The Road to El Dorado - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Road to El Dorado Reviews

October 13, 2016
I laughed a lot. Very cute movie that I enjoyed. On to another!
½ October 8, 2016
Why does anyone like this movie? It sucks. Real bad.
September 11, 2016
Hilarious and a fun-packed adventure. One of my favorite animation movies out there.
September 5, 2016
Growing up, I remember seeing trailers for this movie on various VHS Tapes and DVD's. I always thought to myself, "This movie looks so cool! It looks funny and has lots of action and adventure in it." But for some reason, I waited 16 more years to see it. Right off the bat, I thought this movie was going to live up to the height. The jokes were making me laugh and it seemed like I was in for a wild ride to the ancient city of El Dorado. But quickly, the jokes got old, the characters became forgettable and the adventure quickly came to a hault. Also, did I mention this is a musical? Well... kinda. Sometimes the characters sing but sometimes you just hear them sing in the background similar to what Phil Collins did in Tarzan. Every single one of them forgettable. This was just kind of a blah movie. Which is sad because the two main characters are very funny and have great chemistry and the film does nothing with it. Overall, a bit dissappointing. There are certainly better animated adventures out there.
August 19, 2016
Classic kids movie that I grew up with. Sadly it seems to not be as popular as certain DISNEY flicks but still worth a watch.
August 16, 2016
Amazing humor,animation,story,characters, writing,cast,songs,& music. I'm actually surprised that it came out the same year as The Emperors New Groove, even though that movie was so much better, there's no doubt that this is one of Dreamwork's best.
½ July 16, 2016
A very good,funny and adventurefull film.
½ July 10, 2016
In all fairness, it is one of DreamWorks' more forgettable films (after all this movie did bomb at the box office, a rare occurrence in DreamWorks Animation movies). However the film is still sporadically amusing tanks to its vibrant, colourful animation, great songs from Elton John and Tim Rice (in spite of not being a musical) and worthy vocal performances from Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh. So overall if you forgive the film's predictability and occasionally thin writing, The Road to El Dorado is sure to entertain viewers of all ages.
½ July 3, 2016
Visually lush and filled with fun and colourful characters, the Road to El Dorago doesn't break any new ground but shows off the great voice over talents of Kline and Branagh alongside a catchy soundtrack. The film is ultimately let down by its lack of antagonist, leading to a lacklustre finale which in this movie should have had a lot more adventure.
July 2, 2016
predictable story and non expected ending, made me look it twice. Looking for new version of it.
June 4, 2016
In the Road to El Dorado a pair of thieves (Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh) obtain a map to the legendary city of gold El Dorado. They embark on a journey to find this hidden city, and when they do they are deemed gods. They must keep the local villagers in believing that despite the suspicions of a woman and a villainous god worshiper. The El Dorado features forgettable songs and for the most part characters that are not too interesting. The movie had potential to be a great adventure film, but instead focuses too much on the rouse of pretending to be gods, and has a lackluster finish. As with most of the Dreamwork Productions, the film demonstrates why Disney remains the better producer of animated films.
May 30, 2016
Awesome adventure with miquel and tulio. It is amazing and to many people underrate this movie
½ April 20, 2016
Solid animated DWA flick, but the songs don't hold up against the Disney classics.
April 15, 2016
This movie really should have had a better reception in my opinion. The animation is wonderful and the story line is very funny. The two main characters provide effective slapstick comedy.
February 20, 2016
The Road to El Dorado is a beautifully animated film with fun characters an a enjoyable premise, along with catchy musical numbers. Its a very underrated film in my opinion and has great voice performance from Kenneth Branagh and Kevin Kline.
February 14, 2016
Cool, fun, humorous underated movie.
February 13, 2016
The Road to El Dorado is a beautiful movie with great animation, interesting characters and wonderful story! If you like adventure and history this is the film for you!!! Don't listen to the "tamatometer" and give this movie a chance.

"Elton John's music brings spirit to film!"
February 4, 2016
This was a funny comity about 2 wanted people named McGill and Tulio and they set out for him and venture to go to El Dorado and they make a good team. The Music to this movie was good The music was by Elton John. So you should see this movie!
I consider this movie to be comedy and adventure!!
½ February 3, 2016
One of my all time favourite films, with amazing musical numbers to compliment the scenes. The film accurately portrays the value of friendship as well as subtly, implying the inherent desire to be loved as well as be successful.