Skyfall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyfall Reviews

August 8, 2017
Yeah, the cinematography is excellent. Sure, the violence is good and the conversations are fun to listen to. That's all given, but what makes this movie the absolute best Bond film of all time - that's right, I said it - is Daniel Craig. He is simply marvelous as Bond, truly a bar above his peers. He can display Bond's emotions and character changes with the most subtlest of facial ticks and movements - and boy, does Bond go through the wringer in this movie.
In Skyfall, Bond goes through a rebirth - both the franchise and the character. Bond faces off against Silva, who was also abandoned by M, and thus, Bond takes on a mirror image of himself, an incarnation of what his alcoholism and bitterness could possibly turn himself into. It's never fully implied if M intended to sacrifice Bond - or Silva - and that's the beauty of this film; it has a certain ambiguity to it that allows you to truly think. Bond doesn't just beat up baddies - he goes through a test of bravery and trust that is emphasized in this movie. We don't just see Bond's struggles, we see him as a person - his humanity, his flaws, the fact that he isn't Mr. Perfect Agent.
½ July 31, 2017
With great action, a simple but thought-provoking plot, and featuring a villain to rival Casino Royale's Le Chiffre, Skyfall successfully makes up for the failure that was Quantum of Solace. Daniel Craig skillfully returns as James Bond in a film that gets personal and is proud of it. It also features the second best opening credits song from any James Bond movie, Skyfall by Adele, which is second only to Goldfinger. I could go on and on, but this is one of the best Bond films ever.
½ July 26, 2017
In the list of all 24 Bond Movies this is in the top with the best ones, Daniel Craig was amazing in it, and the action scenes and story where amazing.
P.S. Adele's ''Skyfall'' in the intro was pefection!
July 23, 2017
Skyfall in 2012 gave what was good in the 80s and 90s of Bond. it is a little bit funny, quirky but also dark at times especially when bond is in Scotland. Daniel Craig has his best performance in this movie, The villain, Roual Silva is a chilling and good match for Bond. The title song by Adele is one of the best. The only downfall is that Gunbarrel at the end looks horrible and the blood colour is to bright. Overall it is my second favorite bond film.

Cast:

Agent Eve: Naomie Harria
Q: Ben Wishaw
Gareth Mallory: Ralph Fiennes
July 21, 2017
The best James Bond movie ever.
July 14, 2017
All throughout its entirety Skyfall is an immense film, that exceeds in providing a riveting plot, dazzling action sequences, and terrific visual effects. And to top it off with an amazing villain, this film seems to be perfect in almost every way.
July 13, 2017
A great, personal story for Bond and an unforgettable villain, Skyfall features another grizzled performance from Daniel Craig, introduces some classic characters, and has some of the most exciting action sequences in the series, even though the films suffers from the lack of the fun and adventure that has become a trademark of the series.
½ July 12, 2017
I think this is my favorite Bond movie of all time. Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, and the rest all come together to make an impressive film.
July 9, 2017
Not sure it's the best bond, but certainly a classic! Great opening sequence and theme, simple story and excellent villain, and another superb performance by Mr Craig. Didn't want it to end! Watched it again on TV last night, and it really is one of the best bonds! Updated to 5 stars!
July 2, 2017
I wish I could say that this was one of the best, if not THE best, James Bond films to date. But I can't since I've only seen the films from the Daniel Craig Bond era. However even if you're not familiar with the other Bonds, this one still is still a top-notch 007 action thriller. It has gripping action sequences, committed performances with Javier Bardem succeeding where Mads Mikkelsen and...the bad guy from Quantum of Solace have failed, a great story and a killer theme song from Adele. What more could you ask for? 50 years running - at the time the film was released obviously - and still going strong despite hitting multiple bumps in the road at times according to the Tomatometers on this site. Once again, I've only seen the Daniel Craig's 007. With this very entertaining spy movie, director Sam Mendes manages to earn his licence to entertain. What, you didn't think I was entirely unfamiliar with pre-Craig Bonds, did you?
½ June 27, 2017
Excellent acting, casting, and camerawork. Plot was great too, but the execution more so.
June 26, 2017
This is my favourite Bond film. It has a great plot, villain, plot and action scenes. Daniel Craig is great and the movie is perfect for the 50th anniversary.

9.6/10
June 25, 2017
A
Skyfall is the best 007 of all time. It delivers a great story as well as awesome characters. Craig once again brings his A game making a case to be the best Bond ever. This Bond felt different from the rest because it had more of of the personal story of Bond. It wasn't just another mission. This is a must see of 2012.
June 20, 2017
I thought Mendes did a great job of creating suspense and tension in the movie. I haven't liked a Bond movie this much in 35 years. Very good Bond movie.
June 18, 2017
Javier Bardem steals the show in this return to form for Craig's portrayal as James Bond. With strong characters and script, Skyfall reveals more about Bond's past as he is on his path back to redemption after a hiatus.
June 9, 2017
"Sam Mendes" didnt disappoint me ;) An amazing directed film !!! The beginning was the best chase scene ever ! Daniel Craig: THE BEST BOND EVER!
June 9, 2017
Impressive for its balancing acts Skyfall manages to be one of the most intelligent entries in the series and one of the most accessible at the same time. It seems a little strange to go from Bond's two-part origin story to a film that considers whether he is over-the-hill, but it was a wise move allowing the reboot to continue its trend of taking the franchise to new places and of deeper exploration of the character. In this case a discussion of whether the character and series are still relevant that is supremely well-handled balanced so that it doesn't get in the way of the story or become too pretentious. Craig does a Bond past his best as well as he did a fresh-faced, brand-new Bond and while the acting of his allies and enemies is some of the best seen in the series, Craig clearly carries the film and it's hard to imagine it working without him.
Another impressive balance is between being probably the most radically different Bond film in terms of structure and plot and still feeling like a Bond film. After Casino Royale stripped away many classic Bond elements, Skyfall resurrects a lot of them; things that were completely unexpected within the more realistic world of the rebooted 007 are weaved in, admittedly sometimes the seams show, but mostly they are achieved in clever ways that work in the context. Overall Skyfall makes for a fitting 50th anniversary celebration of the cinematic James Bond.
½ June 6, 2017
the 3rd best bond film
June 3, 2017
Melhor filme de todos os tempos.
½ May 31, 2017
'SKYFALL' was directed by Sam Mendes and stars Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench. ?When a cyber terrorist steals a list of active MI6 agent names and bombs the MI6 offices, it's up to James Bond(Daniel Craig) to thwart this terrorists plan and stop him from releasing any more names to the public.

This movie is god damn awesome. This was Mendes' first crack at a Bond movie and is BY FAR one of the best Bond movies ever made. Forget that 'Quantum of Solace' trash; this is Bond in his alcoholic prime and by God is it amazing. Daniel Craig is still one of the best Bond's and really sells the depressing, broken aspect of his character. Skyfall is probably the best shot Bond movie and looks visually stunning in every single sense of the word. This is a very character driven story and I love how well it was written. That said, in typical Bond fashion(for me at least), all the scenes and set pieces don't feel connected despite the fact that they are. In spite of this minor hurdle, this movie is a blast from start to finish and contains all the great action to feed action junkies, but also supplies a heartfelt story for people who actually care about plot. I know it's 2017 and no one cares about PLOT(what a childish thing) but for those of us with more than one brain cell, the story is great and possibly the Best Bond plot but I can't say for sure.

Javier Bardem is like that creepy priest you saw when you went to church that one time. He'll sometimes crack a joke(which you'll laugh at just to comfort him) but at the end of the day, he's just gonna try and get you alone in a church after dark. Regardless, Bardem provides a chilling performance and actually makes Bardem's motivations make sense. Silva was also a great Bond villain and proved to be a great foil for Bond and worked well in today's current computer/hacked based climate. Judi Dench provides a heartfelt performance as the wonderful M and makes M the heart and soul of the movie. Ben Winshaw was a great choice for Q and aligning Q with the current computer based climate was also a genius idea. That said, both Ralph Fiennes and Naomie Harris' roles in this movie were kind of pointless. Not to say that their performances were lacklustre but their actual character and purpose made no sense.

This is the most visually stunning Bond. Every shot is masterfully composed and lit. Every scene is masterfully edited and directed. Every frame of this movie provides atmosphere and makes this movie a true joy to behold.

This movie's action was outstanding and it brings back all the classic Bond-isms. Despite that, the Bond Girl was completely useless and the Bond car was virtually non-existent(aside from a mini segment). I'm not saying this takes away from the movie but if you're gonna include them, at least go all in and try to make them interesting.

Skyfall is probably the best Bond song. Say what you want about Adele or even this movie but you cannot die that song is incredible and the lyrics actually have meaning instead of just filler.

Skyfall is one of the best Bond films. It's beautifully shot, well acted, masterfully directed and deserves a spot on the Bond hall of fame. Javier Bardem is one of the best Bond Villains and Skyfall is one of the best Bond songs. All in all, this movie is well worth a watch for old and new fans alike and I'll rate this movie 9 out of 10 Creepy Priests.