Reviews

• Jan 02, 2017

I'm a sucker for stories about people who are deeply dedicated to their craft and that description actually minimizes the passion Seymour Bernstein has for piano. I may have rated lower if I didn't have a background in music, but this "introduction" certainly goes deeper.

• Dec 16, 2016

I guess some pre-knowledge of this musician might enhance proceedings.

I guess some pre-knowledge of this musician might enhance proceedings.

• Oct 08, 2016

Allows a look into the life of a concert pianist turned instructor who shares the beauty of music intertwined with love of life. Interesting for those who love music- maybe not so much for those who don't.

• Jun 08, 2016

Surprising to me how involved I became and how genuinely good and interesting Seymour is.

• May 16, 2016

'The most important thing that music teachers can do for their pupils is to inspire an emotional reaction, not just for the music, but more importantly, for life.'

• Feb 21, 2016

a hymn to the transcendent via music. Wonderful. A film to see again and again.

a hymn to the transcendent via music. Wonderful. A film to see again and again.

• Feb 19, 2016

Delicate, smooth, and inspirational. A beautiful man and a beautiful film.

Delicate, smooth, and inspirational. A beautiful man and a beautiful film.

• Feb 08, 2016

The idea of watching this movie made me want to take a nap but actually Seymour makes an interesting subject. Ethan Hawke captures the art of a piano player in a way I never thought I could appreciate the instrument.

• Jan 31, 2016

The movie could have been reduced to a two minute bio to be played before Seymour receives some award no one cares about. I'm sure it's considered inspiring or heartwarming, but it was not worth making into a movie.

• Jan 26, 2016

Beautiful just beautiful. Makes me love music even more. Bravo Seymour.

Beautiful just beautiful. Makes me love music even more. Bravo Seymour.