Red Tails Reviews
- As a mechanic yanks a chunk of mangled iron out of a plane he asks the pilot "What is the matter with you? Did someone throw a train at you or something?"
- It was part of a train. He had just blown up a train.
- Apparently, using colored airmen to fly planes in the war was an experiment.
- A pilot is visiting the house he saw from the air of a lady on the roof. He liiiiiiiiiikes her.
- Aww. Mom is going on the date with them!
- THAT was a sick ass maneuver. Holy balls.
- Oh the destruction...the beautiful fiery destruction...
- I've now heard 4 different slurs for German pilots.
- Best line: "If arrogant is the only word people use to describe me, well, I think I'm making progress."
- He...he just played chicken with a German fighter jet.
Frankly, the only reason this movie was made is because it was about a group of black pilots. I would much rather someone made a movie about Hub Zemke's Wolfpack, the fighter group that established American fighter doctrine and produced the leaders of the fighter war over Europe, than a politically correct, inaccurate movie.
I'm going to start with a question. Have any of you ever seen a World War II movie? Not like Saving Private Ryan, an actual World War II movie, made during WWII?
That's what this movie is in every way a WWII propaganda movie down to lighting.
Looking at it from that perspective it fits right in with a George Lucas type of flick. Just like Star Wars filled the modern day Saturday morning serial, Red Tails filled the role of propaganda film made 60 years late.
(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)