Skyfall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyfall Reviews

April 18, 2017
Skyfall was the success that people were waiting for, and thank God that it came and was good! One of 007s missions goes wrong putting MI6 in danger. 007 must help M (Judi Dench) and deal with Silva, (Javier Bardem) a man from M's past. Skyfall was an amazingly directed film. It was a relief to get this after we witnessed Quantum of Solace. We also witnessed the good that this film did to the genre. As this movie along with Casino Royale will most likely become classics in the future. The antagonist, Silva, was a very intimidating villan. One of the more realistic of the series, he had a proper entry to the story. He is brought together with compelling diolauge.
Over all, Skyfall is the second best Daniel Craig Bond film. a true example of the franchise. 5/5 stars
March 26, 2017
Best Bond movie to date!
March 24, 2017
I thought Mendes did a great job of creating suspense and tension in the movie. I haven't liked a Bond movie this much in 35 years. I wish the producers would only make a Bond film every 5 years instead of every year. Most of them suck.
½ March 23, 2017
I was happy to catch this one on opening day and just let it wash over me, a perfect blend of stylish art-house film and cheeky action that's a nice throwback to the classic films that were filled with gadgets and wisecracking. Plus it holds up on Blu-ray in a big bad way, equally gorgeous in the home environment and allows you to really pause and check out details in certain scenes.

Great stuff.

Recommended.
½ March 22, 2017
First James Bond movie I saw and definitely not the last.
March 16, 2017
The first time that I saw this movie I absolutely loved it! On a second viewing I still really liked it, but a few of the dry parts were made more apparent to me. I still think that this is one of the best Bond movies ever made though. I like these movies better when they are character driven.
March 9, 2017
Podgy points loose the attention but it does pretty well at getting it back .. Its a shame that in these bigger movies these days everything is telegraphed as coming all too obviously - it doesnt serve them well, at least here the premise of the movie isnt any cunning ploys, still ..
March 3, 2017
the best Craig Bond film, manages to be more engaging and entertaining than the equally excellent Casino Royale
March 2, 2017
Best Bond in decades
½ February 27, 2017
Skyfall is great, it's well got good writing, good acting, good bond, it's a great movie
February 26, 2017
Smart, thrilling and action packed. This is a much needed improvement over the series last entry. Skyfall is an impressive return to form for Daniel Craig. The film delves deeper into the dark and gritty roots of this rebooted Bond, but manages to give plenty of familiar nods to the character's rich cinematic history. Throw in an impressive and memorable villain and you have most of the ingredients for a classic 007 adventure.
½ February 21, 2017
Skyfall starts of with a really fast start. I can recall the last time I've seen THAT! Overall, the movie was really good. Great acting from Daniel Craig, Judi Dench & Javier Bardem. (I also kinda liked Albert Finney {Kincade} near the end).
Sam Mendes did a great job in organising the plot & turning it into a wonderful movie!
½ January 31, 2017
The opening sequence with Bond/Craig drowning in the river and Adele's song in the background is already worth the whole price of the ticket!

Plus Daniel Craig is a GREAT Bond. And the story was GREAT too. And all the connections with 007 classic hallmarks gave it that special touch that made it even cooler -great work!
January 25, 2017
A big improvement from Quantum of Solace but still does not compare to Casino Royale.
January 15, 2017
Nota: 8.6/10 - 4.3/5
½ January 14, 2017
The most thoroughly entertaining Bond film for many years - Not as edgy or grounded as Casino Royale, which I still think is Craig's best. However Skyfall is a delight to watch from start to finish. Just don't force yourself to think too hard about some of the plot contrivances and the madness of final act, which gets a pass due to sheer entertainment value and it's sad ending.
January 14, 2017
There is something so energetic, so forceful about Skyfall that very few Bond films can match.
½ January 7, 2017
First of all, this was a great entry in the Bond series. I loved the introduction of Q. I love this new direction of gritty realism. It was almost a callback to GoldenEye, one of my favorite Bond movies as a child. I love the former 00-agent facing off against Bond story.

My only nit to pick is Casino Royale and Quantum were furthering the same start whereas Skyfall was a standalone... and I want to see where that original story was going.
½ January 4, 2017
170104: 23rd Bond Film. Now this is my idea of what a James Bond film should be. A self-contained story, full of semi-realistic action, violence, fun, firearms, women, humour and even a bit of Bond history. Liked it. This is probably my favourite Bond film running neck to neck with Live and Let Die (1973). Is it coincidence that this is the 23rd of the series (you have to know me)? Excited to be so close to catching up on this series. It's taken over 50 years.
December 22, 2016
Excellent movie of course.