The Road to El Dorado - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Road to El Dorado Reviews

April 23, 2017
i loved this movie as a kid and as an adult
½ March 31, 2017
"The Road to El Dorado" is a fast paced and colourfully animated film that appears to be a lot of fun, but it does not offer much substance due to its lack of character development and predictable plot.
March 31, 2017
The Road To El Dorado is a fitting choice to put on my list of the masterpieces in film and on the list of my favorite Dreamworks films.
I was laughing, I was engaged and I was having fun all in one movie.
With its unpredictable story, humor that often hits, gorgeous animation, very memorable characters and a great score, this is definitely worth checking out.
Story:10|10
Visuals:9|10
Characters:10|10
Soundtrack:10|10
Overall:10|10(TEN OUTTA TEN!)
March 22, 2017
you all understand that this is a movie designed for kids and their parents its neither historically correct or has depth but it doesn't have to be have you seen the lion king for fucks sake, and have you seen the insulting fucked movies of today, don't you guys have actually shitty movies to bitch about, it's a damn good movie maybe you should all smoke a blunt because y'all have a sticks up your asses.
March 16, 2017
This movie is great a lot of comedy and interesting plot this graphic and music is terrific I love it a great childhood movie.
March 15, 2017
Great movie and beautiful animation. Its a movie I enjoying sharing with my kids.
½ February 27, 2017
Eh, I like it kind of, didn't do anything great, it's fine
February 9, 2017
I laughed a lot. Very cute movie that I enjoyed. On to another!
February 6, 2017
OK, now let me tell you something, guys, you know this movie, right? Me and my Nathan really really love this movie. We quoted all the lines, we singing the songs from it and we know every single second from it by heart. It's pure entertainment! Every single scene, every single second of this film is just non-stop fun! Quotes are like:
Depart mortal, before we strike you with a lightning bolt!
Beware the wrath of the Gods! Be gone! Kkh kkh!
Save it for the High Priest, honey, you're gonna need it.
Kkh kkh!
Miguel, it's not working.
Kkh kkh!
Miguel, you've been caught!
Kkh kkh!

Miguel. Miguel, wake up. We're there.
We found it!
Oh, yeah. We found it!
Fantastic! Where is it? How far?
Right here.
Where?
Here.
Behind the rock?
No, no. This is it.
But, but... Give me that! This can't...
Apparently, ''El Dorado'' is native for... GREAT... BIG.. ROCK!
Hey, but I'll tell you what: I'm feeling generous, so you can have my share!
You don't think Cortes could've gotten here before us and... and..
And what? Taken all the really big rocks? The SCOUNDREL!
Tulio! We... we've have to think about this, I... I mean we come all this way and... we... we... we... we should...
Get... on... the horse!
No, no, not with the face. Stop. Looks like there's a pass right over there.

...and many more.
So Tulio and Miguel was voiced by Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh are going to the city of gold also known as El Dorado to find gold along with Altivo. They come across Tzekel-Kan voiced by Armand Assante, the chief and Chel. The songs are by Elton John and Tim Rice who worked on The Lion King however Hans Zimmer composed this movie with John Powell. The songs are upbeat and catchy as hell like the ones which Elton John sings apart from one song that is my personal favorite ''It's Tough To Be A God''. Me and Nathan have been singing it while we're travel training from our old school. This song will be stuck in my head for ages. I know everybody says that. The animation is (as always) is brilliant and that's it. That's all I can say about it. If you guys haven't seen it go watch it, you won't regret it. I mean, where would you be? You're missing out! Me and my friend Nathan Tolson loved it. It's very underrated! I'm surprised that I found out it's a box office bomb in the recent years and didn't make any sequels.
February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 21, 2017
animated masterpiece
½ January 19, 2017
Funny, smart and super entertaining at any age. It have been one of my favourite movies since childhood.
January 19, 2017
The Road to El Dorado is the most underrated animated film ever made by DreamWorks Animation. All thanks to its fun and engaging story, great humour, colourfully impressive animation, loveable characters, enjoyable songs by Elton John and Tim Rice, the same people who made the music of The Lion King, and the main characters Tulio and Miguel who are some of the best animated duos of all animated films. This is a forgotten underrated classic that DreamWorks fans can enjoy. 5 out of 5 stars.
January 18, 2017
Funny and entertaining, with a great soundtrack. Great family movie.
½ January 12, 2017
an entertaining animated film thats kind of under-appreciated in my opinion. It has some problems, but i still recommend checking this out.
January 10, 2017
One of my favourite movies from my childhood; funny, fresh and still entertaining as an adult. A great movie with heartfelt character development, a stroy that not only make sense but has a great moral underlay for children (and adults) and it's beautiful (meguIle and tulios character design is some of my favourite work). Sure it's not going to win any oscars but, hey its still a solid movie and definitely worth a watch.
December 24, 2016
One of my favorite movies. So many quotes make this a great movie.
December 12, 2016
i dont get why poeple hate this movie,the characters were good,the story was decent and the songs were amazing! why do poeple hate this movie?
December 1, 2016
The Road to El Dorado is an adventurous tale that keeps you on the edge of your seat. The main characters Tulio and Miguel voiced by Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh are goofy con-artist who live in spain. Their mischievous schemes land them in a bit of a pickle, but they also acquire a map to the legendary city of gold known as El Dorado. However their map to gold leads them to more trouble they have to con their way out of. While trying to get out of their mess they end up gaining an unwanted friend, a smart war horse named Altivo who adds on to their crazy adventure. Throughout their adventure they make close friends and even enemies. Their unexpected expedition is not only hilarious for kids, but for adults as well. The plot and personalities of the characters make the movie what it is. Dreamworks has created a Disney like movie, so if you like the singing Disney Movies with a great plot this movie is for you. I've seen this movie countless times most of them being when I was young, but I have recently watched it and it still holds up to the reputation I gave it as a kid.
½ November 20, 2016
Nice animation, fantastic soundtrack from Elton John and a likeable cast.