P.S. I Love You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

P.S. I Love You Reviews

October 9, 2016
Love the song in this movie
October 7, 2016
Thank god Gerard Butler was adorable in the film, otherwise it would've sucked completely. This did absolutely no justice to the book.
September 30, 2016
Love this movie!!! I could watch this everyday!
½ September 26, 2016
Fantastic romantic film with parts of comedy. Definitely one to cry so bring your tissues. The chemistry is fantastic between butler and swank! People say it was clique but i have never seen a movie like this!I recommend it!
½ July 15, 2016
Es la película mas retorcida que he visto, y después se quejan de "el juego del miedo"
April 8, 2016
Best parts ~ Gerry singing karaoke & William's line "how about going barefoot for a while?"
½ April 7, 2016
why? tomatometer is 24%, even though audience score is 80%... I LOVE THIS MOVIE, THAT'S ALL.
March 19, 2016
could have been edited a little more with more dramatic scenes added.
March 1, 2016
I actually liked this movie. I saw this on like Starz or something like that and I really thought it was touching and sweet. I thought Kathy Bates did a wonderful job in this movie. I really thought this was a nice movie. Critics are assholes with romance movies. I had a nice time watching this movie.
½ February 26, 2016
hits the target audience but me ehh it mediocre
February 25, 2016
On so many levels, this story doesn't work. It's the story of a mourning widow who, within the first few months of her husband's death, was forced into relationships - yes, plural - by the least empathetic family and friends on the face of the planet. "You make a ravishing widow," they tell her at her husband's memorial service. Another friend accuses the widow of always trying to be the "center of attention" when she's still struggling with her loss 9 months after her husband's death.

Beyond the infuriating nature of the widow's relationship with her friends and family, most of the conversations throughout this movie felt artificial. It's like asking for orange juice and being given orange-flavored juice. It's not the same. It tastes weird; something's off.

Nothing about this movie was cute.
February 6, 2016
Its a movie about love...but more than that its about life and how one should move on. Watching this would make you feel like how much you really like the one in your life and you can never let him or her go.
I am single....and after watching this movieI felt like as in the words of Mr. Harry Connick, Jr.-"I wanna be someone's Gerry."
½ January 2, 2016
Simply a great film that will pull on your heart strings.
January 2, 2016
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
½ November 23, 2015
The acting is solid, but the overall premise is kind of creepy and morbid and the script was odd and unbelievable. Hilary Swank is Holly Kennedy, whose husband Gerry (Gerard Butler) dies of a brain tumour in the first 10 or so minutes. It turns out, however, that Gerry composed and arranged to have sent to Holly after his death several letters and even at least one tape recording. In theory, these messages are supposed to help Holly move on and find new love, but really, they seem to hold her back, re-living her time with Gerry as he reminisces about their first meeting (which gives a chance for Butler to show up in a few flashbacks). Meanwhile, a bartender (Harry Connick Jr.) in Holly's mother's bar starts hitting on the widow almost from the end of Gerry's wake. It's not clear whether this character is of low intelligence, is mentally challenged, or just plain rude. What is clear is that he's thoroughly bizarre, and although Connick Jr. tries gamely to make him likeable, he's just badly written. There is also a pointless sub-plot in which one of Holly's friends uses a 20-questions approach to find a mate. I was going to give the movie credit for avoiding the obvious ending, but then it went and fell right into the second-most obvious ending. It might be an okay date movie, if you haven't just had a death in the family. Otherwise, you're not missing anything by giving it a pass.
October 6, 2015
Si ce n'est pas le plus beau film d'amour qui existe jusqu'à prà (C)sent, c'est facilement dans le top 3. Le scà (C)nario est parfait et que dire de la trame sonore ; incroyable !
August 18, 2015
how does this get bad reviews? its amazing
August 13, 2015
P.S I love you is quite simply the best film ever!
½ June 21, 2015
Ihana leffa, yllätti positiivisesti! <3
½ May 27, 2015
77%
Saw this on 27/5/15
Hilary Swank gives a stale and unbearable performance as the romantic lead, but thanks to it's fine cinematography, good music and scenery, PS I Love you is worth the watch despite the number of cliches in it. Gerard Butler is at times really annoying, but better than Swank. However Kathy Bates, Lisa Kudrow and Harry Connick Jr gives better performances. The film is also a bit long for a romantic film, 1hr 30 mins should have been fairly sufficient.