Rich Kids Reviews

• May 12, 2014

makes manhattan look like a playground for the rich

makes manhattan look like a playground for the rich

• Mar 14, 2011

Monday, March 14, 2011 (1979) Rich Kids DRAMA Don't let the title fool you for it's really about realization among two Manhattan kids experiencing parent seperation or break-up! Quite effective and realization piece about two underage kids who're incabable to understand and doesn't take no sides in the issue for it balances it out! The downside is the medicre acting and the old 70s feel but after the first 40 minutes becomes very reasonating! 3 out of 4

• Jan 10, 2011

Good movie but I want the DVD badly

Good movie but I want the DVD badly

• Jan 09, 2011

A surprisingly smart film from 1979, totally unknown to me. Two twelve year olds, played by Trini Alvarado and Jeremy Levy, go to school on the Upper West Side in Manhattan. They explore their parents' broken marriages, and innocent youthful infatuation, with a wild climax involving a waterbed, a bubble bath and many sets of parents their new relationships: girlfriend, second husband, lawyer, employee, etc. Among the parents are a young John Lithgow and a young Kathryn Walker (the former girlfriend of Doug Kenney, founder of National Lampoon, an author of Animal House and Caddyshack, and other projects. He jumped off a cliff in depression when he thought Caddyshack was a flop. Kathryn Walker then married James Taylor. Now she's written a roman a clef about it all. And then there's Trini Alvarado, who has gone on to star in many films. And the young man who played her boyfriend, Jeremy Levy? He's now a professor of astro-physics at the University of Pittsburgh. Smart film, produced by Robert Altman, with other stars including Irene Worth and Olympia Dukakis. Neat.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 06, 2010

A pretty good drama about divorce. The young actors are really good, too. The ending was the only part I didn't care for, it could have been better.

• Sep 03, 2010

Neurotic children of divorce in what's basically a very high quality after-school special, which starts out cute but ends up too low-key to have much of an impact. Kind of worth seeing for the nostalgia vibe and late 70's New York setting - so if you're really into that era NYC and are running out of Woody Allen and Neil Simon movies, there are some pretty cool apartments in this one. Which is a weird recommendation, I know. I was originally going to talk about how we all should miss Trini Alvarado, but she's just okay here. Which is still pretty impressive, given how young she is here.

• Jul 29, 2010

This movie really hits home for me, the portrayals of the divorcing parents is spot on. Great acting in this movie, even from the kids. The only part I found incredible was the ending.