Skyfall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyfall Reviews

½ December 8, 2017
Best Bond In Years! Greatest filmography in the modern era!
November 14, 2017
50 years of James Bond and Skyfall is one of the best 007 outings to-date. Director Sam Mendes brings Bond back with a smart, classy and stylish action thriller. Blending materials of both classic Bond and Daniel Craig's modern Bond, you're in for a smashing adventure.
½ November 14, 2017
There are a lot of movies that are really popular but you do not like them, then there are those movies that many people like you do not understand why and why you need a time or look at them again and slowly understand what people love and then there the movies are probably the columns of opinion because exactly the things the other people love about you just did not like you.
"Skyfall" is not one of those movies that is a movie I did not like from the first time and with each new watch it got worse and worse. I still can not understand why anyone can like this movie and still am still shocked to see how many people worship this movie. That people love this movie is bad enough but that they praise this movie as much as anyone else that is the biggest tragedy
"Skyfall" contains no suspense the drama is passable but the effects are funny there is no real plot I third of the movie is just jumping from one place to the next and so I really really took a long time to follow the process of the movie It's always going to be bad if you only see an action movie but you have to read through the Wikipedia article to get the plot (I mean that's not Blade Runner what the complicated storyline?), but I'm a lot more baffled the train that arrives so well on the ground nothing done dirt that has no special quality or anything special.
I even go so far as to say that the film would not even have received a third of the money of praise or prizes if not for the brand name James Bond.
Everything in this movie is stupid the characters you suffer can die all the ones you do not like die sometime later but then not in a good way, Javier Bardem looks like they painted him the visage, and the movie is literally anti-climatic you because the entire last third is even more boring than the rest of the movie. So the movie starts okay, then gets annoying then gets boring and ends in just awful.
I do not understand today it was the people who loved this movie so much and I honestly lost interest in the answer, of course I know the tastes are always different and not all like that but if he changes me half a puzzle want and say that is the most beautiful picture in the world although over half missing and what you see looks like ass then I miss the words.
My conclusion, of course, is that the James Bond films are not always the best in the world and I know that they are made for entertainment only because none of these films will get you an Oscar or be represented very much in the general movie encyclopedia but Skyfall is absolutely shitty, Direct are pretty stupid, the drama is tolerable, the record is super stupid, the end is a single insult and the music would be pitiful even for a Disney musical.
This movie should die.
November 13, 2017
Smart, thrilling, and visually stunning, Skyfall proves to not only be one of the best Bond films, but one of the best spy films ever made.

5/5 stars
October 22, 2017
The best Bond film ever.
October 21, 2017
A brilliant return to form for a series famous for peaks and troughs, Skyfall expands on the role of M by tying her directly into the film on a plot and thematic level, with questions of aging and obsolescence, leading to the finest-crafted film in the series with stand-out action, acting, and cinematography.
October 18, 2017
One of the best Bonds.
October 17, 2017
This is my favorite movie ever
October 16, 2017
While being of the best 007 movies to date, Sam Mendes directs with such passion not commonly seen in most films nowadays, marked with great performances from Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench.
October 9, 2017
Daniel Craig's haunting performance, a smart plot and high-octane action-thriller elements elevate Skyfall above the majority of Bond movies.
jamrcla
October 6, 2017
Bond is back and with style, Daniel Craigs third Bond film is on par with the best Bond film ever made, Casino Royale, Daniel himself is fantastic as he always is but the best performance was Javier Bardem as the villain, He is one of if not the best villain in Bond history, He really felt like the Joker to Batman in some scenes, Very clever and frightening, The plot is a simple revenge story, The action is done well and was very good but there's not as much as you think though, There's an excellent mixture of old school classic Bond and there's also something that feels very unique and fresh all at the same time and when you put them both together you get something magical, The ending scenes were very good and not at all what I thought they would be like, The opening scene was brilliant, 2 hours 25 minutes goes at a reasonable pace but if I'm honest I didn't want it to end, It brings some old characters back that will feature in future Bonds, I just hope they don't spoil it with too much silliness and stupid gadgets from the old films now some familiar characters are back, My favourite film of the year, Very entertaining from start to finish, Even the theme song is brilliant, I can't pick a fault at all, A must watch film, I hope Daniel does as many as he can as he was born to play Bond.
September 27, 2017
Decent movie, but they are beginning to feel drawn out.
½ September 27, 2017
From the gob-smacking opening animation to the last tender moments between James and M, Skyfall is utterly breathtaking.

The good

Skyfall is a hell of a ride. The action is non-stop, but clever, inventive and totally funny at times. Look out for the Caterpillar excavator on the train and the Komodo Dragons in the pit. Very funny!

The restrained and perfectly delivered banter, especially between James and M, is as extraordinarily clever and dry as only the Brits can do.

Everyone puts in star performances, but as I expected, Javier Bardem steals the show from Craig, Dench, Fiennes and the beautiful French Bond girl, Severine (Bérénice Marlohe). After No Country for Old Men I thought he would be hard pressed to play as interesting a character. I was wrong. As Silvahe is absolutely mesmerising to watch - the way he walks, smiles, contemplates life, flirts with Bond and threatens M.

Skyfall is the quintessential James Bond movie with glamour, worldwide locals, gorgeous girls, over-the-top action and dry humour; but it also has depth, honour and wit. It raises issues such as blind faith in your country, loyalty to others and yourself, and personal responsibility.

The bad

I cannot tell you without giving away the film. It does revolve around M, though. You will know it when you see it.

Summary

All three Bond films starring Daniel Craig have been exceptional. (OK, perhaps Quantum of Solace lacked a bit of direction.) I hope the trend continues and Sam Mendes is kept on as director.
½ September 23, 2017
The plot is occasionally messy but the beautiful action sequences and vulnerable characters help create one of the darkest and immersive Bond experiences not to mention of the most entertaining Bond villains to date played magnificently by Javier Bardem.
September 22, 2017
With great action, a simple but thought-provoking plot, and featuring a villain to rival Casino Royale's Le Chiffre, Skyfall successfully makes up for the failure that was Quantum of Solace. Daniel Craig skillfully returns as James Bond in a film that gets personal and is proud of it. It also features the second best opening credits song from any James Bond movie, Skyfall by Adele, which is second only to Goldfinger. I could go on and on, but this is one of the best Bond films ever.
½ September 4, 2017
Visually stunning, much credit to Sam Mendes. Story wise a little absurd however 10/10 characters and a great action.
½ September 4, 2017
James Bond, this name itself shows his life how hard it is to get through all hardships without losing any loves.
I loved this one.
August 25, 2017
A true triumph for Sam Mendes and 007.
August 8, 2017
Yeah, the cinematography is excellent. Sure, the violence is good and the conversations are fun to listen to. That's all given, but what makes this movie the absolute best Bond film of all time - that's right, I said it - is Daniel Craig. He is simply marvelous as Bond, truly a bar above his peers. He can display Bond's emotions and character changes with the most subtlest of facial ticks and movements - and boy, does Bond go through the wringer in this movie.
In Skyfall, Bond goes through a rebirth - both the franchise and the character. Bond faces off against Silva, who was also abandoned by M, and thus, Bond takes on a mirror image of himself, an incarnation of what his alcoholism and bitterness could possibly turn himself into. It's never fully implied if M intended to sacrifice Bond - or Silva - and that's the beauty of this film; it has a certain ambiguity to it that allows you to truly think. Bond doesn't just beat up baddies - he goes through a test of bravery and trust that is emphasized in this movie. We don't just see Bond's struggles, we see him as a person - his humanity, his flaws, the fact that he isn't Mr. Perfect Agent.
½ July 26, 2017
In the list of all 24 Bond Movies this is in the top with the best ones, Daniel Craig was amazing in it, and the action scenes and story where amazing.
P.S. Adele's ''Skyfall'' in the intro was pefection!