Ready Player One Reviews

• 1d ago

This is an Epic movie with an excellent cast. it felt like watching a very long Video game cutscene and I loved the other movies and game references and Easter eggs. the Chemistry of the 5 main characters I liked and the CGI was perfect. the main thing I loved about this film was the Creativity and Imagination behind all the characters/Creatures.

• Sep 11, 2020

This movie is NOTHING like the book except for character names and various scene names. So disappointing. I expected better from Spielberg. I suggest that you do not read the book before seeing the movie. You may like it a lot better that way.

• Sep 10, 2020

Awesome movie! My son and I love the references throughout the movie.

Awesome movie! My son and I love the references throughout the movie.

• Sep 06, 2020

I fear that this is what the future will look like!

I fear that this is what the future will look like!

• Sep 05, 2020

I think this was a very good movie, I think what makes it even better is there really is no other movie like it (probably because it is based off of a book). That being said I think they should have stuck a little bit more to how the book went. Not character design wise, story wise. The reason I am saying this is because in the book Wade deals with more real world problems that he just wants to escape but really can't. In the movie Wade just seems to deal with problems in the Oasis and not so much with the real world. But overall I think this movie deserves a solid 80% the graphics were amazing and the characters were pretty funny.

• Sep 04, 2020

I thought this was a great story along with being visually pleasing and I can see a sequel coming

• Aug 30, 2020

Great fantastic nostalgia fest starring the kid from the new xmen movies and mud directed by one of the best directors of all time, Steven Spielberg and you can tell that he put an effort into this movie, at least for effort than bfg. The people are wondering if this movie has too many Easter eggs and watching this movie on easter Sunday right after finding a ton of plastic eggs with chocolate inside and then watching this, I found this movie to not have enough Easter eggs. Warner brothers advertised lost boys and more lost boys. I love lost boys and I was disappointed that not a slight reference happened. They had a poster that replicated lost boys but not any references, that's my only problem with the movie. The cgi was pretty good like tron legacy.

• Aug 27, 2020

Solid, lively sci-fi action drama is exciting, but is so overladen with pop cultural references, trivia and original ideas that it mars a lot of the entertainment it wants to offer.

• Aug 23, 2020

To be honest, I love this film! This goes down in one of my favorite movies of all time!!! An absolute must see!!

• Aug 23, 2020

The quest was dumbed down and stakes lowered when compared to the (much better) book. Once it was obvious that essentially none of the elements from the book were retained, I stopped caring. There were essentially no improvements made in this version.