So I Married an Axe Murderer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

So I Married an Axe Murderer Reviews

½ September 13, 2017
Viewers that do not like this movie probably think that root canals are fun. Easily one of Mike Meyers's best characters and films. He made the most with the least. Without the supporting cast of either Austin Powers or Shrek franchises he brings laughs and heart to this movie. Nancy Travis was the perfect match to Meyers. Charming and zany as many of his films tend to be but with a lot of heart as well.
½ May 12, 2017
Sitting on the fence, it wasn't good, and it wasn't bad either.
May 6, 2017
With Mike Myers delivering joke after joke disgracefully, the director should have axed the film crew to save us all from the horror of watching this vienna sausage touted as bratwurst.
May 5, 2017
My favorite comedy of all time!
½ April 29, 2017
Has not aged very well, nor has Myers schtick. Nothing standout, but it's light fun if you're in the mood for a 90s comedy. The best bits were actually the cop buddy with his sergeant and him yearning for a more cliche movie-like lifestyle.
April 25, 2017
Great light comedy. Great scene involving the Scottish family.
½ October 14, 2016
Il est très dur de se lancer dans So I Married an Axe Murderer car le film de Thomas Schlamme possède un premier acte qui dure quasiment la moitié du film. Heureusement pour Schlamme, Mike Myers en est le premier rôle. Juste après Wayne's World, Mike Myers retrouve un peu de retenue et cela aide prodigieusement le film, faisant de son personnage le double du spectateur, même s'il s'offre quand même quelques moments de bravoure lorsqu'il déclame des poèmes dans un night club. Si l'intrigue où celui-ci pense que sa future femme est une serial killer à la hache compte peu, le script parvient à en tirer quelques séquences réussies. De ce fait, le film parvient à atteindre ses objectifs : So I Married an Axe Murderer est une comédie divertissante.
October 1, 2016
Not as good as I remembered, but still funny (although Myers can be tiresome).
½ June 22, 2016
A few heh hehs but old boring movie
June 15, 2016
This is mildly funny. Mike Myers is pretty good.
May 12, 2016
i really liked this movie it was funny had good humour
April 19, 2016
Funny and kind of surprising. Good movie.
½ April 18, 2016
Watching "So I Married An Axe Murderer" again for the first time and I notice so many underworkings of what later became Mike Myers successful "Austin Powers" trilogy of films. His stand-up-style schtick is clever- but doesn't always push the story forward. Entertaining to watch, none-the-less.
February 14, 2016
I'd kind of forgotten about this movie but a lot of great lines came from it. Mike Myers definitely rocked the '90s.
February 13, 2016
A funny movie with a funny cast. Mike Myers does a great job in the double-role as the leading man and his father, especially his father. And Nancy Travis gives you enough but not too much to spoil the mystery.
February 9, 2016
One of Myers' first films after SNL, you can tell that he's still finding his way. The first 2/3 of the film are solid enough, blending outrageous comedy with romance, but the final act really doesn't know what to do with itself and things fall apart pretty quick.
October 28, 2015
Very Quaint, Touching Tale With A Fantastic Ending. The Beginnings Of Mike's Talents Start To Blossom Here With Fat Bastard Clearly An Off-Shoot Of The Rude Insaciable Scotsman Seen Here, Which Is Actually Based On His Dad. Ha!
September 22, 2015
Not only does it have some hilarious, memorable moments, This movie tells an overall great story. I loved it.
August 29, 2015
This movie was some type of reward. I've got no interest in watching it.
August 5, 2015
Simply a delightful comedy, with great performances across the board. Stephen Wright, Alan Arkin, Charles Grodin are perfect in the bit parts they play. Beautifully wry, dry humor and enough slapstick to keep the interest without being overdone. Loved it.