So I Married an Axe Murderer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

So I Married an Axe Murderer Reviews

½ October 14, 2016
Il est très dur de se lancer dans So I Married an Axe Murderer car le film de Thomas Schlamme possède un premier acte qui dure quasiment la moitié du film. Heureusement pour Schlamme, Mike Myers en est le premier rôle. Juste après Wayne's World, Mike Myers retrouve un peu de retenue et cela aide prodigieusement le film, faisant de son personnage le double du spectateur, même s'il s'offre quand même quelques moments de bravoure lorsqu'il déclame des poèmes dans un night club. Si l'intrigue où celui-ci pense que sa future femme est une serial killer à la hache compte peu, le script parvient à en tirer quelques séquences réussies. De ce fait, le film parvient à atteindre ses objectifs : So I Married an Axe Murderer est une comédie divertissante.
October 1, 2016
Not as good as I remembered, but still funny (although Myers can be tiresome).
½ June 22, 2016
A few heh hehs but old boring movie
June 15, 2016
This is mildly funny. Mike Myers is pretty good.
May 12, 2016
i really liked this movie it was funny had good humour
April 19, 2016
Funny and kind of surprising. Good movie.
½ April 18, 2016
Watching "So I Married An Axe Murderer" again for the first time and I notice so many underworkings of what later became Mike Myers successful "Austin Powers" trilogy of films. His stand-up-style schtick is clever- but doesn't always push the story forward. Entertaining to watch, none-the-less.
February 14, 2016
I'd kind of forgotten about this movie but a lot of great lines came from it. Mike Myers definitely rocked the '90s.
February 13, 2016
A funny movie with a funny cast. Mike Myers does a great job in the double-role as the leading man and his father, especially his father. And Nancy Travis gives you enough but not too much to spoil the mystery.
February 9, 2016
One of Myers' first films after SNL, you can tell that he's still finding his way. The first 2/3 of the film are solid enough, blending outrageous comedy with romance, but the final act really doesn't know what to do with itself and things fall apart pretty quick.
October 28, 2015
Very Quaint, Touching Tale With A Fantastic Ending. The Beginnings Of Mike's Talents Start To Blossom Here With Fat Bastard Clearly An Off-Shoot Of The Rude Insaciable Scotsman Seen Here, Which Is Actually Based On His Dad. Ha!
September 22, 2015
Not only does it have some hilarious, memorable moments, This movie tells an overall great story. I loved it.
August 29, 2015
This movie was some type of reward. I've got no interest in watching it.
August 5, 2015
Simply a delightful comedy, with great performances across the board. Stephen Wright, Alan Arkin, Charles Grodin are perfect in the bit parts they play. Beautifully wry, dry humor and enough slapstick to keep the interest without being overdone. Loved it.
½ July 19, 2015
It's interesting watching this some 20 years after seeing it for the first time. Myers has arguably made the same film, or at least played the same character for the best part of 30 years. Not saying he isn't a charming lead, or worth his weight in laughs, but you can definitely see history repeating itself in his shtick.
June 4, 2015
It's so close to being a great dark comedy.
May 21, 2015
There really is nothing I don't really like about this film...and then there's the plot, which is pretty bad. If I could have just spent a couple of hours with Nancy Travis and Mike Myers, as well as Myer's crazy family and his crazy ass policeman friend, I would have been just fine..
May 12, 2015
Great 90's comedy. Highly underrated even if you arn't wearing nostalgia goggles.
May 4, 2015
Worth the watch as light entertainment... It seems to improve a bit with age. I would have gone with two stars the first time around..
April 8, 2015
One of Meyers funniest least known movies.Meyers as the father is just a howl.