Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda Reviews

• Nov 17, 2020

My blog with hot videos https://tinyurl.com/mypersonalyblog

My blog with hot videos https://tinyurl.com/mypersonalyblog

• Nov 14, 2020

An intimate and poignant portrait of the greatest living composer. Sakamoto dialogues with Nature and lays himself bare by telling us about the disease that has struck him. Speaking of Bach he says that "his chorales were the voice of a people who were suffering, hungry, dying of the plague. The music inspired by Fukushima must be the choral of my times, with its tragedies". Masterpiece.

• Nov 13, 2020

Sometimes you don't know you need to see a film until you see it. This is one of those films. Recommended most highly.

• Nov 04, 2020

Brilliant movie but very violet and could not watch again

Brilliant movie but very violet and could not watch again

• Nov 02, 2020

Goes deep into the creative process and mentality of Sakamoto - who is an absolute genius with an incredible body of work. He reflections and passion are captured with wonderful authenticity. I listen to his music often. --- this film is a treasure.

• Oct 17, 2018

Really glad to have seen this inspiring movie... to spent a moment observing Mr. Sakamoto's thoughts and life also his method of creating masterpieces. The way he sees/thinks about his music is exceptional and get me thinking about myself...my way of perceiving arts! Human forces nature to create a piece of art. Nature has its own way in doing so as well. Untidiness and formlessness might actually be the art of nature. This way of thinking is explained in the movie through a piano surviving tsunami....and I feel like...this is the first time I really understand "such a cliche say" A true artist...a real legend. May god bless him with power and strength to fight the cancer ??????

• Oct 15, 2018

Sakamoto returns to music after battling cancer. A new outlook on life leads him to create his next masterpiece. This is an intimate look into the life of the man and Oscar-winning film composer. This documentary made me want to leave and create something. It was so inspiring. I didn't know until I saw the trailer that this was the composer of "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence"- a long-lost favorite song of mine. You get to see the joy this man gets from discovering that perfect sound. He does the weirdest things to find it. He travels across the world just to unearth that pure sound. Through who he is, what he does, what he says, you know this is what he lives for. You can feel it. This is such a beautiful portrait of an artist. So inspiring.

• Aug 02, 2018

One of the finest, most moving films I've ever seen.

One of the finest, most moving films I've ever seen.