Skyfall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyfall Reviews

½ February 21, 2017
Skyfall starts of with a really fast start. I can recall the last time I've seen THAT! Overall, the movie was really good. Great acting from Daniel Craig, Judi Dench & Javier Bardem. (I also kinda liked Albert Finney {Kincade} near the end).
Sam Mendes did a great job in organising the plot & turning it into a wonderful movie!
½ January 31, 2017
The opening sequence with Bond/Craig drowning in the river and Adele's song in the background is already worth the whole price of the ticket!

Plus Daniel Craig is a GREAT Bond. And the story was GREAT too. And all the connections with 007 classic hallmarks gave it that special touch that made it even cooler -great work!
January 25, 2017
A big improvement from Quantum of Solace but still does not compare to Casino Royale.
January 15, 2017
Nota: 8.6/10 - 4.3/5
½ January 14, 2017
The most thoroughly entertaining Bond film for many years - Not as edgy or grounded as Casino Royale, which I still think is Craig's best. However Skyfall is a delight to watch from start to finish. Just don't force yourself to think too hard about some of the plot contrivances and the madness of final act, which gets a pass due to sheer entertainment value and it's sad ending.
January 14, 2017
There is something so energetic, so forceful about Skyfall that very few Bond films can match.
½ January 11, 2017
Skyfall is really good, it's well got good writing, good acting, good bond, it's a great movie
½ January 7, 2017
First of all, this was a great entry in the Bond series. I loved the introduction of Q. I love this new direction of gritty realism. It was almost a callback to GoldenEye, one of my favorite Bond movies as a child. I love the former 00-agent facing off against Bond story.

My only nit to pick is Casino Royale and Quantum were furthering the same start whereas Skyfall was a standalone... and I want to see where that original story was going.
½ January 4, 2017
170104: 23rd Bond Film. Now this is my idea of what a James Bond film should be. A self-contained story, full of semi-realistic action, violence, fun, firearms, women, humour and even a bit of Bond history. Liked it. This is probably my favourite Bond film running neck to neck with Live and Let Die (1973). Is it coincidence that this is the 23rd of the series (you have to know me)? Excited to be so close to catching up on this series. It's taken over 50 years.
December 22, 2016
Excellent movie of course.
December 6, 2016
My all time favorite James Bond it's gritty and if feel like it a little more seriously then some other James bonds
December 1, 2016
Did the impossible by besting Casino Royale.
Higher and more realistic stakes than previous installments. The action scenes are top notch. Javier Bardem's villain is one of, if not the, best villain in a Bond film. Acting is great all round. And for any of those who didn't like Casino Royale because the lack of gadgets, Skyfall starts adding in some gear that adds flair, but keeps them grounded in reality.
November 30, 2016
Skyfall competes with Goldfinger as one of the greatest Bond movies ever made.
November 28, 2016
In a recent Ultimate Movie Review Twitter Poll, I asked you what your favorite James Bond movie starring Daniel Craig was and you chose Skyfall. For me this was a hard choice, because Daniel Craig seems as though he was born to play James Bond. All the films he's done have been fantastic, but I can see why Skyfall won. This film stands out for many reasons, most importantly it gives us a rare look into the childhood of James Bond and for the rarest of moments we see Bond scared and on the edge of possibly giving up, but you know how the story ends, he's James Bond. If you missed Skyfall, the film is like many other stories, where an old enemy reappears, but in this case, the enemy isn't looking for world domination, he's looking for revenge against his former employers, the British Government and in particular the Double 0 program. Bond films are often times so similar that we tend to rate them based on the villain and the song, well, the song doesn't get better than the gem produced by Adele, but what about Javier Bardem? He is an Academy Award winner and for good cause, this dude was one of the scarier Bond villains to come around in a long time. The others in the Craig Bond movies were some pretty bad guys, who had done some horrible things, but no one was what anyone would call truly scary, not like the villains used to be. Bardem had that special something though, that not only made him a bad guy, but that kind of bad guy that can make audiences cringe. The Bottom Line, Skyfall wasn't my pick, but it was a close second, as this was probably the most personal and emotional Bond film perhaps in the entire series. Daniel Craig is still very much at his best, Javier Bardem is a villain who will always rank in the top ten, and who better to sing a bond theme than Adele. Wheather or not you picked Skyfall, there is no question that it is one of those Bond films that won't ever be forgotten.
November 21, 2016
best of the Daniel Craig series for sure
November 20, 2016
Easily the best Bond film of all.
November 20, 2016
One word, Awesome! This is how James Bond movies should be made. Not Hokie, back to its roots and most of all, realistic! One could imagine this taking place in today's society.
November 13, 2016
This James Bond movie has an eye catching title, which is we expected it as a high quality movie. Turns out, that expectation isn't wrong, Skyfall brings a whole new level of agency and espionage.
November 7, 2016
Casino Royale marked the much needed reinvention of the traditional Bond formula. Skyfall uses that as a jumping off point to completely turn the formula inside out. Delving into darker themes and striving for realism and genuine emotion with dashes of the smirking humour that the characters is known for, Skyfall is not only one of the greatest films in the series, its an amazing FILM period.
October 31, 2016
A bond film that lives up to expectations - a rare thing. As good as Casino Royale marginally better than Spectre. Let's try to forget Q of S.