The Santa Clause - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Santa Clause Reviews

February 11, 2018
This is my all time Fav Christmas Movie, Tim Allen "Scott Calvin" AKA Santa Clause is way too funny, I love all 3 Movies.
I think Neal is weird.
Eric Lloyd "Charlie" is so cute I this movie.
The Santa Clause is shear brilliance, Kudo's to the writers for writing a great holiday classic, I watch it every year at Christmas time It's a good as "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and his Daisy Red Rider BB Gun, that's another classic too, but Tim Allen knocked it outta the Park with this one. Thanks Tim for a Great Job!
½ December 26, 2017
171223: This quaint little film surprised me. Have never been a fan of Tim Allen but he plays a pretty good Saint Nic once fattened up. Helped fill my day and did it pretty well. Well worth watching. Enjoyed many of the actors and the characters they portrayed. The elves were particularly fun including Bernard (David Krumholtz) & Curtis (Spencer Breslin).
December 26, 2017
Great Christmas movie. A classic.
½ December 20, 2017
The Santa Clause is a surprisingly charmless and largely laugh free 90s Christmas comedy that doesn't match up to the likes of Home Alone in terms of emotion or humour. Not celebrating materialism or commercialism by any means, but rather creating a bizarre family dynamic and pilling on several increasingly ridiculous scenarios. The whole enterprise never really seemed to come alive, and a succession of unfunny jokes and awkwardly acted would-be emotional scenes are all it can really offer. Tim Allen can be a really funny guy but it feels like he's coasting here, acutely aware that the entire idea is stupid but thinking always of the sweet cheque he'll receive when its done. The child acting is especially bad, and the son of the lead is a constant whine, making him very difficult to like. I don't see it as a holiday classic, and can't see myself watching it ever again, let alone every Christmas. I'll stick with Die Hard.
December 10, 2017
really cure, watched it with the family again
½ December 2, 2017
This is the ultimate Christmas movie, it has every essence of a traditional Christmas and everything that represents Christmas. The unselfish act of giving at Christmas, Santa, snow, presents, how it affects children and adults. I can happily watch this movie throughout the year, it never fails to put me in the Christmas spirit. It is the only Christmas movie I actually love, it's by far the best Christmas movie there is
November 4, 2017
Tim Allen is pretty funny he did a good job in this movie I would watch this movie a good family movie
October 29, 2017
A sweet story with a blend outcome.
½ October 16, 2017
A good Christmas film, it gets a bit silly but it is an enjoyable Christmas film
July 14, 2017
common sense wise? No.
½ June 8, 2017
The all-time BEST christmas movie of all time. (along with elf) :)
½ June 1, 2017
A charming, fun tale that brings Cris Cringle to life and is most definitely a holiday classic.
½ May 20, 2017
It has a lot of holiday spirit, even if it is confusing sometimes.
½ May 3, 2017
Tim Alan is pretty good in this movie
½ April 9, 2017
This is a pretty good movie
February 25, 2017
I like the movie, :)
January 4, 2017
Oh no! What happens if Santa has an accident? Little Charlie Calvin's dad turns into Santa Claus and needs Charlie's help to deliver presents on Christmas Eve. For kids who believe in Santa, this movie apparently explains a LOT. My younger kid was enthusiastically telling me how it all works after watching this one. And asking a lot of "Does Santa..." questions.
January 1, 2017
Weird & lacking in sense, but nice.
December 26, 2016
Funny and decent Christmas movie.