Return to Sender Reviews

• Sep 16, 2018

Why did I watch this..made no sense and was really boring from time to time..

Why did I watch this..made no sense and was really boring from time to time..

• Aug 12, 2018

Very predictable, but still enjoyable. Good actors.

Very predictable, but still enjoyable. Good actors.

• Mar 25, 2018

should've been a lifetime movie.

should've been a lifetime movie.

• Feb 01, 2018

this movie is crazy! Definitely worth watching

this movie is crazy! Definitely worth watching

• Jan 03, 2018

People talk of triggers. This had it in spades. This is an updated version of the play "Extremeties". It may have been a dumb idea to some, but I like that she took revenge and empowered herself in the end. Very predictable, but some satisfaction.

• Sep 28, 2017

Loved loved loved. Rosamund Pike is spot on. These types of roles were made for her.

• Jul 11, 2017

No plot movie with Rosamund Pike starring in yet another controversial film after sleeper hit "Gone Girl". She stars as a certified nurse, Miranda Wells finding it hard to adjust to normality after she's brutally assaulted. She would then find some solace by contacting her attacker, William Finn (Shiloh Fernandez) by sending him letters while in serving his assault sentence in prison-hence the title "Return To Sender". What happens next is a series of events which has some remnants of Takeshi Miike's "Audition".

• Jarrin R Super Reviewer
    Feb 07, 2017

The concept for this film is a little bazaar. All the acting outside of Pike's character is pretty bad. The film is even boring at times and has some unnecessary and unexplained elements.

• Dec 22, 2016

I think this movie does exactly what art suppose to do, that is, push the boundaries of morality and what feels comfortable to watch or even ponder about... The storyline presents us with a story of a woman with rather serious issues on the spectrum of psychopathy, we actually don't know how far back they go and what are the reasons for it, the male character is rather 'troubled' as well. The father figure represents the common society that neither of the two other characters fit in to (that can be observed through constantly awkward interactions of these two with the external world) on a very deep intimate level. The movie lefts you wonder how this story could progress if there was no character of the father dictating what is 'right and wrong', the fact is, our society does not deal with issues of these sort, but avoids them. I think it was a challenging piece, intense to watch, confusing, messed up, but emotionally and intellectually engaging.

• Nov 16, 2016