Raising Arizona Reviews

• May 12, 2019

Raising Arizona is a 1987 comedy directed by Ethan Coen and Joel Coen. The Coen brothers in my opinion are two of the best directors from resent years, with such films under there belt as No Country For Old Men and Millers Crossing. The film stars Nicolas Cage as H. I. McDunnough and Holly Hunter as Edwina "Ed" McDunnough. The story in my opinion was intriguing, and really entertaining to watch unfold. The story also had some very unique plot choices especially toward the 3rd act. The acting I felt was very strong especially Nicolas Cage as H. I. McDunnough, I personally felt that he was a perfect fit for the character. The other actors were also strong from John Goodman to William Forsythe. The characters I found were very entertaining and portrayed well, ranging from various criminals to a devilish bounty hunter. The cinematography was strong with some very good hand held shots of various characters running from the law. The set designs costumes and makeup were also very strong, especially with H. I. McDunnough and the Snoat brothers. The film also has that unique Coen brothers style, from the colour scheme to how quickly aspects of the film escalate. The film also had some very good action that is mostly used for comedic effect. The music in the film is very strong and memorable, and also fits with the style of the film really well. The comedy in my opinion was really strong and had me laughing out loud throughout most of the runtime of the film. Personally I found the film really enjoyable and something that I hope to watch again in the near future. Over all I give it a 7/10 78% 3.9/5 One of the funniest films I've seen this year

• Jan 09, 2019

No big deal but lots of charm and humor -Typical Coen brothers signature at it's 100%.

• Dec 22, 2018

Laugh-out-loud funny. You gotta see it twice to pick up all the things you missed the first time from laughing.

• Nov 27, 2018

This is an absolutely hilarious movie. A must see!

This is an absolutely hilarious movie. A must see!

• Nov 26, 2018

I really enjoyed the quirkiness of this film, especially the characters and directional style. I heard this was a good one and didn't know it was the Coen brothers initially. This is one of their better films IMO and I like when they stick more to less serious films like this. Their films tend to be hit or miss for me. Anyways I wanted to see this one because I heard the cinematography was really good and it was good not great (I've seen a lot better), and that's not the reason why I liked this film. Also its hard to make a desert film where the cinematography isn't gorgeous. What I liked best about this film was the humor, the oddball characters n romance story, the camerawork-angles and inventive action scenes, the music, the idioms and just how creative and how u didn't know what was coming next.

• Nov 01, 2018

Nicolas Cage as the lovable yet ultimately misguided "Hi" is almost perfect casting. A wonderful ensemble piece that wallows in its middle-america setting, characters and storytelling.

• Oct 27, 2018

It's like a live action looney tunes film. I love the setting and characters but it is over indulgent at certain points.

• Oct 06, 2018

This hilarious cult classic features delightful performances from its great cast and myriad absurdities making the plot unpredictable and the humor even more delicious in a fashion eminent to the Coen brothers.

• Oct 04, 2018

Raising Arizona is perfect. Ethan and Joel Coen provide a unique story, with creative writing that is executed well by Cage and Hunter.

• Sep 29, 2018

Already I can tell Im gonna like this movie just because it does;t take itself too seriously. I love the way this movie just rolls right along setting up the plot piece by piece with all it's charm and humor. This legit seems like the kind of shit that happens in Podunk redneck places. That one couple that came to visit with five kids were so fucking annoying. Especially Glenn with his shitty jokes. The brothers were sure entertaining. Great movie. I had fun watching it and it made me laugh a couple times. I got to watch it again.