Proxy Reviews

• Jun 21, 2020

Bad movies don't often end with me coming away disappointed in the human race. This one does that. The murder of a 3 year old child is used as some kind of ham handed attack on the American family cliche. This seems like a niche film for militant homosexuals to giggle over while it makes squares extremely uncomfortable. If so, well done...and screw you Zach Parker.

• Dec 03, 2019

EVERYONE, except maybe the husband, is a scumbag.

EVERYONE, except maybe the husband, is a scumbag.

• Oct 11, 2018

Holy molly . I was hesitant in commenting about this film . (Warning): There is extreme violence to a pregnant woman in the opening scene. There you have been (Warned) . Now watch is film. This film is fantastically out there. Every main character is crazy and suffers from narcissism . "No wonder I like it so much". Birds of a feather. The whole narrative gave me a David Lynch vibe. This horror mystery hard to ignore.

• Jul 03, 2018

Overall story was interesting enough to make this a good watch. I love movies that play with questions of morality and this one did so very well. I understand some performances are intentionally less genuine than others, but that doesn't excuse sloppy sound design. Over all I actually really liked this movie, it sure as hell wasn't boring.

• Dec 24, 2017

This stuff is messed up, man.

This stuff is messed up, man.

• Jul 29, 2017

While Proxy begins strong, it drags on, revealing how poorly made and flimsy it all is. It's definitely a twisted and bold story, but it's not made with enough craft or smarts to work effectively.

• Jun 07, 2016

Promising start, but miserably fell apart as it progressed. Stylistically exceptional indeed, but the lack of right intent tackling the storyline and its characters prevented this film from being something very special in my opinion.

• May 01, 2016

Powerful and depressing. Proxy is filled to the brim with drama and interesting characters. The story starts with Esther being attacked after her latest OB appointment, and losing the baby from the violent attack. She goes to a support group and things slowly go off the rails. Proxy succeeds through the wonderful performances and slow building tension throughout. Highly recommended.

• Jan 29, 2016

Started off very well. In fact, for a little while I had trouble understanding why this movie had so many mixed reactions. The music was good, it was going at a nice pace that was setting the mood, and the twists were pretty interesting. Then an hour in the main character is killed and it all falls apart in so many ways that it's almost baffling. The acting takes a nosedive, the movie starts to look its budget (and even cheaper), it plods along to the inevitable ending that doesn't really satisfy anyone. The entire second half could have been cut by probably 40 minutes and been more compelling. None of the characters were impossible to relate to, let alone actually like. The direction the movie takes is predictable, yet we're forced to suffer through long, tireless scenes of actors seemingly unsure what their motivations are, let alone how to deliver the bad dialogue. Just really disappointing after a pretty good first half.

• Jan 08, 2016

What a boring piece of turd this was. It had so much promise at the beginning, but it fell apart. The acting is terrible and the story is weak. It was an example of what happens when you have a good idea, but can't execute it.