Spy Kids 3-D - Game Over - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spy Kids 3-D - Game Over Reviews

½ July 2, 2016
Spy Kids 3 has the fun adventurous feel of it's predecessors but can't face the fact that it lacks the charm and has CGI that is just unforgivable
½ June 20, 2016
children like spy kids and they like video games so put that shit together
I like it was kid but hate it as an adult
I suggest only to show it to your kids only if you have in 3d
½ June 4, 2016
Just horrible, the concept is nowhere as fun as the first two movies, so we get a movie that is so boring you will be tempted to sleep.
June 4, 2016
Silly and no need for it, Completely different to the first two and very disappointing, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but I heard it wasn't great, As much as I love Stallone he shouldn't of been cast in it I felt kind of embarrassed for him.
½ June 3, 2016
The spy kids movies are a fine example of films that didnt age well but at the very least you could enjoy the first two for their low budget charm and for many a nostalgia factor. But spy kids 3D is nothing more than visual aids for the eye with visual effects worse than even the video games of the time. movies with low budget effects arent allways bad with godzilla vs destroyah being a prime example but the film lacks substance. When your film is a style over substance film with no style your in serious trouble. I will say however the film is watchable if your young having nothing in the means of being vulgar or offensive so maybe kids can get into it but in my opinion this film is awful.
½ May 31, 2016
Most of Rodriguez's family films for me have either been ones that I liked fine, or have been guilty pleasures, and a film like this can only be in that second category.
½ May 22, 2016
This movie is a somewhat better than the first two. Mainly because the acting was not too bad, but what made this movie blow was the CGI effects.

Overall, "Spy Kids 3: Game Over" is a weak sequel, but it can be kind of watchable.
May 16, 2016
The best thing was 3-D!
½ March 12, 2016
Boring, just boring. Can't help but feel the only reason this movie got made was because of 3D. The characters were cliché and annoying and the story was bland. Nothing in this movie had the fun I thought the other movies had in spades.
February 25, 2016
I suppose I'm not really the audience for this since I don't really like Robert Rodriguez very much and among films of his I didn't like, "Spy Kids" is joined by "Planet Terror" and "Machete" as films of his I actively hate. All that said ... this might be one of the laziest films I've ever seen. The film is set inside a video game. It doesn't look like a video game. Even by early 2000's standards, the computer animation looks cheap and shoddy. The main villain in the film is played by Stallone ... a notably limited actor. So of course he is asked to play 4 different characters ... or 1 character and 3 alternate personalities of that character ... I don't know, he's terrible and I stopped paying attention.
February 25, 2016
dinkster is best actor
February 24, 2016
I want to see this so bad!
February 22, 2016
DID SOMEBODY RING THE DINKSTER?
February 18, 2016
This movie is really bad but The only thing and I mean ONLY thing I liked was Sylvester Stallone.
February 15, 2016
My favorite of the series since I was little.
February 2, 2016
My favorite movie of the whole quadrilogy.
½ November 8, 2015
It's really a wonder how Rodriguez managed to persuede Clooney, Stallone, Buscemi, Hayek, Paxton, and Elijah Wood to appear in this. Perhaps these people think that they need to become known to the next generation to further their careers. If the film was good, I could sort of understand it, this is, however, the worst of the series so far. It's all set in a computer game (not very original) and the whole film just looks fake. I couldn't stop imagining the scenes being done on against a green screen background.
October 13, 2015
I didn't know there was a live action version of Sword Art Online...
½ September 13, 2015
It's gets sillier in its predictable, but it is nice to see how the kids have aged.
September 6, 2015
Really good film (as a stand alone film and conpaired to spy kids 4).