Paranormal Activity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity Reviews

October 23, 2016
Really good horror movie I enjoyed it a lot even though it was kind of long.
October 9, 2016
A very entertaining, and slightly creepy ghost movie. There is some logic errors like how none of them go to work. Besides that and the cheesy ending this movie certainly is one of the best ghost movies.
October 6, 2016
The slow buildup of tension as the paranormal activity increases in intensity is excellent. Katie Featherston is pretty good too.
October 6, 2016
Intense and scary. I enjoyed it not a lot, but I did enjoy it.
½ October 5, 2016
If your movie is going to intentionally look like crap, at least take the time to make it at least scary or entertaining. Paranormal Activity turned into the next big franchise after the Saw movies ended. The original ad campaign didn't do much for me so I never got around to seeing the movie until now.
Needless to say, I was not impressed. Not nearly enough happens in the movie to make up for the unlikable characters and intentionally slow pace. 1 1/2 stars
September 27, 2016
Scared the shit out of me
September 22, 2016
Not much happens, but hey lot of money means more of this....ha....
September 10, 2016
Paranormal Activity is scary and smart, the perfect combination.
September 8, 2016
if you haven't seen yet YOU HAFT TO best of horror its soon suspenseful
August 29, 2016
Say whatever you want about this film, but it's impossible to deny how incredibly effective it is. This will stick with you for quite a while.
August 27, 2016
ok FIRST OFF NOT AS SCARY AS SOME PEOPLE MADE IT SEEM LIKE IT WOULD BE!! It had a FEW moments (like one or two) and the alternate ending on the DVD is creepy. This movie starts off VERY SLOWLY, but small things eventually happen. One thing that kept annoying me about the movie/characters was the couple's REFUSAL to turn on lights and just use the camera light; who does this, honestly? Also, for those of you that believe it THIS IS NOT A REAL MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!! it even says at the end, and why would a real movie have 3 DIFFERENT ENDINGS!! I feel that Katie was the only one who had the most depth; Micah seemed like a jerk at times, and was poorly characterized and I just didn't feel that he was "real". Even the psychic was poorly developed (even though he was only in it like total of like 7 min). I do, however, like how they didn't actually show any ghosts, just what was happening; that gave it that extra edge and added a SLIGHT factor of creepiness. It was also cool to see the night shots and wonder what was going to happen, but sometimes disappointing when it was just simply a small noise. Some of the "tricks" are awesome editing/camera trickery and makes ya wonder how they were done (can't tell you without giving parts away). It also would have been little bit better to see more day shots, or see their breakdown more during the day (hard to explain what exactly I mean). All in all, DEFINITELY not the scariest movie, and not as scary as everyone made it out to be.
½ August 13, 2016
Interesting for a super low budget film, but ultimately almost nothing happens . The Rifftrax version is hilarious though
August 2, 2016
A thoroughly gripping horror flick, it lays the foundations for 'found-footage movies,' even with slightly weak narrative and flaws (which were built upon in future entries in the series). Strongest one so far.
Verdict: B+
August 2, 2016
Good movie! You will like it even more when you watch part 2 & 3 to understand the whole story!
½ July 30, 2016
Paranormal Activity is a slow burning found footage film that drags the first hour out with the odd scary bit, Then in the last 15 minutes it comes to life but not enough to make up for the first hour, The plot is simple but affective, A few scares but more freaky than anything.
½ July 29, 2016
"Scariest movie ever"? Not even close. There wasn't a scary scene in it!!
July 27, 2016
While things like shadows and bumps can be scary, the movie ruins it by adding in so many cheesy elements. Some points are plain laughable, and the ending is garbage. A silly film, which appears to be highly overrated.
July 22, 2016
The idea may be interesting even if totally unoriginal, while the story is developed in a careful pacing. But still, the movie feels like a mere silly trick to scare the audience and nothing else, though it isn't scary or intriguing.
July 17, 2016
I saw this in the best circumstances: In a packed theater full of screaming people. Bravo, Mr. Peli. Good stuff.
July 11, 2016
want 2 see this looks good some ppl say it's one of the most "realistic" scary movies hv 2 watch!!