Room on the Broom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Room on the Broom Reviews

March 3, 2016
Kids will love this movie.
December 27, 2015
This is watched daily in our house! Love the animation, the narration, voices and the humor.
October 31, 2015
wonderful children's animated movie that is entertaining and teaches an important lesson about acceptance and how to get along
½ October 23, 2015
"Room On The Broom" is a cute, non-challenging animated film. Despite its 27-minute run time, the story is presented slowly. Talented voice actors are wasted -- and frankly, other than narrator Simon Pegg, it's impossible to confidently tell that any of the credited stars actually voiced anything in the woof-, meow-, and ribbit-laden dialogue. The sound and sound editing are low-budget knockoffs of something straight out of your kids' favorite Saturday morning cartoon shows. The animation looks like it's from the latest Spyro video game. It's all put together for a nice, pleasant story, but I doubt you'd be willing to sit through the film more than once.
½ October 5, 2015
That's my witch!

A kind witch and her cat randomly run into some pets that have lost their things. The witch places the pets on her broom and take off in hopes of finding their lost items; unfortunately, the weight is too much, allowing a dragon to see them and bring them down. Now the dragon wants to eat the witch, unless the pets and cat can save her.

"Just this once I'll have witch without fries."

Max Lang and Jan Lanchauer combine to deliver Room of the Broom in their directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is very fun and entertaining. It was interesting to see a good witch for a change, the jealous cat was funny, and the animation style was good. The voices were also well selected and include Simon Pegg, Gillian Anderson, Martin Clunes, Sally Hawkins, and Rob Brydon.

"Over the fields and the forest they flew."

We came across this on Netflix and decided it would be fun to watch with my daughter. This was a very fun and entertaining picture. The animation was a bit rigid but better than I anticipated and I adored the fun and unique manner by which the content was delivered. This is definitely a fun watch for the entire family.

"No hat could be found..."

Grade: B-
June 30, 2015
Room on a Broom is a pleasant short film about a kindly witch.
May 20, 2014
This house favourite has everything going for it.
March 27, 2014
From Magic Light Pictures, which brought you the Oscar nominated animated shorts, The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child in the past few years. The British company adapts another children's book with a celebrity cast. The characters and rhyming story are amusing.
March 8, 2014
Out of all shorts films in the Oscars, this one is my favorite.
½ February 25, 2014
Cute, funny, and more than a little heart-warming.
½ February 22, 2014
I was wondering if The Gruffalo would be Magic Light Pictures only children's book gem, but Room on the Broom won me over. It does a wonderful job working in emotion, environment, and wonder between lines of narration. This is truly one to see.
February 4, 2014
Sweet animated short about how a kind deed never goes unpunished, but always wins out in the end. CDW
January 18, 2014
From the German studio behind CN's Gumball and BBC's children's special The Gruffalo, comes another beautiful and technically innovative adaption of British author, Julia Donaldson's, unique children's literature.
January 17, 2014
I need to start out by saying, that Room on the Broom (available August 6th!) is not a Halloween movie. The movie is based on a marvelous Julia Donaldson book and is a great read for any time of year. But, seeing a witch on a broomstick reminds me of Halloween. I can't help it. And that reminds me of fall -- my favorite time of year. But alas, we're still in the middle of summer so I better enjoy that while it lasts. Room on the Broom comes from the same people who brought us the fantastic Gruffalo DVDs (also based on Julia Donaldson books). If you have a young child and haven't seen these movies, you and your kids are missing out. I don't say that lightly and not very often, but these movies are just that great. They are high quality and meaningfully done. Not only that, but your kids will be absolutely captivated by them. As a bonus, they are educational because you can read the books with your kids and then compare and contrast the stories and talk more about the characters and little literary or visual devices such as rhyming, description, and interesting background visuals in the movies.
August 9, 2013
This is the cutest movie you can rent based on an original story. The book is great, but the movie is even better. It is asome! Your kids need to see it, and you too!
August 5, 2013
Haha great and its just exactly as the book goes
August 2, 2013
Loved it. From the makers of The Gruffalo.