movie still is terrible. I loved The River, it's in my top 25 shows of all time, and I want to own it! This was poorly acted, directed, and written. The cinematography as well as camera is terrible. The production value was atrocious, but I understand with a $15,000 budget. I guess because I don't find the premise, or how they're executing it, scary, could be the reason I don't like this, but I was extremely open minded, especially with an 83%!
December 25, 2016
What I got to say about "Paranormal Activity" is one of the most scariest found footage horror movie I have ever seen. "It's hand down terrifying, spine-tingling chills and jaw dropping!" The performances by the two leads are felt so real and authentic. The directing and screenplay by Oren Peli is perfection. The cinematography in this was pretty good. The chronography is good. The score is spooky good. Finally, the effects are really great. "I'm raving that "Paranormal Activity" is a relentless suspenseful, independent tale of supernatural horror that will have you on the edge of your seat plus gasping for air! - A definitely must see film!"
December 20, 2016
The idea may be interesting even if totally unoriginal, while the story is developed well in a careful pace. Still, the movie feels like a mere silly trick to scare the audience and nothing else, even if it isn't scary or intriguing.
½ December 17, 2016
What's more terrifying than imagining the unthinkable? This movie makes the audience sit in front of the credits wondering why they are feeling so shaky.
November 30, 2016
I do have to say that for a minuscule $15,000, it's impressive, but still, there are a lot of super boring and long scenes in this movie and the shaky camera will fucking give you head pains. The scares, especially during the last 5 minutes, are indeed disturbing, and the acting is very believable. Overall, it's alright, but it's not a great move either, it's just okay.
November 25, 2016
Good scares, made me scream so loud it scared my gf. Could have better acting though.
November 12, 2016
This was the worst movie I have ever seen. It was a total waste of time. The whole movie was just about a couple fighting. Sure there were a few demon like things, but nothing that is scary. The only way I would see this again is if I wanted to go to sleep.
½ November 5, 2016
Though the first act is a bit slow, the rest is pretty creepy and it does a good job at building the anxiety and then bursting in the final scene.
½ November 1, 2016
Scary as hell, but kinda boring.
½ October 24, 2016
Perhaps the slowest most boring movie ever made. Less scary and more predictable than staring at your toaster.
½ October 23, 2016
This movie was good but it didn't scare me... at all.
October 23, 2016
Really good horror movie I enjoyed it a lot even though it was kind of long.
October 9, 2016
A very entertaining, and slightly creepy ghost movie. There is some logic errors like how none of them go to work. Besides that and the cheesy ending this movie certainly is one of the best ghost movies.
October 6, 2016
The slow buildup of tension as the paranormal activity increases in intensity is excellent. Katie Featherston is pretty good too.
October 6, 2016
Intense and scary. I enjoyed it not a lot, but I did enjoy it.
½ October 5, 2016
If your movie is going to intentionally look like crap, at least take the time to make it at least scary or entertaining. Paranormal Activity turned into the next big franchise after the Saw movies ended. The original ad campaign didn't do much for me so I never got around to seeing the movie until now.
Needless to say, I was not impressed. Not nearly enough happens in the movie to make up for the unlikable characters and intentionally slow pace. 1 1/2 stars
September 27, 2016
Scared the shit out of me
September 22, 2016
Not much happens, but hey lot of money means more of this....ha....