Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams Reviews

½ July 14, 2016
Even though "Spy Kids" didn't play out on much seriousness, "Spy Kids 2" goes way below that and aims at a dummer audience than its first, but it is still providing enough creativity and entertainment for its running time.
July 2, 2016
Spy Kids 2 improves on it's predecessor with a more engaging story, fresh character development and a fun ride for the family
½ June 10, 2016
out of the spy kids franchise this is the one i consider its greatest acheivement. Which is unfortunate because the film is just ok. The film suffers from hammy acting, laughable visual effects, and some toddler level comedy but i enjoyed the premise, creativity, and nostalgia of it all which is passable in my book.
June 8, 2016
Better then the first one. More funny and more action and a way better plot.
½ June 4, 2016
Not as fun as the first one, but if enjoyed the idea of the movie you might like it.
½ June 4, 2016
Not as good as the first and completely different too, Very wierd story and just felt too silly at times and very effects heavy that weren't too good.
½ May 22, 2016
Honestly, the only thing I can say about this sequel is it improved very little from the first movie. Other than that, this movie sucks.
March 26, 2016
This second installment to Robert Rodriguez " Spy Kids " was well made. I like the first one and of course this one was well made love that all the characters are back, and the new additions even make the movie look much better. Great action and great special effects. Robert Rodriguez knows how to entertain people with every movie that he takes out. So this sequel was very good well made. As that being said for this being a good solid sequel. I give " Spy Kids 2 : The Island Of Lost Dreams " a C.
February 12, 2016
It isn't as focused as its predecessor, but it is certainly an exciting and fun family film.
February 2, 2016
Acting is iffy but still a good movie overall.
January 30, 2016
You say this is no longer fresh yet that's the rating here.
September 12, 2015
It's looks fun for the actors with a nice cast, but the film looks like a giant green screen film.
September 5, 2015
Love the creatures in this movie. Too bad this was the last decent spy kids movie.
August 26, 2015
Ridiculously absurd, Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams is a goofy children's film that delivers some fun laughs. After being shown up by a rival team of spy kids, Carmen and Juni Cortez attempt to redeem themselves by retrieving a stolen top secret device that's been taken to a mysterious remote island. Steve Buscemi gives an excellent performance as a mad scientist, and some of the child actors (Emily Osment and Taylor Momsen) are pretty good too. Additionally, the film's tone is less zany than the original, which makes the comedy work better. Yet, while Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams has its moments, overall it's still low-budget shlock.
August 23, 2015
What I got to say about "Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams" is a great action adventure movie from start to finish. "It's fun, funny, full of action thrilling and epic all at once." The performances by the whole cast is great. The directing and screenplay by Robert Rodriguez is really good. The cinematography is good. The score in this movie I personally love it. Finally, the effects are good as well. "I have to report that "Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams" is a good movie of a journey that is worth watching."
August 14, 2015
This film is pretty awful. It is such a low budget film. I have never seen such bad special effects. Stick with the original that was the only okay one. They probably should have left it at this and shouldn't have carried on because this one was barely a success and the third and fourth were the worst.
August 8, 2015
I liked it better with different Cast members..........
June 29, 2015
SO much better than the first, but still isn't that good
½ May 24, 2015
Another kids movie that sadly does not hold up. While some areas are slightly improved, it's just not as interesting as floop's castle in the last movie. By the way, Kahn from Star Trek 2 makes an appearance(you'll know when you see him). Overall, it's still a kids movie so logically they'll be entertained. But sadly, an island of 12 magnetic soldiers that travel with magnets and get stuck to metal just doesn't seem to hold up for me, but that doesn't mean it's not occasionally funny.
May 21, 2015
I didn't like it...the first one is a lot better.