The Santa Clause - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Santa Clause Reviews

December 8, 2016
Oh I just watched it sometimes.
½ December 3, 2016
It's silly, but it's supposed to be. The Santa Clause finds Tim Allen in fine form and is one of the most underappreciated Christmas films.
November 27, 2016
It's a movie about becoming Santa Clause, need I say more?
November 10, 2016
November 9th 2016
October 18, 2016
My favorite Christmas story
August 16, 2016
I don't know what it is about Tim Allen, but he just gets me. When he's trying to be funny, it doesn't always seem like it's on purpose. That's a part of what I think makes The Santa Clause work so well. There is one particular scene where he's delivering a canoe to a family. He gets so frustrated with the little girl asking the typical questions that normal kids do that he ends up throwing the paddle. Seeing him so flustered is just hilarious to me. It's the same exact reason I laughed so hard at Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa. Two entirely different movies of course, yet they manage to hit your funny bone in exactly the same way. Allen's acting is superb and he manages to keep the laughs coming throughout the film. If you haven't seen it yet, I feel like this is one you can watch during any time of the year and still get a kick out of it. I give it an 85.
June 21, 2016
Fun family film with a good Tim Allen performance.
May 16, 2016
its a good movie and I hope this movie will be on Netflix us streaming,
½ February 25, 2016
This is a must see for Christmas, it's cute, sweet and funny.
½ February 16, 2016
It was an instant classic Christmas movie! Tim Allen is fantastic!
February 7, 2016
This is a good Christmas movie starring Tim Allen and good music and funny parts to this movie people might get a kick and laugh in this movie I thought it was ok but I like the sequels butter
January 16, 2016
Stupid, but likeable at times
December 31, 2015
The Santa Clause marks Tim Allen as his first movie debut, and it's a great start on his career. The plot is about a businessman who's divorced and has custody of his son. So when they went to bed, Santa was on the roof which made a ruckus and woke them up. Scott Calvin goes outside, accidentally spook Santa to the point that he fell off the roof and died. Scott puts on the coat on, and then he starts to become Santa. Tim Allen has the comedic timing in it and really holds out as a main star of the film. Some of the effects are nice, while some of it look laughably bad. The plot is going to be a bit of a split for viewers that'll either hate it because they seen it before and it's annoying, or they just think it's fine. I'm somewhat in the middle, a bit towards the positive because I have seen this before and know where it's going, but the movie didn't do too much of it to the point that I start groaning at it. The jokes are solid in this and they give me a laugh, although there are some childish jokes that are for the little kids. There are some sweet moments in there, and it's charming to watch that fits in with the Christmas spirit. The Santa Clause is an enjoyable film that I'm a bit worried, but looking forward, about the sequels that I'm gonna watch next.
December 26, 2015
This movie is just christmas in 97 minutes. Its a classic and Tim Allen at his very best. Its a film which will be enjoyed for years to come and is a must christmas watch if your in need for getting into the christmas spirit. Its charming, funny and perfect for the whole family on christmas eve.
December 23, 2015
I don't like the fake disney polish or the crude jokes, but the Santa Clause has elements that are heart warming and real.
½ December 23, 2015
Good holiday movie and Tim Allen hits so many marks with it comedic talent.
December 23, 2015
"The Santa Clause" is one of the finer Christmas films to be made because it works on so many levels as a traditional film for children who need to discover how to believe and for adults who will find Tim Allen's performance hilarious and entertaining.
December 22, 2015
part of our holiday tradition
December 20, 2015
It was an interesting concept and there are some interesting and warm relationships between the characters but it lacked depth and I didn't find the build up actually that exciting or really significant. It was cute and there were some funny moments but overall this didn't work for me.
December 17, 2015
The Santa Clause has become a Christmas "must-watch" for moviegoers everywhere. It has an interesting plot and Tim Allen is one of the best Santas to ever grace the silver screen. It's full of fun and laughter, but most of all, Christmas spirit.