Schindler's List - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Schindler's List Reviews

December 3, 2017
Not being a subject I care to think about, I put off seeing this movie for nearly 25 years. However, I'm trying to watch all Spielberg movies, so I finally gave in on this one. Simply wonderful. From the acting to the dialogue to the black and white cinematography to the emotional impact, this drama is spectacular. Kudos to Spielberg for bringing this hard topic to light in such a touching, meaningful manner. Dramas don't get better than this.
November 27, 2017
A profound and deep film. It showed the depths of humanity.
½ November 13, 2017
This is pretty much Steven Spielberg's cinematic coming of age. It hits every element perfectly and it's a masterpiece. The movie is not afraid to be highly brutal and it does an amazing job showing us the ugliness of the concentration camps. All movies of this genre should not be afraid to have this element of brutality and Schindler's List does it perfectly. It does a great job making us care for Schindler and I can tell that Spielberg really cared for him and his actions. It's a very powerful film and the fact that this was based on a true story only strengthens the emotional power. The fact that it was shot in black and white undoubtedly gives it more power and emotion. Saying this movie was expertly shot would be an understatement. I've never seen a film shot better then this. This is a one of a kind film and we may never see it duplicated. It hits all the elements perfectly and succeeds in every way. This is one of the best movies of all time and it must be watched.
November 7, 2017
As close to perfect as a movie can get. In every sense, 'Schindler's List' provides all the hallmarks of a classic film from the acting to the writing to the directing, etc. If it was your mission you try really hard you could probably find something to have a problem with but that would be your problem, not the movie's.
½ November 4, 2017
Amazing and very moving; I would never have believed that Spielberg could have made a movie like this.
½ October 24, 2017
anything this movie lacks is more than made up for by the story. this will be a classic for years to come
October 24, 2017
I ready enjoyed and felted some much compassion for the Krakow's Jew, that I found myself crying. In the begin Schindler's goal was to make it rich from the Nazi's, by opening a enamel factory. Even though, Oskar Schindler was a good Germany businessman, all his other businesses adventure failed,because he felt something was missing. Schindler came there broke and a suitcase, to start the enamel business he used the money he got from the Jews. The Jews wanted a fair percentage in the company but there salary was payed directly to the SS. The next point, I think Schindler was trying to get across was to let the Germany know that the Jew's are people too, by kissing the Jewish child and woman. And he was almost charged with Violation of the Race and Resettlement Act. Even though, Amon was alcoholic and all around bad person to the Jews, he had so much respect for Schindler that he defended him to his superiors. I think Amon was alittle envy of Schindler because he didn't show no shame for how he felt about the Jews. The night before he was suppose to leave and proved of the money he had made, Schindler developed a conscience for the Jews. He realize that he could help them from death by using his factory for making ammuntion for Germany Army. He had his Jew (Stern) accountant and financier make out a list of 1100 Jews to buy to work at the factory. He convinced Amon. They never maded ammuntion. When Germany lost to there allies, Schindler had lost his entire fortune and on the run. He saved 1100 Jews and he got so emotional when he realize he could have saved more. They gave him a gold ring, that meant "Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire." The Schindler's list relate to other world religious, because there are still people being killed and tortured at the hands of others because of their race, religion. The Jews had to believe that all the suffering they where going thru would eventually end, no matter how hard German tried to make them give up. Angela A.
October 18, 2017
Shindlers List is one of Steven Spielberg's best movies in his career! The way he chose to film it in black and white is so good for the time period it takes place in. The movie gives outstanding performances by Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes and they stand out immensely. Shindlers List really makes you feel emotional and what horror people went through during the Holocaust and how it's a true story that Oskar Shindler saved all those people. It's a dramatic masterpiece and it's so well directed and made that it's a must see!
October 17, 2017
This will probably shock many people but a movie that has never really been done for me is one of us love Spielberg allegedly best movies namely Schindler's list.
Schindler's list is really a movie the upload has not triggered at me has Lust tell me that
I have already told you that the most important thing about a movie for me is that he touched you somehow emotionally or that has her something says there were a lot of bad movies I've seen there were a lot of unnecessary films I saw and also a lot of boring Movies to Aldi in I could say something because they have triggered something in me and even boredom disgust to vote these are all feelings but if the film does nothing triggers with me then this is just the biggest you can send a movie can do if I have two Hours sitting close not feeling this is just sad. I prefer a bad movie that bores me offended and offended as a movie that is simply empty and does not taste good.
What does the girl do the list? Well, I've seen a lot of second world war films watching metal messages is all possible perspectives and a possible feelings though
Gin the list the only one of not one of these feelings drive even boredom anger or grief and I find a pity because I want this movie really really made great great music he is super filmed and so and I can not say to you actors what not even a thousand times was said, unfortunately, this is really the only movie that is just not for me and I was really shocked that that was the case.
I always say that the miserable is the worst movie he has seen you or find one that I hate the most Varel who just pushed the wrong buttons with me, however, Steven Spielberg Schindler's list has absolutely no button pressed with me.
So I'm sorry to say that I find this is really a pity because the food was very big and important film of the since was made but I do not find the film tasteless tasteless but I simply do not taste anything.
October 13, 2017
Flawless filmmaking. Terrific cast. Great cinematography and a moving score from John Williams
October 11, 2017
A masterpiece of a film.
October 8, 2017
One of the best history lessons you'll ever watch, and maybe the best holocaust film out there.
½ October 7, 2017
Story about a German businessman who saves the lives of hundreds of Jewishs victims during the Holocuast. Certainly an eye opener when I first saw this 25 years ago. I didn't know much about the Holocaust at the time. Speilberg does a good job showing what it was like. Horrible. Depressing. I heard it was difficult for him to finish many scenes. Good but not a great movie.
½ October 6, 2017
These WW2 films are all the same.
½ October 4, 2017
The movie "Schindler's List" was based on the novel written by Thomas Keneally called "Schindler's Ark/Schindler's List". This novel won the best prize for fiction (Booker McConnell Prize) decades ago. This movie was likely portrayed by history teachers as historically accurate, so it was jarring to learn of its origin. Of all the things that happened in WW2, there is no need to fictionalize things, especially just to sensationalize it to sell more movie tickets/DVDs.

The movie itself portrayed things in a needlessly sexualized manner, and was over-dramatic as a whole. For example, did the woman who woke up from sleeping with the German soldier have to be topless? Isn't that sexist objectification of women? Doesn't belong in this genre. Pervs may like this, but if a movie is going to portray a grim topic it shouldn't do so in a dishonorable way like that.

Another thing is that it stereotypes all Germans as psychopathic, sadistic murderers who take every waking moment to victimize innocent Jews. It dehumanizes the German people with this stereotype, and could be used to justify any abuses against them. The movie doesn't take into account historical facts that would balance this obvious false bias, such as the fact that Jews declared war on Germany (Daily Express on 24 March, 1934) which led to the Jewish boycott of German goods. Nor does it mention that there were Jewish supremacist groups like Nakam (Abba Kovner) that attempted to poison the water supply of German civilian cities after the war was over, or how they coated arsenic onto the bread inside the camp where the German POWs were being held (because apparently some thought that not enough Europeans died in WW2). What about the Soviet genocidal brutality that went on in the gulags? This of course was not mentioned.

Also, there is nothing really different about this movie, from all the other movies about this topic. Using emotional scenes to tug at heartstrings shouldn't ever be considered as a replacement for historical facts.

The truth fears no investigation.
October 2, 2017
Though this movie is dark and emotional, director Steven Spielberg has given us a cinematic masterpiece. Depicting the horrible events of the Holocaust, Spielberg delivers a story of hope, love and changing people's lives through the act of one man. Loved the performances by Neeson, Kingsley, Fiennes and everyone in the cast. John Williams' superior dramatic score is what drives the film. A true masterpiece!!! Though it is sad, it is a powerful look at one of history's most terrifying events. Spielberg has done it again!!!
September 21, 2017
A must-watch, somewhat prolix, yet glorious work of cinema.
September 4, 2017
I can't find a flaw in this movie.
August 27, 2017
This Was Roger Ebert's, Gene Siskel's And Jay Sherman's Best Film Of 1993 On Their Best Of 1993 Lists.
August 14, 2017
Great movie! Oscar Schindler (Liam Neeson) tries to save as many Jews as he can from the hatred and bigotry of many sides.