The Shaggy Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shaggy Dog Reviews

October 7, 2017
10/7/2017: Meh. A good cast, but very few funny moments.
February 28, 2017
Barely passable, but I expect better from both Disney and Tim Allen. If you are going to do a remake do it properly. Though it is somewhat entertaining it is also a little too stupid. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
February 15, 2017
Sure is silly and bad, but it's one of those movies that so bad that it's good because it's completely hilarious and stupid
½ August 11, 2016
The Shaggy Dog is purely fluff and fun for the kids, and is tolerate enough for the adults.
August 8, 2016
The Shaggy Dog may not be original, but it is a decently entertaining family film with some entertaining performances from Tim Allen and Robert Downey, Jr.
June 27, 2016
Shaggy Dog is a great Disney movie. Tim Allen portrays the role of a half human-half dog perfectly. This movie is hilarious and heartwarming. I would suggest this movie.
March 15, 2016
Shaggy Doggy Dog is not Dogs.
February 11, 2016
I was under ten when I first watched this and I loved it, I know it's stupid and terrible now, but I can still enjoy it and relive the good old days.
October 21, 2015
it fact Dat dis is most pirfect movee of all Tim. if u donut agri wit me den u r a gey nigger fegget Dat no nutin.
October 6, 2015
Sucked by the Shaggy Dog !!!
September 27, 2015
What happened with Tim Allen doing all these crappy Disney kids movies (excluding the first Santa Clause)? This movie had moments, to be honest, but overall it's a really stupid kids film. It was at least entertaining in some parts but if really felt cliĆ?ed and honestly the dog transformation thing was so stupid that it confused me. If you have really young kids then maybe watch this but really not worth your time, not even if it's just on TV.
September 17, 2015
Not a huge fan but Allen does have some charm in this movie but just nowhere near enough.
May 29, 2015
This movie was pretty fun film for the whole family!
May 20, 2015
Tim Allen should stick to Christmas movies.
½ January 17, 2015
Its a well-intentioned movie for sure that makes no use of the creative Disney team behind it.

The kiddos will love it though.
October 26, 2014
a decent Disney family movie, but, not academy award material
½ September 13, 2014
no Tim Allen no the genius from toy story and the Santa clause accepts this piece of crap I remember this movie being so unmemorable in one ear out the other stupid plot horrible acting Tim was OK not enough to save this pointless movie this movie is a shaggy fraud
September 3, 2014
Allen knows how to embrace his character as a real doggy! =D
½ August 24, 2014
Another of those clowning-around Disney films that are funny and enjoyable, as this another of their line-up of remaking their own classics has a different kind of story with more feelings than the original. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
August 5, 2014
The second best disney movie after wreck it Ralph. Tim Allen is a great actor and a great awesome dog. Woof woof. It's a classic.