Skyfall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyfall Reviews

June 18, 2018
While there are elements of Skyfall that made me cringe a little as being not-so-Bond like, and the overly critical part of me was bothered by the ridiculous computerization of some of the elements of the movie, the fact is, Skyfall is a beautiful modern continuation of the classic Bond series. Humanizing Bond follows in the footsteps of other franchise films leaning on "realistic" elements of stories rather than larger-than-life ones. Yes, there was still an amazing opening sequence that seemed completely unreal, but that is simply Bond. Javier Bardem was the perfect villain as a rogue agent, which is much better than some other international terrorist. Skyfall "borrowed" components from many other films like "Dr. No" and "Dark Knight," but that may just be a sign of the times. In fact, Javier's character borrowed many things from Heath Ledger's Joker. I've stayed away from other articles about Skyfall, but I can only assume I'm not the only one who caught Javier's message "Think On Your Sins" spelled the anagram TOYS. Javier mentions his toys later, but never explained the anagram. I saw a lot of Heath's portrayal in Javier's. As an all-around Bond flick, though, they don't get much better than Skyfall.
½ June 9, 2018
Javier Bardem is a sizzling villain...Craig is monotonous s always.
May 27, 2018
Too many characters and quite excessive length continue to plague the Bond franchise and the same goes for Skyfall which is otherwise a very strong entry that ranks as one of the better ones in the series thanks to excellent direction from Sam Mendes, a memorable villain, superb cinematography and added emotional investment to the whole affair.
April 22, 2018
"Skyfall" (2012) is one of the best films in the franchise ! There are some small action scenes but they are still entertaining to watch. The big action scenes are more at the end of the movie but the acting is very good and the story too
½ April 14, 2018
definitely one of the best bond films. fittingly for the successful series' celebrated 50th anniversary, 'skyfall' offers an intense first act, the best opening credits (and song) in the series, the best cinematography, the best acting and one of the series' best villains.
the countless throwbacks to the iconic, previous 22 films feel inspired. it's only too bad i can't say the same for the undercooked plot and slightly disappointing action scenes. nevertheless, the dialogue remains top-notch and the entertaining skyfall underlines the franchise is far out of steam.
April 13, 2018
A+
Skyfall is the best 007 of all time. It delivers a great story as well as awesome characters. Craig once again brings his A game making a case to be the best Bond ever. This Bond felt different from the rest because it had more of of the personal story of Bond. It wasn't just another mission. This is a must see of 2012.
½ March 29, 2018
Great Writing: 2 Stars
While there where a few moments of abstractness, the screen play and dialogue were solid and enjoyable.

Superb Production: 2.5
You will be pressed to find an action movie as beautiful and captivating as this. With the help of Roger Deakins, this movie became a visual stunner.
March 29, 2018
Absolutely marvelous, timeless classic. One of, if not, the best Bond movies of all-time. A must see!
½ March 26, 2018
Daniel craig style james bond
½ March 23, 2018
amazing opening as always
½ March 19, 2018
A movie theater experience i will never forget
½ March 14, 2018
A great movie, in my opinion the best of 007, but falls into the collection of cliches. Despite this it offers a thrilling plot-line, and some great characters.
February 24, 2018
It was good. Entertaining and thrilling.
February 14, 2018
Disappointing after the previous instalments, I found this movie slower paced and simply not as interesting, lacking in both wit and charm. Craig is obviously not as charismatic and the sets are both darker and bleaker. The second highest grossing film of 2012. 1001
February 11, 2018
This is a great movie. See it. It has great acting. It also great special effects. It also has a great story line. Great action. Specter is better but still a good movie.
February 7, 2018
One word can describe this movie: breathless. If we ignore the fact that Quantum of Solace existed, this was the best second film for a (i hope) glorious trilogy.
½ January 27, 2018
Adele made a movie? Sweet. The rest are forgettable and forgotten.
½ January 22, 2018
The best James Bond film ever made. Having been a fan of James Bond since I was a kid, I've seen every single one of them (some many times over). Whilst many of the classics have aged terribly, this film will not. Gritty and edgy, this film reinvents the James Bond genre.
½ January 21, 2018
The second best bond after Casino Royal.
It is a little sluggish at the beginning, but the old man slowly wakes up and does not only return to duty, but unmitigated to his childhood. The villain is an understandable lunatic and the action is unmatched. I would describe it as "civil war with tragic finesse in the detail".
Maybe it is just too much action, the disappointing Bond-girl or the superior villain that makes me a little less comfortable with this movie than with Casino Royal.
The cast and craft is as good as you expect them to be and the story is innovative and interesting, so the movie really deserves a good result, but I somehow miss the cocoa powder on the icing of the cake. That is why I would always rank it behind Casino Royal.