The Road to El Dorado - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Road to El Dorado Reviews

August 22, 2017
The Road to El Dorado is a good example of what happens when you put strong characters in a weak story. Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh play off each other in a highly entertaining way, but everything else feels forced or clichéd. The musical numbers are completely forgettable, as well. It's a shame we didn't get to see Tulio and Miguel in another setting.
August 20, 2017
Completely underrated. The backgrounds and expressive character animation alone are enough to enthrall me with every rewatch. It's clear that a lot of love was put into this production.
August 10, 2017
SO FUNNY!!! Lots of great quotes. Should not have such a low rating.
August 5, 2017
While not as good as 'The Prince of Egypy' [1998] The Animation, Characters, and Dialogue (Mostly between Tulio and Miguel) is engaging for good time. Many say it's not for kids or adults, I loved this as a kid and love it as an adult. And the music... my god!
August 4, 2017
This film is the best film ever! I have burnt out 2 Videos and 1 DVD of this. I have a DVD at home, one at my mums and the film downloaded on my phone as it has been my favourite film for years now and I don't get bored of It! Yes, I may be able to recite the script and know everything that is going to happen in the film but it is perfect to me. With the colourful animations, the witty humour and fantastic storyline, it is a feel good film that anyone can enjoy! I'm aware it's aimed at children, but as a 29 year old, why can't I escape from the real world for 90 mins? Everyone should give this a go as a lighthearted break!
½ July 31, 2017
El Dorado may not be the best or original cartoon adventure out there, but it does not stop it from being a fun-filled adventure.
July 29, 2017
This is horribly underrated. The music is so well done, and yes, the plot is simple but take it for what it is - a fun movie
July 23, 2017
Why are critics so split on this movie? I love it! It takes a story we've heard about a million times before, and it does a clever spin on it! You know the story where a character lies by pretending to be something or someone he/she is not, but then their lie eventually becomes discovered by the other characters, and the main character is shunned for the lie, but then makes up for it by saving the day? That never happens in this movie! Well, OK, there is one character that learns that our two protagonists are not who they claim to be, but there is never once a single moment in the movie where everyone is making a big fuss about it! Now, isn't that refreshing to witness in a movie? Also, it features marvelous hand-drawn animation, and a large cast of unforgettable characters, and the chemistry between Tulio and Miguel is one of the biggest highlights of this entire feature film! If you haven't seen this movie yet, definitely do so! It is one of those underrated gems in a sea of underrated gems!
July 18, 2017
Classic for all ages, it is funny, it is creative, and it tells the story of two best friends thrown into a whole new world facing all kinds of trouble.
July 8, 2017
i absolutely adore this film. ive watched it more times then i can count and i really wish this film got more attention then it did
½ June 26, 2017
The big issue is the thin and flat side characters
the other issue which is the small one is the weak voice acting performance by Rosie Perez
June 19, 2017
A fun adventure with likeable characters

8.6/10
June 1, 2017
Standard fair that doesn't live up to others like Prince of Egypt.
May 25, 2017
Stunning movie and the characters are hilarious
½ May 12, 2017
The Road To El Dorado is on the list of my favorite Dreamworks films.
I was laughing, I was engaged and I was having fun all in one movie.
With its unpredictable story, humor that often hits, gorgeous animation, very memorable characters and a great score, this is definitely worth checking out.
Story:10|10
Visuals:8|10
Characters:10|10
Soundtrack:10|10
Overall:9|10.
May 5, 2017
This has been a family favorite. Love watching this movie over and over and still laugh end enjoy it every time.
April 23, 2017
i loved this movie as a kid and as an adult
½ March 31, 2017
"The Road to El Dorado" is a fast paced and colourfully animated film that appears to be a lot of fun, but it does not offer much substance due to its lack of character development and predictable plot.
March 22, 2017
you all understand that this is a movie designed for kids and their parents its neither historically correct or has depth but it doesn't have to be have you seen the lion king for fucks sake, and have you seen the insulting fucked movies of today, don't you guys have actually shitty movies to bitch about, it's a damn good movie maybe you should all smoke a blunt because y'all have a sticks up your asses.
March 16, 2017
This movie is great a lot of comedy and interesting plot this graphic and music is terrific I love it a great childhood movie.