Smiley Face Reviews

• Jun 28, 2019

How far is Faris able to take the otherwise simple schtick? Far enough to be far out, so long as you take a hit before hitting play.

• Jan 28, 2017

Anna Faris gets really high and super annoying. Despite that Smiley Face has a couple of layers as one would expect from Writer/Director Gregg Araki but its mild John Waters-ness doesn't make it much more fun to watch.

• Sep 24, 2016

hilarious and well done

hilarious and well done

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    May 26, 2016

Arguably Anna Faris' best performance, it's not amazing but it's not dull either. I didn't like any of the characters but given that it had a banging soundtrack, I can forgive Araki.

• Jun 07, 2015

It's stupid and cheesy, but I had no idea how funny it was going to be.

It's stupid and cheesy, but I had no idea how funny it was going to be.

• May 15, 2015

The kind of silliness that only a true stoner can fully appreciate. Anna Faris delivers a flawless comic performance from beginning to end.

• Mar 31, 2015

Pretty bad stoner comedy with nothing but dumb drug jokes as it follows a girl who gets higher than she planned off her roommates pot cupcakes and then attempts to engage in daily activities like going to an audition and paying a power bill in person with little success. There's nothing here for anyone who isn't high and even people who are would hopefully have higher standards than can be met by a film like this.

• Mar 18, 2015

Post Mysterious skin, Araki has opted for something a lot lighter and a lot less engaging in my opinion. This stoner story will either make you laugh and howl with outburst of laugh or bore you to death. Faris is absolutely spot on regarding the acting and gives a lot to this film. Her energy and funny faces are probably the best things out of this film. I'm usually fan of Araki's work but with this one I think he didn't quite achieved something great unless his goal was to make the ultimate stoner film, if that was the case I guess you can put that one along with Kid Cannabis and Cheech and Chong series.

• Jan 28, 2015

Si eres un drogadicto o fumas demasiado, creo que esta comedia la disfrutarás como nunca. Estando Sobrio es para detestarla.

• Jan 13, 2015

Hilarious yet predictable film, I myself found it fun silly entertainment... just switch off any logic and unwind ..sure it's not a true classic comedy (Naked Gun/ Uncle Buck) but I'm sure most people will find amusement with some of the jokes and slapstick humour watching this, especially if your a fan of stoner films, for example How High or Half Baked, or even Anna Faris' other comedies like The House Bunny and Scary Movie!!