Reviews

• 1d ago

Good movie. Easy to watch good action well made. Wish it would have stuck closer to the book. That would have made it 5 stars.

• Oct 06, 2021

I'll just start by addressing the elephant in the room and saying this movie is really astonishing to look at, which doesn't really mean everything is pretty or that everything is creative because the point of this movie is a place where all your nostalgia bate dreams come true. Talking about that, this movie has a surprisingly solid story for one that is based on so many different others, not amazing or amazingly smart even but still good enough to make an enticing mcguffin hunt with okay enough characters in most places. Except the villain that is, no matter how well Ben Mendelsohn plays him his entire motivation is advertising makes money and i will kill entire peoples randomly for money. On top of this, the backstory for the technology and stuff does painfully feel like it was written by someone who thinks gaming is the most important thing in the world making the movie very weird to watch for anyone who doesn't really care about this kind of random pop culture in varing levels of popularity. This would be more okay if the movie didn't take itself as seriously as it does but unfortunately it doesn't make one joke or light comment about how it's weird a bunch of kids are saving something (yes, the stakes aren't really clear either) through the power of kindof nerdy knowledge, seriously though you don't have to be a cool nerd to have seen the shining. What a amazing looking, averagly written bunch of nostalgia bate.

• Oct 04, 2021

Weighed down by an over-reliance on nostalgia and spectacle, Ready Player One is a bloated and endlessly frantic tribute to other superior media. In desperate need of an editor, Player has a runtime of what feels like 24 hours. Unfortunately, there's no amount of expensive CGI or bombastic action that can compensate for its shockingly dull and obnoxiously elongated excuse for a plot. Save your quarters and your time unless you don't value either.

• Oct 03, 2021

I've seen twitch, but at least they put some drama in it. The Nostalgia is really it's undoing.

• Oct 02, 2021

Honestly this move was awesome! The graphics and storyline was amazing and I cannot fault this movie at all even aced the ending. I was so invested that the time flew by.. one of those movies that that takes you away

• Oct 01, 2021

Ready Player one is better then free guy and i'll say it again another 264x

Ready Player one is better then free guy and i'll say it again another 264x

• Sep 26, 2021

Great visual treat in Steven Spielberg’s thrill ride of 2018!

Great visual treat in Steven Spielberg’s thrill ride of 2018!

• Sep 14, 2021

love the graphics and the way they showed each icon to the fullest

love the graphics and the way they showed each icon to the fullest

• Sep 11, 2021

I thought it was a great movie you can watch more than a few times and still enjoy it. Great visuals and action. Spielberg is the man.

• Sep 06, 2021

The presentation of the movie is great, it's pleasing to watch. I liked the premise of how people choose to express themselves and there was a great cast of characters. However, the story is a bit of a letdown. Lots of things don't really make sense. Without going into spoilers, the main issue I had was how inconsistently the power level of the main antagonistic force was presented. It was alright to watch but I think it's better to just turn your brain off and enjoy the shiny lights when watching this one.