Skyfall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyfall Reviews

February 24, 2018
It was good. Entertaining and thrilling.
February 14, 2018
Disappointing after the previous instalments, I found this movie slower paced and simply not as interesting, lacking in both wit and charm. Craig is obviously not as charismatic and the sets are both darker and bleaker. The second highest grossing film of 2012. 1001
February 11, 2018
This is a great movie. See it. It has great acting. It also great special effects. It also has a great story line. Great action. Specter is better but still a good movie.
February 7, 2018
One word can describe this movie: breathless. If we ignore the fact that Quantum of Solace existed, this was the best second film for a (i hope) glorious trilogy.
½ January 27, 2018
Adele made a movie? Sweet. The rest are forgettable and forgotten.
½ January 22, 2018
The best James Bond film ever made. Having been a fan of James Bond since I was a kid, I've seen every single one of them (some many times over). Whilst many of the classics have aged terribly, this film will not. Gritty and edgy, this film reinvents the James Bond genre.
½ January 21, 2018
The second best bond after Casino Royal.
It is a little sluggish at the beginning, but the old man slowly wakes up and does not only return to duty, but unmitigated to his childhood. The villain is an understandable lunatic and the action is unmatched. I would describe it as "civil war with tragic finesse in the detail".
Maybe it is just too much action, the disappointing Bond-girl or the superior villain that makes me a little less comfortable with this movie than with Casino Royal.
The cast and craft is as good as you expect them to be and the story is innovative and interesting, so the movie really deserves a good result, but I somehow miss the cocoa powder on the icing of the cake. That is why I would always rank it behind Casino Royal.
½ January 19, 2018
(93/100)
I love how the movie picks up Bond's past and integrates it into the movie. The action scenes were well choreographed and shot. Character development is also done very well.
January 12, 2018
Watched Skyfall in Theaters and did I love it Such a great Bond Movie
½ January 12, 2018
An overhyped mess of a movie which some glaring plot holes, feeble attempts at humour and scenery chewing performances from Judi Dench and Javier Bardem ! But the biggest sin of all is it is boring,boring,boring and goes on and on and on ! I couldn't wait for this uneventful, unengaging sorry excuse for a Bond movie to end. The name's Bland, James Bland !!!
December 26, 2017
M-F-O

9.3

[Sam Mendes]
[c]
December 21, 2017
a terrible 3rd act ruined this movie for me
December 19, 2017
Not only one of the best James Bond movies of all time, but one of the best action movies of all time.
½ December 8, 2017
Best Bond In Years! Greatest filmography in the modern era!
November 14, 2017
50 years of James Bond and Skyfall is one of the best 007 outings to-date. Director Sam Mendes brings Bond back with a smart, classy and stylish action thriller. Blending materials of both classic Bond and Daniel Craig's modern Bond, you're in for a smashing adventure.
½ November 14, 2017
There are a lot of movies that are really popular but you do not like them, then there are those movies that many people like you do not understand why and why you need a time or look at them again and slowly understand what people love and then there the movies are probably the columns of opinion because exactly the things the other people love about you just did not like you.
"Skyfall" is not one of those movies that is a movie I did not like from the first time and with each new watch it got worse and worse. I still can not understand why anyone can like this movie and still am still shocked to see how many people worship this movie. That people love this movie is bad enough but that they praise this movie as much as anyone else that is the biggest tragedy
"Skyfall" contains no suspense the drama is passable but the effects are funny there is no real plot I third of the movie is just jumping from one place to the next and so I really really took a long time to follow the process of the movie It's always going to be bad if you only see an action movie but you have to read through the Wikipedia article to get the plot (I mean that's not Blade Runner what the complicated storyline?), but I'm a lot more baffled the train that arrives so well on the ground nothing done dirt that has no special quality or anything special.
I even go so far as to say that the film would not even have received a third of the money of praise or prizes if not for the brand name James Bond.
Everything in this movie is stupid the characters you suffer can die all the ones you do not like die sometime later but then not in a good way, Javier Bardem looks like they painted him the visage, and the movie is literally anti-climatic you because the entire last third is even more boring than the rest of the movie. So the movie starts okay, then gets annoying then gets boring and ends in just awful.
I do not understand today it was the people who loved this movie so much and I honestly lost interest in the answer, of course I know the tastes are always different and not all like that but if he changes me half a puzzle want and say that is the most beautiful picture in the world although over half missing and what you see looks like ass then I miss the words.
My conclusion, of course, is that the James Bond films are not always the best in the world and I know that they are made for entertainment only because none of these films will get you an Oscar or be represented very much in the general movie encyclopedia but Skyfall is absolutely shitty, Direct are pretty stupid, the drama is tolerable, the record is super stupid, the end is a single insult and the music would be pitiful even for a Disney musical.
This movie should die.
November 13, 2017
Smart, thrilling, and visually stunning, Skyfall proves to not only be one of the best Bond films, but one of the best spy films ever made.

5/5 stars
October 22, 2017
The best Bond film ever.
October 21, 2017
A brilliant return to form for a series famous for peaks and troughs, Skyfall expands on the role of M by tying her directly into the film on a plot and thematic level, with questions of aging and obsolescence, leading to the finest-crafted film in the series with stand-out action, acting, and cinematography.
October 18, 2017